Advertisement
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Voice Communication Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_derblaumann

Posted 09 May 2004 - 12:22 AM

I don't know if anyone else cares about this, or has the same problem as me, but:

I think that urban terror needs a way to communicate, using microphones, between team mates. I believe that half-life does this. I am not much of a programmer, and have no idea if you could do such a thing, using the Q3 engine and what not.

But, anyway, i tried to use other programs, like sgt. willco - but that just dropped my fps and froze the game up.

another concern i had was that, since this game is being ported to a newer engine, that you wouldn't care to bother with such a thing.

...i don't know. i am a n00b. But, i do like the sound of my own voice... 8)

#2 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 09 May 2004 - 12:29 AM

its called teamspeak2 or ventrilo, SID will not waste time on this sort of application for the mod, sorry.

#3 Guest_digismacked

Posted 09 May 2004 - 12:29 AM

Try something like TeamSpeak http://www.teamspeak.org. It is an external voice comm program like Roger Wilco but it seems to work much smoother. Alot of people in the Urban Terror community use this program for their voice communication during matches and such.

#4 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 09 May 2004 - 02:07 AM

Yeah, TS2 is pretty smooth, that's what we use most of the time. Ventrillo has some neat features too.

#5 Guest_UE|FinnY

Posted 09 May 2004 - 03:26 AM

hehe roger wilco could not have froze ur pc. it doesnt freeze mine and mine is aload of *BEEP* tbh :shock: ..!! lol

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Mav (old) Icon

• LocationGreenwood, Nova Scotia, Canada

Posted 09 May 2004 - 06:10 AM

Teamspeak is what we use, ventrillo I've never been able to use voice activated, so I don't much care for it.

#7 User is offline   preat Icon

• Account: preat

Posted 09 May 2004 - 09:24 AM

Teamspeak or Ventrilo... Work both just fine imo

#8 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 09 May 2004 - 02:49 PM

Teamspeak or Ventrilo... Work both just fine imo

on windows...yes...but there is still no linux client for vent

#9 User is offline   mrp (old) Icon

• Locationuk

Posted 09 May 2004 - 04:04 PM

yap .. teamspeak .. 5 wallhax in one .. shame you are forced to use it seen as tho all the top clans do ;x

#10 Guest_POD-DYCE

Posted 09 May 2004 - 09:34 PM

It would be a nice feature. UT2004 has that feature but since most of us use teamspeak. No need for SID to put this in the mod

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942