• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Freedom of movement in demos Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   rashly (old) Icon

• Locationlong island

Posted 13 May 2004 - 07:00 PM

it would also be nice for the demos not to stop once you accidentally hit the wrong button.

how many of you have had the instict to press tab to see the scores and then have to go through it all again?

also, a rewind feature would be nice. imo, the negative timescale values should be going in reverse. for slow motion you should be able to go into floats less that 1, but greater than 0. 0 should pause it.

#12 Guest_Fr3dY

Posted 13 May 2004 - 07:34 PM

As far as I know, there's a program which gives you greater control over demos when watching them. Maybe it's useful for you:

http://www.planetqua...t/seismovision/

#13 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 13 May 2004 - 11:14 PM

Doesnt give you greater control. It just has things you can do with normal Q3, but easier to find,

#14 Guest_Mr.StaggerLee*ReIIiK

Posted 15 May 2004 - 07:44 AM

i was trying to figure out if this is possible...i was gonna post today, but i guess i dont have to...

im talking client side, not server side, and just talking about specing one player.

except i wanna know how to disable the locked "behind player" 3rd person camera view? i was gonna ask if this is possible...any cvars to unlock it, thanks!!!!???

#15 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 15 May 2004 - 01:16 PM

maybe a silly question, but what data does the server send to a client who is spectator? i mean...does it send all positions of the players, or only of thos actually visible? and what if one would realize that as special modded client like gtv? would there be a chance to get data of the whole action?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 15 May 2004 - 03:34 PM

[quote name='"Oswald"]I think we end up being limited' date=' now I could be incorrect, because we are developing on VMs and not DLLs. I know a few people were trying to do some crazy editing of demos and were not able to because we were using VMs...[/quote']

ET doesn't seem to use VM's though from what I've read.

#17 User is offline   codey (old) Icon

• Locationrepublic.stockholm.se

Posted 16 May 2004 - 08:14 PM

[quote name='"rashly"]also' date=' a rewind feature would be nice. imo, the negative timescale values should be going in reverse. for slow motion you should be able to go into floats less that 1, but greater than 0. 0 should pause it.[/quote']

Reverse timescale is not possible in the Q3A engine afaik - there is a nice demo playback script here with fastforward and pause

http://www.planetqua...d/scripts.shtml

cheers

#18 Guest_Smurfy

Posted 17 May 2004 - 11:30 PM

Wahey Codey to the rescue

#19 Guest_Smurfy

Posted 17 May 2004 - 11:34 PM

there is a programme out there which lets you play the demo back as if the game was being played live and you where a spectator, i didnt have much luck getting it to work well in urT as it appeared as all the players where acrrying a flag but its used a lot in Vanilla Q3 and promod and stuff, if you want more info i suggest asking in the www.own-age.com forums. I belive what people saying about larger demo size is incorrect as this programe runs of pre recorded demos and allows you rerecord the demos from anyone in agmes perspective or even floating around freely, and again VQ3 demos can be opened in defrag (a trick jumping mod) which allows you to manipulate camera angles. This is how a lot if not all good movies are made for Q3.

#20 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 17 May 2004 - 11:36 PM

A demo only stores the data that one player receives I think, so thats not possible? :shock:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942