Urban Terror Forums: Two little things I'm missing (radio and crosshair) - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Two little things I'm missing (radio and crosshair)

#1 User is offline   dborg (old) Icon

• LocationGermany

Posted 06 April 2007 - 04:20 PM

If you ever run out of things to tweak for the next patch  (yeah, right =)), there are two little things I always miss in Urban Terror:

1) The possibility to quick bind a radio group on the 1 to 9 keys. This is possible with ui_radio X, but since you implemented the ingame radio, this will make it impossible to use the numbers to activate an item from the list (it will open another group instead). This could be accomplished by changing the ui_radio X command to either open the submenu or a subentry, or by providing another command that does just that. Another possibility would be to deactivate the bindings for the 1-9 keys if a radio menu is open, if that's possible.

2) A two-coloured dot crosshair, like this: http://farm1.static....32c99889c_o.png
ET has such a crosshair and it's wonderful. I use a similar custom crosshair in Warsow. On a high resolution the dot crosshair usually is larger than a single pixel anyway, and the black border makes the crosshair far more visible on many backgrounds. I probably should have picked a brighter spot to illustrate this more clearly, but it should be clear enough.

#2 User is offline   MidgetKiller (old) Icon

• LocationBC, Canada

Posted 06 April 2007 - 06:21 PM

I like the idea of having a black outline on the cross hair, but would it work with all cross hairs?

#3 User is offline   dborg (old) Icon

• LocationGermany

Posted 06 April 2007 - 06:38 PM

I like the idea of having a black outline on the cross hair, but would it work with all cross hairs?

No it should be a new crosshair (or replacement for the current resizable dot crosshair). There are already two-coloured crosshairs in the list, so it should be possible.

#5 User is offline   MidgetKiller (old) Icon

• LocationBC, Canada

Posted 06 April 2007 - 06:44 PM

Sounds like a good idea to me.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   dborg (old) Icon

• LocationGermany

Posted 06 April 2007 - 07:12 PM

There has always been an in game radio menu. You can bind keys to radio messages, too, so I must be missing something in your post. Here is an example of a radio message bound to a key.  bind n "ut_radio 1 4" 

What I mean is that I can press "1", get the first radio menu, then press "2" to activate the second radio call from the list. This has been possible when the radio was still implemented with the menu system, because the menu would disable my bindings. So I could press "9 9" to say thank you instead of "v 9 9". But now if I bind 1 to "ui_radio 1" for example to open the first page, I can't use the key anymore to actually select a radio item.

#8 User is offline   dborg (old) Icon

• LocationGermany

Posted 07 April 2007 - 06:18 AM

Have to ask woekele if he changed something in the ui for that. It should be the same as it was in 3.7.

It doesn't work anymore since the radio was switched from using the menu system to the ingame rendering.

#9 User is offline   brolly (old) Icon

Posted 07 April 2007 - 07:10 AM

Ive been asking for a two-colored crosshair forever but it skipped my mind for 4.0 lol. I used to use that exact one in q3.

#10 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 07 April 2007 - 05:50 PM

I agree with both of dborg's suggestions.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942