Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Me = Xhair noob

#1 User is offline   MerkyMerc Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: merkymerc

Posted 18 May 2007 - 04:26 PM

I am trying to make a custom crosshair that is a plain dot when not shooting but when ever you do +attack it will be a dot with a small horizontal line on the left and right of it. shown below :D

Posted Image

I've made some crosshairs before but they were not dynamic(?right word?) like the ones already in UrT. I don't want the horizontal lines to show bullet spread either to make it easier on me.

I'm sure there is someone here with this knowledge hopefully they will be kind enough to help me.  :roll:

#2 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 18 May 2007 - 04:30 PM

Eh? Afaik: You can't do custom crosshairs... on pure servers at least. And the changing when shooting seems totally undoable too, since it would require changing of urt code.

#3 User is offline   MerkyMerc Icon

•   verified donor   

Posted 18 May 2007 - 04:33 PM

I want it for non pure servers  :-) 

:( Changing when shooting undoable? I let the bullet spread in the other xhairs fool me then. ah well I will just add lines to the dot lol

#4 User is offline   PatientZero (old) Icon

Posted 18 May 2007 - 04:54 PM

UrT is already programmed to handle bullet-spread-aware crosshairs, but not shooting-aware ones. Thus woekele's comment that you'd have to modify actual UrT code to do this.

#5 User is offline   MerkyMerc Icon

•   verified donor   

Posted 18 May 2007 - 04:58 PM

8-) Thx patient. You made it a lot more clear for me.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   TrueScope (old) Icon

Posted 19 May 2007 - 01:16 PM

8-) Thx patient. You made it a lot more clear for me.

You have to overlook woekele, hes in a whole other league above us all.

Just wanted to say that i wanted to have my own crosshairs too. UrT just aint got it when it comes to the right crosshair. I managed to finally find one i could use. Still not very impressed. I use the dot with a circle around it. And i chose the color white. I used to have just the plain dot crosshair and cg_crosshairsize turned way up. But it was hard to get headshots at distance cause the hairs would block the target. I love that little dot tho. Hella accurate.  Would like a small, red, lined, circle. No middle.

I dont think that dev team is gonna be adding any new crosshairs, so Ill keep using the white circle. What can u do.

#7 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 19 May 2007 - 08:46 PM

I dont think that dev team is gonna be adding any new crosshairs,

it can't be that hard to add more though.

#9 User is offline   MerkyMerc Icon

•   verified donor   

Posted 19 May 2007 - 08:57 PM

yeah I know what you mean truescope. Right now I've settled with crosshair 7, the cross with the black lines mixed with it that also has a diamond in the middle. I chose red for the color. It has worked great so far but I deal with the same long distance problem. I don't know why the vertical lines cause a problem for me in crosshairs but they do. anyway, im gonna get photoshop running and i'm gonna get to making my dot with the horizontal lines and will compare my experiences.

#10 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 19 May 2007 - 09:08 PM

Actually, it is. First, there is no room for more so one would have to be removed and second, some of them are done with code which HighSea wrote. He no longer will touch UrT.

i should have said comparatively speaking. not touching something at all, can be at the far end of the hardness, i understand.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942