• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Cheaters !!!

#31 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 31 May 2007 - 04:38 PM

I noticed two obvious autoaimers in the past two days[the instantaneous 180 degree turn to a head kind], got the demo from one.

I wonder if such threads are part of the problem, by giving ideas to people to ask and search about it.

In any way, it has to be said that the simplest anticheat that identifies simply files, it would be enough to stop the majority of cheaters, the googling+got it from a forum kind.

#32 User is offline   c|M WarBirD (old) Icon

• LocationGermany

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:44 PM

I am honestly considering to shutdown my URT Servers from what I saw in that stupid cheater forum. After this guy "Cheatersutopia" was last time on my Server I am really getting a little mad about this. Usually, when there is only one cheater or so and you catch him when he is too stupid to cheat clever so noone can recognize it, i just leave the Server and do a LOL. I feel sorry for him.

But after seeing that the latest cheats can do practically everything with IO Urban Terror, I don´t see the point in running this anymore. And since I hate PB for the lag & performance it creates, and don´t tell me it isn´t, it is, I will not put a PB Server up.

I hope in time when BE can stop these things actively, I will put my Servers back online. Its sad that I even considering this because of cheaters, but this has become a little too organized for URT now.

WarBirD

#33 User is offline   Sole (old) Icon

Posted 31 May 2007 - 06:36 PM

I was just on your server and it was xiit free!!!

#34 User is offline   dborg (old) Icon

• LocationGermany

Posted 31 May 2007 - 06:58 PM

There is really no point in giving them so much attention. The average player doesn't even bother reading the forums, let alone get the idea of downloading a cheat and figuring out how to use it. The average hardcore gamer has no interest in using cheats anyway, since they get boring rather quickly (just like using /god in a single player game).

Hopefully BE will start fighting the good fight soon, but until then I still see no reason to panic. As long as cheaters are the vast minority on our servers, there is no reason to let them ruin our fun. And seriously, stop mentioning that forum please. :/

#35 User is offline   BloodAngel (old) Icon

Posted 31 May 2007 - 07:04 PM

saw this today on io with be running wonder if its just the aimbot:
http://home.arcor.de.../demo0000.dm_68

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#36 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 31 May 2007 - 07:09 PM

Let's make something clear here. It's not iourbanterror or ioquakee or source or quake3 from id software that is to blame for almost all late cases. It is the lack of anticheat. The cheat coders knew very well how to cheat id software's q3 long before ioq3. The latest trend was to overcome anticheating, and even that was successful in many cases. So, if any server runs without anticheat at all it's laughably easy to cheat it regardless of type of server, id software or iourt's.

By the way, since the clear majority of cheaters seem to just google and copy from forums, even the simplest anticheat that just identifies downloaded files would be enough to avoid all of them.

#37 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 31 May 2007 - 07:11 PM

For 1 day. :)

#38 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 31 May 2007 - 07:26 PM

No. Without anticheating at all it's a matter of googling an old one and using it. With an anticheat that supposedly catches all or most public ones, a cheater [that just downloads, the majority most probably] has to both know where to look, and hope someone would care to upload a new one. That narrows it down again to a minority.

#39 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 31 May 2007 - 08:54 PM

Yes, if that's what you mean with simplest anti-cheat, you're right :)

#40 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 31 May 2007 - 09:01 PM

ah yeah :)

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942