• +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Cheaters !!!

#41 User is offline   das (old) Icon

Posted 01 June 2007 - 12:41 AM

If there is a mod or dev online who can contact me, I may have more info (send a pm with msn / aim).

#42 User is offline   Riotta (old) Icon

• LocationPoland

Posted 01 June 2007 - 12:46 AM

There's only one good way of cheat prevention, community driven info channel, a circle of trusted clans/anti cheat community that share each other logs from servers and banlists. For example Punk Busted community or many others similar communities. They usually working close with anti cheat developers providing them demos or more info about discovered the cheats. I personally think this is best possible idea cause you will never stop the making of cheats but you can at least limit ppl using them. 

#43 User is offline   das (old) Icon

Posted 01 June 2007 - 02:09 AM

wiki a ban list

#44 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 01 June 2007 - 01:04 PM

no. it's impossible to be sure of a half-smart cheater that wallhacks smartly. the best first step is obviously (in my opinion always) to catch the public cheats. the clear majority of cheaters seem to just google and copy them from forums so why not do the obvious and avoid them all.

seriously, and that may be considered a "grey" area by some what I'm going to suggest, if you have strong doubts about what I'm saying, try to use a wallhack in a lan with a friend. it's quite easy to fool others there's no problem if you "pretend" there's no wallhack, if you know what I'm saying.

#45 User is offline   Sole (old) Icon

Posted 03 June 2007 - 11:32 AM

it's quite easy to fool others there's no problem if you "pretend" there's no wallhack, if you know what I'm saying.

I do that alot!

well anyway lets not blow this out of proportion before we get the feeling everyone hacks.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#46 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 03 June 2007 - 02:48 PM

haha, no, I don't think everyone hacks. I know almost all getting good scores at the pubs I join don't. In fact I think it's not even scoring that matters but the whole 'feeling' of the game being harmed by some disturbing the gameworld 'environment' by bypassing its design. But I think it's not harmful necessarily to know some things about it to both not exaggerate about the situation or think of it as non existent. For example, an exaggeration is when some say anti-cheats "DO NOTHING!!!!!!1111111111". Even if some coders aren't scared of them, the overwhelming majority of cheaters just download public ones or just get scared from the mere existence of an anticheat. An example of avoiding the issue completely is calling 'noob' anyone noticing cheaters. Some obvious autoaimers (of the "turned 180 degrees *instantenuously* to a head" kind)  have been noticed and recorded, and had threads in here about them the past few days.

#47 User is offline   n!c3guy (old) Icon

• LocationSweden

Posted 03 June 2007 - 04:20 PM

This is the only proper handling of cheaters.

After watching the demoes i must say i'm feeling sick. Where is the fun in cheating? From my point of view it's a self-effacing behavior taking the fun and challange out of any game.

#48 User is offline   AKGRIZZLY (old) Icon

• LocationAlaska

Posted 03 June 2007 - 06:34 PM

0_0

I hope they were damn sure he was cheating, if that were my rig I'd be in a seriously violent mood right about then.

#49 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 05 June 2007 - 01:10 AM

Thought it was just a fake commercial for that LAN  :-P

#50 User is offline   Phantomas71 Icon

• Account: phantomas71

Posted 05 June 2007 - 01:35 AM

Thought it was just a fake commercial for that LAN  :-P

I always had that impression...  :roll:

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942