•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 09 June 2007 - 02:29 PM

That's it, you're banned :P

#43 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 09 June 2007 - 03:16 PM

I do hope that you will still do maintenance releases if they become required, at least until you release the game code or have something that can take its place. There is no reason why URT shouldn't live on long after its "final release", just like other games do. I still consider this a beginning, not just the beginning of the end.

hahah, nice try. I'd love that too but I don't see it happening after 27 saying he's closer to MS tools :P

ps. btw. I'm one of those 1000+ post users Bumper mentioned, but I'm quite certain this forum is NOT representative of how many love the game without even talking.

#44 User is offline   jolivierld (old) Icon

Posted 12 June 2007 - 03:12 PM

Oh and while you're at it:

ut_sands
ut_laneway
ut_revolution (<-- one of the best maps)
ut_streets
ut_ricochet (<-- masterpiece)
    :mrgreen:

and all the good oldie maps

been around for years.. luv the game.
thanks for updating it. q3 still rocks.

#45 User is offline   MrBecks (old) Icon

• Location/Germany/Lower Saxony/Hannover

Posted 12 June 2007 - 03:16 PM

a classic map pack would be fine :)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#46 User is offline   Homie Icon

• Account: homie
  • Main tag: ]$[

Posted 12 June 2007 - 05:29 PM

u forgot swim

been here since 1.1 (I think.. def 1.27) totally excellent map (for TS), well known, well played and well loved

screwed up by the 'additions' to make it bomb mode 'compatible' and the closure of the Female changing rooms (imo), just needed some nice shiny hi-res textures and abit of a brush up, and it would have been good to go....(for pub play... never was too hot for competition gaming)

actually given the 20 or so maps in Urban Terror..... for TS we've found that really only around half withstand repeated playing in TS. infact a quick scan of the most active UrT servers atm using ASE shows mainly, Abbey, Riyadh, Uptown, Casa and Algiers with just a few Elgins, Thingleys and Madolins being played.... ok this is just a snap shot of the top populated servers at this point in time (all gamemodes), and could just be coinsidence, but this seems fairly typical from my views and scans

My current rotation is Casa, Elgin, Algiers, Mandolin, Turnpike, Prague, Ambush, Abbey, Uptown and Austria.. at some point every map excluding Ramelle, Snoppis and Dressing Room has been in the rotatation and slowly been removed. Docks would have have been in there, as would have been Swim.

I have absolutly no problems with the Dev team coming out with new maps, they for this release seems to have fallen abit short in terms of playability, when compaired of the maps that have already existed in the game. There are exceptions of course like Mandolin, for example... a near perfect TS map for UrT, Austria and Elgin too.

Im not including what I consider gamemode specific maps like Tombs, Riyadh, Ramelle and AbbeyCTF in this as atm (though Ambush is arguabley a CTF map). I'm not running multi gamemode anymore, but tombs in Bomb mode rox, and should have been the new Revolution

Im not saying this to dump on any mappers, I say this to put forward the current position as a TS server admin, after over 2 months of 4.0 being released.

I know some new maps are still being worked on, I just hope these can knock Casa, Abbey, Uptown off the top spot once and for all  :evil: :mrgreen:

#47 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 12 June 2007 - 06:00 PM

excluding Ramelle, Snoppis

ut4_snoppis should be played. knifes only. rush to the center. horey!

#48 User is offline   RahX (old) Icon

• LocationPaducah KY

Posted 12 June 2007 - 10:23 PM

I thought the only problem with docks was that it still had q3 textures, and with IO you couldn't use those? Perhaps I read wrong.

#49 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 12 June 2007 - 11:24 PM

Also lighting and needing the .map to easily edit it... Which I dont think there is.

#50 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:23 AM

No classic mappak, no source code release, when we are done, we are done for good no updates or maintenance releases, who do you think we are microsoft? Gamers will need to accept the decision when that time comes and be happy with what they have and have had in he past.

Oh yeah revo was a great map, just crated and released long before its time.

• (15 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942