• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Rename block / Fake nick problem.

#1 User is offline   PsyCh0m4n1aC (old) Icon

• LocationQrwa - Village in Uganda

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:59 AM

Prolly most of you (especialy .eu) players have seen gamers,  the retarded gamers, who join the server, make team kills or call random kick votes, and then rename themselfs so they cannot be punished. Doubling thename of some other player on the server, makes it hard to kick such a moron. Imo doubling name should be forbiden by and im sure its not smth that cant be done. Also the time between calling votes, especialy for kick should be longer..

#2 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 13 June 2007 - 12:38 PM

My opinion on such matters remains, a global identification server that registers nicknames (like this forum and irc nickservs) is the way to go. Not necessarily with disallowing other names or even duplicates but by having a 'registered' icon next to identified nicknames. It would generate trust among users and know more easily who are the 'rebels'.

ps. Of course, Oswald said this game gets no updates after the next (and little ones till then) so whatever, at least talking about gaming in general..

#3 User is offline   Pio (old) Icon

• LocationUk

Posted 13 June 2007 - 01:49 PM

Yeah that happend to me yesterday some guy was name stealing, I think PB can stop it but if you dont have PB it wont. The best thing to do is to disconnect and rename yourself then try kicking the name stealer. This is often to hard as I found out..  :x phrehaps BE will provide somthing like this we can only hope.

In fact someone is still using it! I think as i saw myself on a sever getting kicked, it destroys your reputation or can do looks like Im going to have to rename myself. GRRR your not the only one PsyCh0m4n1aC

#4 User is offline   Phantomas71 Icon

• Account: phantomas71

Posted 14 June 2007 - 11:34 PM

If you call a kick vote you choose the player from the list,
for what i saw he can rename tons of time, but vote will kick him.

#5 User is offline   dborg (old) Icon

• LocationGermany

Posted 15 June 2007 - 12:51 AM

But which name do you pick, if he always takes the name of another player... That's the real issue AFAICT. Changing to an already existing nick should at least add a suffix, like a number (or a prefix like "Copy of " ;)). Of course this would go for "New URT Player" as well. It's a common problem that it's impossible to tell who to kick when there are several of them on a server. Client ID would only help if it would be shown next to the nick for every player action on the console (like on GTV).

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Phantomas71 Icon

Posted 15 June 2007 - 01:28 AM

I don't know if the list made appear the players in cronological order.

#7 User is offline   PsyCh0m4n1aC (old) Icon

Posted 19 June 2007 - 02:59 PM

I don't know if the list made appear the players in cronological order.

Even if so, u do have to know who was first on the sv - stupid.

#8 User is offline   Phantomas71 Icon

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:26 PM

It's quiet easy.
If you check drawteamoverlay, hit messages, teamm8's positions,
waverespawns, if it's time to reload weap,
you are also able to put an eye when somebody join.
Then check minutes and score pressing TAB, maybe when you are dead waiting for respawn - stupid

#9 User is offline   PsyCh0m4n1aC (old) Icon

Posted 21 June 2007 - 01:56 PM

It's quiet easy.
If you check drawteamoverlay, hit messages, teamm8's positions,
waverespawns, if it's time to reload weap,
you are also able to put an eye when somebody join.
Then check minutes and score pressing TAB, maybe when you are dead waiting for respawn - stupid

man that kind of talk is like amish point of view - making something easy is wrong(ie. use technology to live in better live conditions), lets use the harder way..

its a problem, and its a matter of few lines of code to solve it.

#10 User is offline   Phantomas71 Icon

Posted 21 June 2007 - 02:05 PM

Wrong.  :-D

It's called "try to do something, always, in any condition" (until your mentioned lines of code will come to help)
I will not refuse them, so wasn't amish p.o.v. (mentioning amish and a videogame is a bit lol
but i got what you wanted to say)

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942