Urban Terror Forums: Something about the SR8 is bothering me - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (15 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Something about the SR8 is bothering me

#111 User is offline   RyuuJiN (old) Icon

Posted 28 July 2007 - 07:55 PM

how do i shot web, lol?

#112 User is offline   BladeUrbanTerrorist (old) Icon

• LocationBrighton, UK

Posted 29 July 2007 - 05:20 AM

I don't think it is a weak argument at all fate my man.
(perhaps one we could argue about for a week maybe  :-D )
an ump-tastic shot straight to the head will shut a SPAS up, SPAS is handy for a frantic, not on target shot.

The point IS that they are all better in different 'situations', depending who ya playing against, what map, what gametype.
Its horses for courses man  :mrgreen:

Same with the SR8. There isn't an SR8'er I know that hasn't lost out to an M4/LR.
Its a choice ya make :-D

#113 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 29 July 2007 - 10:02 AM

An example is the night vision of 3.7. it was so mindbogglingly powerful in large complicated maps that it was impossible to win against someone  equal in skill unless taking it. That meant one HAD to take it or NONE take it. Therefore those maps were "mysteriously" rarely played and the argument "oh who cares, anyone can take the goggles" was weak since it could also be said "anyone HAS to take to not get owned by someone having it".

(btw, it's still used with smoke easily depending on the map so I think it would be better off with it removed altogether and smoke staying. also 1vs1 is no different than 3.7 because there're no allies, minimap can be used etc.)

#114 User is offline   BladeUrbanTerrorist (old) Icon

• LocationBrighton, UK

Posted 30 July 2007 - 07:53 PM

"anyone HAS to take to not get owned by someone having it".

I do get your point, believe me. (As I said earlier I don't carry an SR8)
I find that on the pub servers I play on, a few each side will use SR8's, the others autos.
This balances out nicely.

If I join a server which is an SR8-fest (and they can use 'em) I'll:
(1) hang about for a bit to see how I fair against 'em or
(2) find another server with a better (or should I say more favoured) weapon balance
coz lets face it Riyadh, them all SR8'ed up when I've got a G36 or M4 is gonna be hard work,
and say (god forbid) I WAS going to war and my enemy were all carrying SR8's, I'd sure think twice about going at 'em with an M4, but if it was a mixture (as it often is) I'd try an avoid the snipers while hoping my snipers would take care of 'em.

I guess what I'm trying to say (in my awkward fashion  :-P ) is the SR8, while formidable, doesn't really spoil my enjoyment of the game.  :-)

#115 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:36 PM

i was just talking theoretically, generally, i don't find it overpowered especially in ctf. in ts it could be, not because it's more frag-based but because there's no objective and camping can alone win games.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#116 User is offline   autoaim.cfg (old) Icon

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:58 PM

Europe is predominately TS it's pretty much all we play.

*flaming of other forum members removed*

I'm autoaim, that's all the validation I need for the above statement.

#117 User is offline   Bumper (old) Icon

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:05 AM

Autoaim piss off back to rants and rave you forum mong.
Seriously your whole sense of self worth seems to come from the fact that you love to type.

You're the worst type of urt community member.
You are entirely based around an irc or forum persona and if it's not this community it would be any other that would listen to your random outpourings of mediocrity.

Guys like you, people whose persona and reputation is based on irc and forums, are a god damn cancer to this game.
Maybe not this 'community' but certainly to this game.

If this forum was comprised of members that played the game day in and day out [and do not treat urt as irc with the ability to shoot people] and who actually contributed to this game [map makers] it would be better for it.

Also my statement stands.
How many ctf competions have there been in the last 7 years in Europe?

Anyway stay on topic if you can restrain yourself enough.

#118 User is offline   Juno Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: juno
  • Main tag: ~SG~

Posted 31 July 2007 - 10:25 AM

SR8 is a great weapon. Have some adventages and disadventages.
Its true, some players with lack of skills or experience can be bothered by this weapon.
But a sec of thinking and almost everybody get know how to pwn sr user. Of course its not very likely to pwn this user. But is very like to avoid frag by sr. A very few palyers can use sr as weapon on short distances, so if someone move fast in unpredictable way sr player has troubles. But It forces players to thinking. Many ppl forgot that urt is fps/shoter game, they still play against human. So if somebody spent all his (redundant) live on singleplaying modes can be suprised that they r not so strong like in snigleplayer mode.
SR8 is very good balanced. There is no weapon like this which has so many restrictions: inaccuracy, 3 bullets clip and its neseccery to move fast, so kev is redundant and sr player is less secured.
Spas is good now BUT inaccuracy should be increased on longer distances.
Respect all
:-)

#119 User is offline   BladeUrbanTerrorist (old) Icon

• LocationBrighton, UK

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:35 PM

Ever get the feeling you missed something?  :-P

Methinks autoaim.cfg said a bad thing about Bumper, who has now reciprocated his feelings - love an war huh!
I think really you both have undisclosed 'warm' feelings for each other  :-P

woekele, the new Os? ;-)

quote:
"If this forum was comprised of members that played the game day in and day out [and do not treat urt as irc with the ability to shoot people]"
ooOOooo get her! I nearly felt guilty for using 'chat' for a second  :-D

play nicely fellas, and put them sweeping statements aside  :mrgreen:

#120 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 01 August 2007 - 07:08 AM

people whose persona and reputation is based on irc and forums, are a god damn cancer to this game.
Maybe not this 'community' but certainly to this game.

If this forum was comprised of members that played the game day in and day out [and do not treat urt as irc with the ability to shoot people]

One may play and post all day.

and who actually contributed to this game [map makers] it would be better for it.

that's too much.

• (15 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942