• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Ideas for 4.1, post em' here!

#471 User is offline   Juno Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: juno
  • Main tag: ~SG~

Posted 30 November 2007 - 10:28 AM

In ET(pro) there is a cvar setspawnpt which allow people to specify which of the spawnpoint they want to be spawning at on the map. I think such feature could be good help for competition UrT where teams can set which spot they spawn at. Eg for CTF: the fastest guy in the team spawn at front so he doesn't block the rest of the team and able to move more quickly to protect or return the flag.

Exactly.
Planning spawn points would be wonderful feature.
I have exactly same problem on CTF.
It so annoying.
I want this!
:-)

#472 User is offline   Eule|Linux (old) Icon

Posted 30 November 2007 - 02:14 PM

Hi @ all

Here a thing I would like to have in a new version of Urban Terror:

At the end of a game comes the stats. And especially on TDM there could be one more column with the individual  contribution of any player for the Team. In TDM its kills - deaths. On CTF it can be the amount of captures.

In the picture the diff shows what i want.
Posted Image

So. What do you think about it?

#473 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 30 November 2007 - 02:53 PM

Exactly.
Planning spawn points would be wonderful feature.

:-D no, one should be able to be a ghost and walk to a spirit healer to get respawned.

i'm quite certain it's never be done before. originality.  :mrgreen:

#474 User is offline   MerkyMerc Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: merkymerc

Posted 30 November 2007 - 05:03 PM

:-D no, one should be able to be a ghost and walk to a spirit healer to get respawned.

Posted Image
:-)

#475 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 30 November 2007 - 07:25 PM

kekekkee  :lol:

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#476 User is offline   Tung Icon

•   community admin   
    www.urban-terror.fr
  • Account: tung

Posted 30 November 2007 - 08:07 PM

Maybe it sounds stupid (and useless now ...) but i thought about a new gametype. I mean not really a new one but an extra one.

This game is different coz of the physics and the movements. A lot of players like jumpers simply enjoy to move their asses all around. So why not create a race gametype ? I explain myself : everyone spawn in the same team with no weapon at all (or maybe just a knife) waiting for the "on your mark, ready, go !". Then they all have to cross pre-defined points (like flags) which are spreaded all over the map. The first to join the final spot wins.

I think it could be funny  :-D

#477 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 30 November 2007 - 08:12 PM

In the picture the diff shows what i want.
Posted Image

So. What do you think about it?

u won!

ahem, yes, i've thought about that too, but i doubt dev wll do anything.

#478 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 30 November 2007 - 08:21 PM

Maybe it sounds stupid (and useless now ...) but i thought about a new gametype. I mean not really a new one but an extra one.

This game is different coz of the physics and the movements. A lot of players like jumpers simply enjoy to move their asses all around. So why not create a race gametype ? I explain myself : everyone spawn in the same team with no weapon at all (or maybe just a knife) waiting for the "on your mark, ready, go !". Then they all have to cross pre-defined points (like flags) which are spreaded all over the map. The first to join the final spot wins.

I think it could be funny  :-D

UrbanDefrag

#479 User is offline   PolyMorpH (old) Icon

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:00 PM

Apologies if this has already been mentioned - did not have time to read entire thread.

Can a time limit on voting be put in place? like being unable to call a vote for around 10 minutes after joining a server?
After playing this game for nigh on a month this trend of instantly calling votes after connection is really starting to poke its head out.
Albeit mostly during the day and early evening  :roll:

+1 for removal of white skin or give blue one as well.
Or you could remove options for laser and or silencer while using this skin to even up the camouflage advantage  :lol:

Thats about all i can think of at the moment.

Kudos on a great game.

#480 User is offline   Ben1220 (old) Icon

Posted 03 December 2007 - 09:08 AM

Two more Ideas...

Show sensitivity as a number as well as a bar so that you can set it easier, and you can test different sensitivities and go back to the exact one you liked best without messing around with a bar trying to get it perfect

Also make it possible to be able to change respawn protection for different gametypes, meaning if there was a vote to go to ffa, get rid of spawn protection as it is impossible to respawn in ffa and people keep respawning in your face with invincibility, spawn protection in ffa is stupid but in other game modes it is good, so there should be a way to set spawn protection values for different gametypes

• (52 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942