• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

uptown

#31 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 18 September 2007 - 01:44 AM

Just because im getting bad fps on uptown, and some people with a quad core arent, doesnt mean alot.
my vid card is a geforce MX 4000. this is the only game ive played so far on medium detail that gets horrible FPS.

Did you read my post where i said that i had no problem regarding fps on uptown with a Pentium3 1.1Ghz?

I have to use this computer for the internet because my good PC is incapable of having internet. ive tried.

Something about this comment makes me giggles like a school girl in uniform sitting on autoaim's lap.

#32 User is offline   žalost (old) Icon

• vivisectionist
  • Locationseahorse seahell

Posted 22 September 2007 - 02:11 AM

no lol its becuase the motherboard is outdated, but the PC itself is good. i cant find drivers worth a shit to support networking.

#33 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 22 September 2007 - 07:12 AM

It was built from a .map that was younger than what ut_uptown was compiled from. Spawns and hinting were missing.

@Dondon, AMD64 3000 is super high end computer? :)

I have more or less the same, and I run with r_picmip 2 (1280). It's unplayable with more than 8 players everywhere on the map. Less than 8 and only the spawnrooms are really bad. I should point out that a lot of servers go to shit at 14+ players (our clan server degrades at about 10 players and it's more than capable of running a 16 player server), and I can't play with proper FPS at more than 16. Uptown just gets laggier sooner than the other maps, but it's not way worse.:P

#34 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 22 September 2007 - 09:29 AM

its own setup is by definition heavy. at almost any time, one looks at a big part of the map. even with the technical issues, that can not be changed unless it was not uptown but another map. the fact that's it's a very small map (which may look bigger than it is because of its verticality), helps to not be mega-lagged.

#35 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 22 September 2007 - 11:24 AM

I have more or less the same, and I run with r_picmip 2 (1280). It's unplayable with more than 8 players everywhere on the map. Less than 8 and only the spawnrooms are really bad. I should point out that a lot of servers go to crap at 14+ players (our clan server degrades at about 10 players and it's more than capable of running a 16 player server), and I can't play with proper FPS at more than 16. Uptown just gets laggier sooner than the other maps, but it's not way worse.:P

So weird, I play @ 1680x1050 picmip 0 and have no problems at all in 16player TS uptown, just the steady vsync'ed 60fps I always get. Maybe it's gametype-related or something :S But anyway, some hinting has been added to it and I'll try compiling the next ioUrT with msvc and then hope that solves a lot of the issues.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#36 User is offline   žalost (old) Icon

• vivisectionist
  • Locationseahorse seahell

Posted 23 September 2007 - 10:51 PM

hmm.

well its mainly an entirely open map, so even w/ hinting it wont make it that better, as BK said. same with DD's maps. like campus, the hinting is overboard insane... but i got sliightly lower fps ther just becuase of the map's layout, being really open and all like uptown.

#37 User is offline   Ann Core (old) Icon

Posted 07 October 2007 - 01:03 PM

All I know is that I get slight fps drops (3-5 fps from an otherwise steady 60) only after a few minutes of play and only as I come out of the spawn spots (both red and blue). The rest of the map plays fine.

I got an AMD Dual Core 4400 (2.2 GhZ) with 2 gigs of fast ram (Corsair), and an Asus 8800 GTS with 640 MB of memory (1680 x 1050). It's all running on Windows XP.

I don't get drops as long as I stay inside the respawn - only once I step outside. Does the graphic card get all of a sudden overwhelmed by the sheer amount of info it has to calculate?

I otherwise appreciate Uptown very much even if I kinda miss the old random respawning spots.

#38 User is offline   StonedLemming (old) Icon

• LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 07 October 2007 - 01:42 PM

As i read urt sucks on dual core, you have too set affinity settings or something, so it uses only one processor.
q3 simply wasnt made for dual core technology. :-)

#39 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 07 October 2007 - 02:42 PM

Maybe it's cause of Cool and Quiet too. When you're inside, your CPU might toggle to slower multiplier, cause it can do it easily, then you step outside and suddenly it has to work harder, but takes a while for Cool and Quiet to switch back to full speed again. Test by either turning C&Q off in the bios or by setting your power scheme to not 'minimal power management'.

And ye, there's also the other suggestions, affinity on 1 core, turning off threading in nvidia driver, turning off multiple monitor setting in nvidia...

#40 User is offline   M@n!c (old) Icon

Posted 07 October 2007 - 03:30 PM

As i read urt sucks on dual core, you have too set affinity settings or something, so it uses only one processor.
q3 simply wasnt made for dual core technology. :-)

Not true. I have a dual core processor and it works superbly with UrT :-)

And I never had to set anything special for UrT and I have nvidia 8600 gts

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942