• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Revert the SR8 Rate Topic: -----

#181 User is offline   MerkyMerc Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: merkymerc

Posted 08 January 2008 - 05:41 PM

Yeah 3.7 was great. Only thing other than the hitcode that was annoying were the beginnings of matches having what seems to be hundreds of grenades, blasting over rooftops  :lol:

#182 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 08 January 2008 - 05:54 PM

sprays like a maniac

spraying?

It's carefully calculated exploitation of probability.

#183 User is offline   slackin Icon

• Account: slackin
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 08 January 2008 - 08:58 PM

It was mr. Burns.

Posted Image

ROTF ROTF

#184 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 09 January 2008 - 05:30 AM

Yeah 3.7 was great. Only thing other than the hitcode that was annoying were the beginnings of matches having what seems to be hundreds of grenades, blasting over rooftops  :lol:

What was wrong with the hitcode?

#185 User is offline   MerkyMerc Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: merkymerc

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:02 AM

I'm not sure if what I experienced was what everyone else referred to as "hits" (or sometimes 'unhits'), but I do recall a lot of frustration during some 3.7 games from being right in someones face and filling them up with lead..or so I thought..moment later I'm the dead guy...I'm not too bad with aim, or so I think. Either way others bitched about it so I figured there was a real problem in the hitcode, not just my aim/trigger control. Lo and behold 4.0 is released and was said to have updated hitcode.  Also, that question's better suited for the Dev's, I'm curious to know as well. :-)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#186 User is offline   X8 (old) Icon

Posted 09 January 2008 - 09:31 PM

well, i think holden did a good job of summarizing and brought up some good points of changing the sr8 and adapting. i think that's it fair to say that those of us which are against the sr8 change (which i think there are quite a lot of, especially among the older players group) are also open to some sort of middle ground, understanding that the devs wont change it back 100%. and in terms of that middle ground many of us have offered accepting the unzoom in exchange for a higher threshold percentage (i.e. 50%, a "significant damage dealt"). personally, i would rather the unzoom be done away with all together, and would be strongly against seeing it added to other scoped weapons. i hope that the dev team will listen to our comments on the subject and take them into consideration in regards to 4.2 (or maybe 4.1a hotfix???  :wink:).

i, like holden, don't post here alot- but i've been playing the game since 2000 and could never get enough of it. i fell that truely this build is the best one in a very long time, baring the sr8 change.

#187 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 09 January 2008 - 10:00 PM

Quite possibly the case, as there have been nowhere near the complaints or issues with the hit detection since 4.0 (and subsequently 4.1).

I'm not sure if what I experienced was what everyone else referred to as "hits" (or sometimes 'unhits'), but I do recall a lot of frustration during some 3.7 games from being right in someones face and filling them up with lead..or so I thought..moment later I'm the dead guy...I'm not too bad with aim, or so I think. Either way others bitched about it so I figured there was a real problem in the hitcode, not just my aim/trigger control. Lo and behold 4.0 is released and was said to have updated hitcode.  Also, that question's better suited for the Dev's, I'm curious to know as well. :-)

#188 User is offline   PsycoManiac (old) Icon

• LocationPorto, Portugal

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:32 AM

Well, I'll make holden's words my own too.
The sr8 was nerfed way too much and while playingg in pubs with random players might still make us think it's not so bad at all, playing in serious competitions would make you want to delete the game when you realise you are useless with an sr8.
I think 90% of the old players who used sr8 have either stopped playing or are still playing it on about 10% of their past normal activity.
I've kinda lost the interest in the game altought I didn't give it the proper "adaptability" time. It's just that the game wasn't appealing me before and with the new version I, once again, have to adapt to the tweaks made due to god knows what reason behind it.

#189 User is offline   Diggs (old) Icon

Posted 10 January 2008 - 01:09 AM

This was so predictable. All the 'noob stick' users would be here to cry they are not as 'l33t' as they used to be.

Bring out the Kleenex.

All the way from the beginning of this thread and still so true.

We turn off the SR8 (noob stick) for some maps and what do you know, finally EVERY weapon is being used in almost equal proportions.  Turn the SR8 on and up to 1/2 the players are soon using it.  First it is one or two and then others say they need to use it to snipe the snipers.  It really distorts the balance of the game.  The  click-kill rail gun is still there and all this complaining because it un-zooms?  Pffffft - Pulease....

#190 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:24 AM

All the way from the beginning of this thread and still so true.

We turn off the SR8 (noob stick) for some maps and what do you know, finally EVERY weapon is being used in almost equal proportions.

This point may be valid but, while the "noob stick" may have been nerfed, a better approach could have been to un-noob it. Namely, it could have been changed but with removing its moving penalties and making it a fast weapon. To nerf such a superiority that would have produced, bullets and timing between shots could have been reduced; e.g. now it's 2 seconds between shots, it could use 2.5 or something on less bullets, 4 or something. I had proposed that on the first reply.

• (21 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942