Advertisement
  • (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Need Help with a Bind Rate Topic: -----

#21 Guest_sHrOOm

Posted 02 June 2004 - 12:10 AM

Aarsbuds0r, my freind, YOU are a GOD damn genuis.. thnx for your help!
thats exactly what i wanted. thnx m8

#22 User is offline   Nologic (old) Icon

• LocationSeattle, Washington USA

Posted 02 June 2004 - 01:02 AM

Aarsbuds0r -

hmmm still seems a bit much and over complex and over bound...but if that works for him I guess.

So really my first post last script would have worked fine if he would have removed the weapon toggles and placed them on a single key like they should be...hence:

set cg_crosshairrgb "0,1,1,1"
set blah_1 "set blah vstr blah_2; cg_drawcrosshair 4;cg_crosshairsize 10"
set blah_2 "set blah vstr blah_1; cg_drawcrosshair 8;cg_crosshairsize 23"
vstr blah_1 // Default

bind F10   "vstr blah"
bind SHIFT "ut_weaptoggle primary secondary"

or if he really wants or needs for some fucked up reason to have that many keys bound:

set cg_crosshairrgb "0,1,1,1"
bind F9    "cg_drawcrosshair 4; cg_crosshairsize 10"
bind F10   "cg_drawcrosshair 8; cg_crosshairsize 23"

Well its good you could figure out what he wanted...tho it seems he has a bind fitish. ;)

BongosNaked -

Heh well the files are using DOS encoding...but I can convert it over to Mac or Unix if you like....and if SoF II works on Mac's then yeah the script will also work fine for them. :)

Not sure if you looked at it or not...but it covers like 200 or so var's and commands....with about a thousand combo's over all....heh and its at like the 60% mark right now. ;) Down side of it tho is that I'm knocking really damn hard on the Max_Var limit...been ripping out a lot of stuff to allow some client type scripts to be used by the admins while gaming...so its not as fancy as it could or would be if the limit was say...trippled. ;)

Oh well tho....cya around :)

#23 Guest_sHrOOm

Posted 02 June 2004 - 05:27 AM

mr no logic, first off you labled me as a newb at the sight of this post, next you then gave me a wrong answer cuase you labled me...

I would be embarrased if I were you, sence Aarsbuds0r doesn't speak very good English... and dont say his code is complex cuase it isnt.. those varibles i gave are not permenant.. they where just to get it started i have sence changed and differ color corsshair's,sizes,and types..

he gave me exactly what i needed...

all you did was give me a long code exspecting me to break out my hex editor and break it...

i didnt ask for a puzzle i asked for a fix.... anyways sorry to waste your time... btw why dont you code a script on the damn hackers of urt sence you so good :) thehhe anyways thnx for your help it was appreaciated... i learned more on scripting/binding... today.

#24 Guest_Wil Badger

Posted 02 June 2004 - 05:27 AM

oh no i completly understood what he was asking for and wanted . i just didn't really want to write a script for somebody who can't understand a bit of it and is only going to cause more complications like it did. i was trying to talk the guy into something more simple . ya some maps are hard to see the crosshairs thats why i just change the color to something that contrasts the background.

#25 User is offline   Nologic (old) Icon

Posted 02 June 2004 - 06:40 AM

sHrOOm -

Dang I hate it when people put shit in my mouth...I said you where a "troll" not a "newbie"...I never call any one a "newbie" since I hate the term. Actually I gave you the right answer with a minor error...which you never took the time to say what was right...and what was wrong.

Also your a non-scripter...thus you don't have a clue how shit should be coded...you just have some idea stuck in your head of what you think is right...not what is right.

Now why should I be embarrased over this? Because I couldn't make heads or tails out of your broken english...please tell me that english is not your native tongue.

hmm AarsbudsOr doesn't speak very good english...hehe from what I've seen so far he blows your butt out of the water. ;)

hm I could see how you read into my statement that I could be knocking his code...but thats not the case...from what I see of it...he did just what he needed to do to get it to fly for you...ie some where a key got rebound...even tho it wasn't needed. I'm sure he knew this, but did what needed to be done just to shut your trap.

I gave you long code??

set tog_1 "set tog vstr tog_2; cg_crosshairrgb 0_1_1_1 ; cg_drawcrosshair 4 ; cg_crosshairsize 10 ; ut_weaptoggle primary secondary"
set tog_2 "set tog vstr tog_1; cg_crosshairrgb 0_1_1_1 ; cg_drawcrosshair 8 ; cg_crosshairsize 23 ; ut_weaptoggle primary secondary"
vstr tog_1 // Default

bind SHIFT "vstr tog" // Toggle Action 

Move the weapon toggle to shift only...then move the script to a different key and you got:

set tog_1 "set tog vstr tog_2; cg_crosshairrgb 0_1_1_1 ; cg_drawcrosshair 4 ; cg_crosshairsize 10"
set tog_2 "set tog vstr tog_1; cg_crosshairrgb 0_1_1_1 ; cg_drawcrosshair 8 ; cg_crosshairsize 23"
vstr tog_1 // Default

bind F9 "vstr tog" // Toggle Weapons

then if you remove redundant code it looks like so:

set "cg_crosshairrgb 0_1_1_1"
set tog_1 "set tog vstr tog_2; cg_drawcrosshair 4 ; cg_crosshairsize 10"
set tog_2 "set tog vstr tog_1; cg_drawcrosshair 8 ; cg_crosshairsize 23"
vstr tog_1 // Default

bind F9 "vstr tog" // Toggle Weapons

Now doesn't that give you just what your looking for...other than the x-hair changes are on one key vs two keys?

hex editor...I don't recall showing you any thing like:

000000b0h: 22 0D 0A 76 73 74 72 20 74 6F 67 5F 31 20 2F 2F ; "..vstr tog_1 //
000000c0h: 20 44 65 66 61 75 6C 74 0D 0A 0D 0A 62 69 6E 64 ;  Default....bind
000000d0h: 20 53 48 49 46 54 20 22 75 74 5F 77 65 61 70 74 ;  SHIFT "ut_weapt
000000e0h: 6F 67 67 6C 65 20 70 72 69 6D 61 72 79 20 73 65 ; oggle primary se
000000f0h: 63 6F 6E 64 61 72 79 22 0D 0A 62 69 6E 64 20 46 ; condary"..bind F
00000100h: 39 20 22 76 73 74 72 20 74 6F 67 22 20 2F 2F 20 ; 9 "vstr tog" // 
00000110h: 54 6F 67 67 6C 65 20 57 65 61 70 6F 6E 73       ; Toggle Weapons

You may have not asked for a puzzle but by damned thats what you gave every one else. As for your comment about "hackers" I can't make heads or tails of that ether.

Wil Badger -

Well I wish I had seen the prior thread first...then I would have known to stay clear of it. Heh so you where completely right in doing so. ;)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 Guest_sHrOOm

Posted 02 June 2004 - 07:25 AM

hahaha all I can say Nologic, we should go in ventrilo and have fun with dirty words in the chat room :)
god i love that program i was laughing for hours...

lets have fun in my area....

lets do some 3d modeling in 3dmax maping etc... with sum urt3 models..
then i can make fun of you:)

#27 Guest_sHrOOm

Posted 02 June 2004 - 07:32 AM

Posted Image

#28 User is offline   Nologic (old) Icon

Posted 02 June 2004 - 09:06 AM

Well in Max you probably whoop my ass...but I'm more of a Maya guy my self...but I do very little modeling...so even there not much to say or show...hehe but I know I can kick your ass at any thing Adobe. ;)

#29 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 02 June 2004 - 01:55 PM

Nologic, the scripts you made prolly make more sense to most people, but it's just not what he wanted =]

You script changes colors inmediatly when pressing F9, he wanted it only after pressing shift for some reason, wich he tried to explain to me, but I didnt understant =P

#30 Guest_sHrOOm

Posted 02 June 2004 - 07:20 PM

i wanted differ crosshairs at the touch of 1 button and be able to toggle between primary and secondary without it being interupted by he sidearm bind :)

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942