Urban Terror Forums: The Golden era! 2000-2002 (From a European perspective) - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Golden era! 2000-2002 (From a European perspective) Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Tidus Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: tidus

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:59 AM

Great job Chrille, and god do i miss a lot of the people in that list. <3 m|b

M3MPHIS nades should go back to old times mode, crouch on em, no damage :P Agreed about the spray.

Also:

http://web.archive.o....php?section=24

That should help filling the lineup of some of those teams Chrille :)
JaH is missing from your list as well, great people in that team with some nice skills :P

#12 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 19 June 2008 - 04:25 AM

golden era? all I remember from 2001 was americans going beserk about 9/11 wanting to attack anything that isn't american.

#13 User is offline   AKGRIZZLY (old) Icon

• LocationAlaska

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:26 AM

golden era? all I remember from 2001 was americans going beserk about 9/11 wanting to attack anything that isn't american.

Your next.

Posted Image

#15 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 19 June 2008 - 05:04 PM

most people find as golden the era they were immature enough to be impressed easily. however, it's never late, even at later ages there are ways to release your inner self and escape from the boundaries being put artificially by pretend seriousness.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Yas Icon

• Account: yas

Posted 19 June 2008 - 05:34 PM

i played a bit of 2.x and 'twas pretty good...
but at the moment i'm basking in the golden glow of 4.x
c'mon baby sniff in that sunshine... sniff it real hard for me. Although the forums aren't really that lively all the time, the servers are plenty lively.
play a couple rounds with some good players and get some of that blood pumping through those old veins and be reborn! i dont agree with the 'becoming a pro and shooting then moving on to other games' cos there's more than that. perfecting the movement in this game will always keep you coming back to do more death defying leaps.
by the way you referred to SID but the dev team is now Frozen Sands... also, why did you quote yourself with the long post without adding to it?

#17 User is offline   thYp Icon

• Account: thyp

Posted 19 June 2008 - 06:42 PM

one! thyp,brinkhoff (forgot the others help)
(Damn we had some good gamesand praccs vs them)

here comes the help & some informations:
one! was founded 2001 by its first and last lineup:
  • BuG (cataclysm)
  • dk (shuuk)
  • Dodger(AE)
  • Butcher aka gert(pod)
  • Jofish(onslaught)
  • Lmpi(jm!)
  • Maus(EFF-KULT)
  • Marcy(EFF-KULT)
  • NoCTurN(AE)
  • z0rn(eoe)
  • thYp(one!, later eVo)

our name was and is just "one!" aka justONE!clan
in our active time from 2001-2002 we played 53 matches, lost 8 and played no draw. We also won the kuh3liga 2001 season and placed 2nd at the GXP3 tournament  (was a very huge lan in germany).

btw. gr8 thread chrille! you're exactly saying, what I'm thinking! viva la golden age !

#18 User is offline   Tidus Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: tidus

Posted 19 June 2008 - 06:56 PM

I think Chrillee's pov is mainly on the competition side, not public servers, and there is a lot less activity nowadays on that side than there was back then, as surprising as that may be.

#19 User is offline   Sovdjuret Icon

• Account: sovdjuret

Posted 19 June 2008 - 06:57 PM

Chrille ..before u release this book .. can u get my name right then?  :wink: thx  :-)
i too was dreaming of the good old 2.0 days .. but i really like this version, ofcuz there is always things u like to be better, but in the big picture its really great. it would be nice to see more old school players get back in the game thou. but ive seen that puff** is up and running again .. nice  :-)

#20 User is offline   M3MPHIS (old) Icon

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:13 PM

bladekiller I have to disagree to what you are saying. 1500 is not bad but back in 2.x we had without doubt 5000-7000 players evenings. In addition, if you look at clanbase you can see the same statistics. Each Open Cup with less and less people, this season we only had 1 division when we had 3 before. Saying that urt is more popular now than ever is just pure BS. Sorry, but I'm a straight guy, fact is fact.

However, the game is much faster than before no doubt about that the introduction of powerslide and walljumping was a huge sucess. The aiming was better back in 2.3 2.5, even though it did excist hitbugs/netbugs. 2.x aim is not comparable to the spray in 4.x.

Again there is only one way to come around this and that is to decrease damage and decrease spray. Puff would gladly help out to test out and balance the weapons since in my opinion random players can't do this, obviously they don't have the aim to balance the weapon fairly. I reckon Urt could become huge there is no other mod that is so fast and with nice movement, aim etc. It can become a lot bigger with the right decisions.

I'm a great supporter of the community and of the game but you have made some really bad decisions over the years, changing maps that everyone liked instead of changing maps that ppl do not like so that they might like them etc etc.

Now I am sure I will get 99 replies from n00bs that played the game once and randomly call people wh and aimbotter on servers and make useless suggestions and statements.
M3M

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942