• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Urban Terror 4.2 Release Date Rate Topic: ***** 2 Votes

#41 User is offline   ItsMe Icon

• Account: itsme
  • Main tag: bc`

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:59 AM

All the changes sound pretty good to me - just lets see how they are implemented and if they will work well... (tbh, I have my doubts)

New game type called Last Man Standing.
Cool Stuff

New and updated maps.
We'll see if ppl accept new maps or play always just TP
To the updated maps -> Uptown anyone?

Updated matchmode + fixed a lot of bugs.
All the UZ/ CB/ FTW "Pro Players" will be happy about that updated matchmode
A few will miss the SR8 drop bug ;)

Updated hit detection.
Cool Stuff - but i can hear the players cry UNHIT MORE!!11!1ONEELVEN!!1 by now :p

Updated player model animations.
imho no need for - the animations are good as they are.
(Q: Did id ever an update of the model animations in Q3A/ QL? A: No)

Auth system included; Account registration required.
The authentication system is born dead - The admins of servers should just ask their players before how many of them _knew_ the site urbanterror.info, and how much of them have an account?

Enabling it, it will probably stop new players to join the game/ community. I have newbies playing on the server they even not know Teamspeak. And now they shall start register here an account first?
The result will be: Auth enabled -> empty server

And how the hell may an authentication system prevent cheaters from cheating? (where I think that this perpetuity fear about cheaters is stupid - keep an eye on the server, have a few good admins -> problem solved)
(Q: And what happens when Kalish bans me on SG1 for 2 weeks because he thinks I'm an Idiot - auth on -> I'm not be able to play on any server with auth on?
A (from me): pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff)

Here straight from the urbanterror.info Homepage:

Urban Terror can be described as a Hollywood tactical shooter; somewhat realism based, but the motto is "fun over realism". This results in a very unique, enjoyable and addictive game.

No registration required: Download, install, play!

Recognize the last sentence?

And don't tell me that ppl register for a steam/ origin/ $WHATEVER account too - Thats bla blub because you can't compare those accounts with one here and games that need such an account do have a much, much bigger player base than this few thousand ppl playing UrT.

UrTUpdater included; an auto-updater for the game.
Nice to have - when I'm be able to disable it

--
ItsMe

This post has been edited by ItsMe: 21 July 2012 - 12:01 PM

#42 User is offline   mufasa Icon

• Account: mufasa

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:27 PM

Excelent :)
Cant wait !!

#43 User is offline   Drizzt Icon

• Account: drizzt

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:41 PM

I think, only disturbing fakes and cheaters want a server with auth system disabled. It's the best solution against cheats (well de best solution it's auth system + anticheat). Anyway, if the players can choose filter beteewn auth enabled or disabled servers, there is no problem.

We will see if the servers with auth enabled it's empty.

I can't wait for play 4.2!! Nice work FS!! :happy:

This post has been edited by Drizzt: 21 July 2012 - 12:42 PM

#44 User is offline   Johndoe Icon

• Account: johndoe
  • Main tag: [FiD]

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:57 PM

Good job guys, thx alot for your effort!

#45 User is offline   H0i Icon

•   former FS member   
    Modeler
  • Account: h0i

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:34 PM

View PostItsMe, on 21 July 2012 - 11:59 AM, said:

Auth system included; Account registration required.
The authentication system is born dead - The admins of servers should just ask their players before how many of them _knew_ the site urbanterror.info, and how much of them have an account?

Enabling it, it will probably stop new players to join the game/ community. I have newbies playing on the server they even not know Teamspeak. And now they shall start register here an account first?
The result will be: Auth enabled -> empty server

There are, at this exact moment 44242 valid accounts registered on urbanterror.info, all ready for using the auth system.

Auth isn't forced on, a server admin can keep it disabled if the admin prefers. But the server will not gain the benefits. However, new players will still be able to play on those servers without creating an account. Where does one download urbanterror? On urbanterror.info. If you can download the game, you should be smart enough to register as well. Perhaps some people won't want to, and will try the game without it first. If they like it, they'll register. We'll just have to make it clear how registering is beneficial to the player, and make the process as easy as possible. So honestly, there isn't a real problem here.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#46 User is offline   n1n Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: n1n

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:00 PM

ppl do not like to register, its like giving some site owner a little part of ones privacy, you have to get yet another annoying password to remember and so on... whats understabdable.
consider maybe for (lazy people) logging via facebook :D ...dunno if that might be possible tho, on the other hand registering and auth should be difficult enought to discourage banned cheaters for creating another account. tough issue.

This post has been edited by n1n: 21 July 2012 - 02:01 PM

<sXe>

#47 User is offline   Garreth Icon

• Account: garreth
  • Main tag: -21-

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:01 PM

Will BigBrotherBot still work in 4.2? Because if logs changed significantly, then we might need to spend some time on repairing the bot...

#48 User is offline   Drizzt Icon

• Account: drizzt

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

View Postn1n, on 21 July 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

ppl do not like to register, its like giving some site owner a little part of ones privacy, you have to get yet another annoying password to remember and so on... whats understabdable.
consider maybe for (lazy people) logging via facebook :D ...dunno if that might be possible tho, on the other hand registering and auth should be difficult enought to discourage banned cheaters for creating another account. tough issue.

And facebook it's the king of privacity? :dry: ...

#49 User is offline   mrzleeping Icon

• Account: mrzleeping

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:41 PM

Great work there XD :smile: :laugh: :laugh:
I'm always Zleeping.

#50 User is offline   Dougy Icon

• Account: dougy

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:34 PM

View PostT3ebO, on 20 July 2012 - 10:43 PM, said:

Awesome news! Spreading it to all my friends asap Posted Image

@Dougy slap me if it's not Mac compatible, im 99% sure it is.

@Geordi Yes I think they sorted that jump animation quirk for 4.2, and if not, it's definately getting patched soon - yes, there's an auto-patcher now Posted Image

EDIT: Jump animation being fixed before release of 4.2 confirmed by several ppl at FS: Post permalink

Sorry T3ebO, i meant to say "PowerPC Mac Compatible", yes i'm still running on an old architecture i know ;)

• (20 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942