Urban Terror Forums: [Alpha-Preview] Hamunaptra - An alternative kind of map - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[Alpha-Preview] Hamunaptra - An alternative kind of map Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   DASPRiD (old) Icon

• LocationKarlsruhe, Germany

Posted 16 January 2005 - 04:41 AM

Hi guyz,

normally I would preview my maps on UrbanTerror.de, but there is no real activity for some months, so I decided to give you a preview of my actual map i'm working at.

So, how the topic say, it's not the normal type of map. That means: no urban, no jungle, no whatever. My youngest map is playing in the old egypt in a small part of the city of death, called Hamunaptra. The map contains various new textures, models and sounds.

The mapsize is optimised for 8 up to 20 players. I have still done 80% of the basework, that means the different ways, serveral rooms and big halls. I have also done some detailwork in some places to show to myself, how I will design the other parts of the map. Before the last compile I did some work on the perfomance, so I caulked all hidden faces and placed hint-brushes. After the fullvis-compile, the maximum r_speeds were not over 4000.

At the end, because pictures can you tell more than 1000 words, here are 3 screenshots of the map. Please keep in your mind, that these shots are alpha-shots. The lightning isn't done yet, and I will add more details later or do some greater changes.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Greez from Germany, DASPRiD

#2 Guest_=BAND=Squad Leader

Posted 16 January 2005 - 04:47 AM

Wow, that looks really cool! It's hard to tell from the screenshots, but the 2nd one definitely needs more detail. The third screen is awesome. Stylish looking map, I can't wait to play it.

#3 User is offline   illogical Icon

•   verified user   
    Retired Master Server Administrator
  • Account: illogical
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 16 January 2005 - 04:51 AM

Wow. Looks great!

#4 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 16 January 2005 - 06:38 AM

looks great because it seems - at least from what I see - it is 'maze'y enough to prevent sniper camping and if someone feels 'clostrofobic' in it, can actually get out in the open. also the corridors seem wide enough to prevent nade spamming.

nice work.

#5 Guest_Wolfseye

Posted 16 January 2005 - 11:34 AM

Nice work DASPRID :) ...

Tell me when you need anything for testing...

Wolfseye :wink:

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Dufkni3n Icon

• Account: dufkni3n

Posted 16 January 2005 - 10:52 PM

yea this looks really cool :lol: I like the egypt theme very much!

#7 User is offline   Hybridesque (old) Icon

• LocationBradford, UK

Posted 16 January 2005 - 11:58 PM

Decidedly cool look, awesome performance if it is as you claim where even a GF2MX400 could probably run this map at 1280x1024 at full tilt with smoke nades all over the place. I think it's a tad dark, but you say you're going to rework the lighting. I look forward to seeing more of this map.

#8 User is offline   DASPRiD (old) Icon

• LocationKarlsruhe, Germany

Posted 23 January 2005 - 03:30 PM

Alright guys, after some tests with the lightning, adding new details and finishing the basework, I can proudly present you 4 new screenshots. The lightning is still not done, so don't criticize this yet :)

This time, I will show you full sized screenshots, so click them to enlarge (nah, not your penis, the screenshots! ;))

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

greez, DASPRiD

#9 User is offline   Hybridesque (old) Icon

• LocationBradford, UK

Posted 23 January 2005 - 05:03 PM

Now that I can see more, it's looking even more impressive.

#10 Guest_anubis.Gun]{

Posted 31 January 2005 - 12:03 PM

Haha u created a map for me (anubis) . I love it :D

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942