• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Get Legit Bro! Rate Topic: ***** 13 Votes

#171 User is offline   Fab Icon

• Account: fab

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:05 PM

View PostFather Goose, on 19 August 2013 - 05:41 PM, said:

There's some misunderstandings by a few of people complaining in this thread, including some of the detected cheaters.

1. The theft of FrozenSand was recent in the last week from what I understand. As has been stated many times, the list of confirmed cheaters was garnered from the anti-cheat over a long period of time prior to the theft. As well as the source code that was stolen and then other info like forum accounts and passwords being stored in separate places, for good reason. So, attempting to argue that the theft somehow retroactively compromised the accuracy of the gathered data is chronologically ignorant and logically flawed.

2. Actual gameplay-affecting cheating is not necessary for anti-cheat to work. That's what is great about anti-cheat. Simply having cheats installed in some way will get someone banned. Demos are not necessary. It's not necessarily semantically straightforward then when someone claims "I have never cheated."

Why not. But how is it that a person who has never cheated, or/and never instaled a cheat, sees his name on this list?

It's legitimate for this person to ask about this detection system. IMHO.

If in the next list i see my name...honestly, i find it hilarious at the time. But then, I will leave this game because it lacks seriously in the search for cheats

This post has been edited by Fab: 19 August 2013 - 06:11 PM

#172 User is offline   Pat59 Icon

• Account: pat59

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:13 PM

View PostAnalbag, on 19 August 2013 - 05:43 PM, said:

As long as FS can make sure that not 1 innocent player is banned im ok with the AC system.
hell, if thats the case im ok with FS making this thread a "public Execution"
and i will applaude to frozen sand for every head that rolls

but if the AC really doesnt work 100% accurately and innocents may be banned w/o a chance to explain themselves, i would say that FS should take another look at the AC and check if everyone in charge is guilty

Agree with that and What father wrote.

That's the reason of my post, i must be 100% sure, not 99,9. That's why IP, date, and where could confirm, or not, than the ban have to be done.
I'dont want to know how system work, i want evidences. Show me that i'm wrong and you're right and i will follow you.

vrederust, hope you or one of your friends wont be in the next list. I will see if all is always obvious for you.

#173 User is offline   H0i Icon

•   former FS member   
    Modeler
  • Account: h0i

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:15 PM

View PostMarkinho, on 19 August 2013 - 05:08 PM, said:

Is it possible to be banned due to a downloaded cfg containing cheat cvars?

No. We detect the cvars, but you do not get banned if you only have cvars, but don't use cheats.

View PostFab, on 19 August 2013 - 06:05 PM, said:

Why not. But how is it that a person who has never cheated, or/and never instaled a cheat, sees his name on this list?It's legitimate for this person to ask about this detection system. IMHO.If in the next list i see my name...honestly, i find it hilarious at the time. But then, I will leave this game because it lacks seriously in the search for cheats

Maybe this person's dog installed the cheats and played with them? Maybe his friends are in denial about the truth?

#174 User is offline   kenchu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: kenchu
  • Main tag: NED|

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:17 PM

I fear no AC as I have never installed cheatss trololololol.

If one of my friends would be on the next list, I would totally trolll him or her :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by vrederust: 19 August 2013 - 06:19 PM

#175 User is offline   Analbag Icon

• Account: analbag

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:17 PM

View Postvrederust, on 19 August 2013 - 05:51 PM, said:

I like your name analbag

thx

View PostFab, on 19 August 2013 - 06:05 PM, said:

Why not. But how is it that a person who has never cheated, or/and instaled a cheat, sees his name on this list?

It's legitimate for this person to ask about this detection system. IMHO.

If in the next list i see my name...honestly, i find it hilarious at the time. But then, I will leave this game because it lacks seriously in the search for cheats

well we can at least say that if a person is on this list, something is/was wrong with this persons client.
given the low number of players on the list i guess that list is a list FS probably double checked and made sure that people that never had cheats on their pcs would be accused.

but yeah i would also like to have a explanation how that anticheat system works because i can only guess what the numbers in the quote explaining this system really mean

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#176 User is offline   urbana Icon

• Account: urbana

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:23 PM

View Posthavok, on 19 August 2013 - 01:10 AM, said:

There are no demos - this list was created from people using hacks within the game. No demos needed and 100% certain that everyone on this list used a cheat while being on a server.

100% certain?? omg you are wrong, really big mistake in your process for detect cheats

#177 User is offline   Pilou42 Icon

• Account: pilou42

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:25 PM

View Postvrederust, on 19 August 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

I fear no AC as I have never installed cheatss trololololol.

You definitively don't get it.

People wants proofs there are no errors. If there were, you might be in this list or the next one, and all players you defeated in the past would be here to say "of course Vrederust cheats, he always has", and you could not even claim you don't...

We're all happy some known players have been caught, but since you don't have all proofs, be careful with your statements.

#178 User is offline   Lochverstaerker Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:28 PM

View Postvrederust, on 19 August 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

who cheated - obvious
on which server - doesnt matter
from which host - doesnt matter
when he cheated- cheat is cheat time doesnt matter
which types of cheats he used- lol
for how long he used the cheats (every cheat, not cumulative)- see the above
if he cheated in his last game session - really
frequency of hacks usage - once is enough

While i agree that such information doesn't really matter (I have no reason to believe FS' AC works not as promised), I also agree with this post.
Adding these bits of knowledge would add immensely to the credibility of FS.

Saying "You cheated on XX on server YY for a duration of ZZ with cheat XY and your host was YZ" just weighs a lot more than "You cheated" in my opinion.

#179 User is offline   Fab Icon

• Account: fab

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:31 PM

View PostH0i, on 19 August 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

Maybe this person's dog installed the cheats and played with them? Maybe his friends are in denial about the truth?

In denial? When you know very well a person in this list, like me, you doubt functioning of the system.

Once again, if i see my name in the next list, I guess I'm in denial?!

Seriously, FS reconsider this list or the methods used. IMHO.

#180 User is offline   Lulu Icon

• Account: lulu
  • Main tag:

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:43 PM

View PostFab, on 19 August 2013 - 06:31 PM, said:

In denial? When you know very well a person in this list, like me, you doubt functioning of the system.

Once again, if i see my name in the next list, I guess I'm in denial?!

Seriously, FS reconsider this list or the methods used. IMHO.

FeeFee a cheater ? What did you smoke ? lol FeeFee is a friend behind 3 years and I can affirm she never cheat :)

There is perhaps some cheaters in your list but good players too ....

This post has been edited by Lulu: 19 August 2013 - 06:45 PM

• (55 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942