• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

List of good Suggestions Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#111 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: kronik

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:37 PM

View PostMr.Yeah, on 03 March 2015 - 11:17 PM, said:

Could we have FenixXx's rconusers file feature in the next release? Or something automated through the website.
I find adding auth logins to an admin list much easier and safer than having to share a password (and also issuing rcon commands without having to type/know a password is just so cool Posted Image)

I know he coded (and later fixed) this a while ago but I have no idea if it has been proposed for the official build yet (didn't find anything in the official support/readme section so I suppose it has not been implemented).

F1!

#112 User is offline   redneck ita Icon

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:46 AM

Hi all, don't know if this was already suggested: live full bodies preview of player models selection (currently we only see heads while selecting) and in the same menu the possibility to select gear and funstuff before entering a server, so we can choose a loadout "hurry-free", having a quick glance of the weapon selected (is this gun good with my pants? LOL) and the general appearance of our players :D

Cheers,
Red

#113 User is offline   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 16 March 2015 - 06:00 PM

UrT 4.3 announcement said:

[..]
Here is a non exhaustive list of our other plans for Urban Terror 4.3:
• a new gear selection menu with real time visualization of the player and its gears
[..]

like this? :)
Though i like the idea of a in menu (not ingame) gear selection menu.

This post has been edited by Iye: 16 March 2015 - 06:03 PM

Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#114 User is offline   redneck ita Icon

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:15 AM

View PostIye, on 16 March 2015 - 06:00 PM, said:

like this? :)
Though i like the idea of a in menu (not ingame) gear selection menu.

D'oh! And i have even read the first post, great miss :D

Thanks for the info Iye, gg!
Red

#115 User is offline   Baboudu70 Icon

• Account: baboudu70
  • Main tag:

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:36 AM

nvm

This post has been edited by Baboudu70: 19 March 2015 - 12:07 AM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#116 User is offline   redneck ita Icon

Posted 17 March 2015 - 04:57 PM

Why not add a whip alongside katana? Slightly better range but low rate of fire (like sr8) and same damage, would be pretty fun in my hopinion :D

#117 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 18 March 2015 - 10:08 PM

Frankie promised me a board-with-a-nail-in-it to fight off aliens

#118 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:13 AM

View PostBaboudu70, on 17 March 2015 - 12:36 AM, said:

nvm

nvm.

This post has been edited by Biddle: 19 March 2015 - 12:13 AM
Reason for edit: well then nvm my answer ^^

#119 User is offline   Ikslorin Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: ikslorin

Posted 30 April 2015 - 02:09 PM

The following is a continuation on my post about the Spectator UI. These were the things I felt was lacking or see a potential use of after shoutcasting 5 matches unofficially.

A few of the following things are most likely impossible in idtech3, but I've written them anyway, in the hopes the coders can do wonders. :>

I don't believe it's necessary to say the following, but before anyone missunderstands me: These should only be possible to be used when spectating a game on a server allowing it.

I've also marked the most important things with a *.

General
  • *Making the spectator UI just a bit larger compared to the players UI, so it's easier to read when sitting back and having it on a smaller screen.*
    • Somewhere between 150% to 200% of the current size.

• *A way to deactivate the "X had Y% HP left", so that the killlog only has players killed.*
  • The info from cg_SpectatorShoutcaster over the head of the players also when in the first person view of a player.

Minimap:
  • *When spectating a player in first person, you can see opponent players on the minimap.*
    • This should obviously be a server-option, as it is not wanted on pubs. Also subbed players should be excluded from this information.

• *As a continuation of the previous point, the force-armband color can also be activated client-side and not only server-side.*
    • This way the minimap get's much easier to read, except for the fact you cannot tell the players apart on the map (though I personally don't use the armband colors).

Persistent Notifications
I'm not sure if this is something good, but I'll just write it down.
Right now you get a 1 sec long notification and then maybe a very small change in the UI (team name blinking, when their flag is taken for example). Maybe adding a smaller, but still noticable persistent notification could be beneficial?

This would include, but not be limited to:
  • Flag seized
  • Bomb planted/lost
  • Time out called

Camera Hotkeys/POV control
I've only shoutcasted from demos, so I have not cameraman experience, so ask others if this is useful.
Being able to bind 10 keys to each player, so that you don't have to cycle through all ten. These binds would have to be universal and not rebound for every new match.

From CS:GO
I know a few here hate on CS, but they have some ideas that make watching a match much easier and more enjoyable.
  • I've seen the use of a x-ray vision to show opponents positions in relation to the viewed player (also through walls), and it is a surprisingly useful feature.
  • Having lasting grenade trails, that can be seen through walls just like the x-rayed players.
  • Having you following a thrown grenade, when the watched player throws one.

EDIT: Rephrased parts of this post, as they seemed to be poorly written.

There's also a few other issues from a viewers perspective, but those are not due to any lacking features, but more the format, so they shouldn't be written here.

This post has been edited by Ikslorin: 02 June 2015 - 07:53 PM

YouTube: youtube.com/ikslorin -|- Tweet, tweet: @ikslorin
Email: ikslorin[at]gmail[dot]com -|- Twitch: twitch.tv/ikslorin

• (17 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942