• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Where do people play? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   drexz Icon

• Account: drexz

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:51 AM

Hello people!

It has been a while since I have played urban terror but I heard it calling me back into it. A couple days ago I downloaded urt but I can not find anyone who isnt playing well populated ctf servers. Is this all that people play anymore? Or is everyone playing 4.1.something? I am playing the latest version of 4.2. If there are more people playing 4.1 can someone send me a link so I may download it and tell me some good servers to join? I see that no one is really on pugbot anymore either. Unless I get on at the wrong time.

Thank you and good day!

-Dxz

#2 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: kronik

Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:02 AM

No, its just really dead around here now. CTF, Jump, and sr8 only are about the only servers anyone plays anymore.

#3 User is offline   drexz Icon

Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:33 PM

Well that's no fun :(

#4 User is offline   Extra1 Icon

• Account: extra1

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:06 PM

Thats totally not true!

Get latest version 4.23 Come join our TDM server its one of the hottest servers right now (europe) /connect 217.26.96.248:27963

Have fun see you there.

This post has been edited by Extra1: 27 May 2015 - 01:27 AM

#5 User is offline   drexz Icon

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:44 PM

sweet! ill join some time :D

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Extra1 Icon

Posted 27 May 2015 - 01:28 AM

k cool if you want join the clan www.kutclan.com or become admin on server just introduce yourself.

Anyone is free to join if we agree on your behaviour / activity.

#7 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:30 PM

There are 31 servers right now with 3+ people playing on them, you can check them out on the website.

This post has been edited by Biddle: 27 May 2015 - 04:31 PM

#8 User is offline   drexz Icon

Posted 27 May 2015 - 09:06 PM

most of these servers with 3+ "people" I have noticed to be bots in order to get people to join the server.

#9 User is offline   Extra1 Icon

Posted 27 May 2015 - 10:42 PM

Thats true the day's when bots where not needed are long gone, there are few servers without bots there is a top 20/35 with servers that do not use bots.
Options are going to be limited.

I suggest find a server you like and join there.
Check out 4.1 version perhaps some servers there you like.

Mean while wait for version 4.3 and hd ;)
If you are able start your own clan needed are website and a server you can run in your home provided you have a decent internet connection and hardware.

#10 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:29 AM

View PostExtra1, on 27 May 2015 - 10:42 PM, said:

Thats true the day's when bots where not needed are long gone, there are few servers without bots there is a top 20/35 with servers that do not use bots.
Options are going to be limited.

Bots are always going to be a necessity of this game, as much as people would like to believe otherwise. Most servers I have seen out there running bots fit into two groups.
Either there is more than a few bots and the server owner is targetting those players that like to player humans vs bots in an uneven match where there is 15+ bots vs 1-5 humans. This was actually a very popular game "mode" back in the 4.0 days and was how I originally started server hosting for UrT.

Otherwise there are only a few bots on the server (2-4) and the server owner is using them to attract players onto the server and keep them entertain whilst they patiently wait for other real humans to join in order to start a proper game. Usually by the time the humans out number the bots the server owner has set the next map to continue without bots and there by kick starting a server with multiple human players.

Unfortunately there are those in the community that disagree with this method (usually other server owners) and complain about it so much so that not much time over the years has been invested in bots, leaving the buggy and broken. 4.2 Change that as they have been improved thanks to frozen sands team.

The other problem server owners face nowadays is that the general attitude of players in today's generation are lazy. its much easier for them to go play on another game whilst they wait for their favourite server to fill up. Gone are the days where players loyal to their favourite server would sit and wait for others to join, hence the necessity for bots (they'll wait all year round).

I suggest find a server you like and join there.
Check out 4.1 version perhaps some servers there you like.

Suggesting people go backwards is not going to help the game move forwards...

Mean while wait for version 4.3 and hd ;)
If you are able start your own clan needed are website and a server you can run in your home provided you have a decent internet connection and hardware.

4.3 is not going to bring in a sudden rush of massive numbers of new players. Urban Terror has a well known history of dilution between versions which has separated the community up into smaller numbers. The peoples answer to this is to have a platform like steam which would keep everyone upto date and on the same version. However steam will not be available to the Quake based version of this game.

This game has also been plagued with poorly set up servers for years. The game itself is rather old and dated now and can generally is affected by new hardware and internet connections quite easily, suggestion people make the issue worse by starting up their own server from home is a bad idea. There are far too many people out there that think because they have 100mbit broadband they can easily host a server that will match a dedicated solution. Not to mention the numerous other problems they'll face nowadays too with NAT / ISP Usage limitations / ISP Peak Time Throttling / Auth Server / PC hardware etc.
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942