• Main tag:

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:31 AM

View Postlebbra, on 05 October 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

4.1. has its own bugs:
firing trought the trees in austria
firing trought the wall in turnpike office
sr8 bug
captain bug in match mode
big hit detection problems (mostly solved in 4.2)
and so on...

but nobody say that 4.1 is not competitive...

I guess that 4.2 is in any case better than 4.1 even for competition

I can add to this that 4.2 is cleaner than 4.1 (if you see what I mean).

Tizz -> The hit bugs that someone showed are very very very specifics. Don't tell me that it happened a lot of times that you shooted exactly as the video showed. Knees or not, the most important thing is to hit wherever it takes the hits.
4.2(.002) is good enough for the competitive play since it has the Auth system. A competitive scene doesn't care about these facts. It should care about the identity of the players. The rest is left to the player's adaptation.

#52 User is offline   LtStriker Icon

• Account: ltstriker

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:46 AM

View PostRaideR, on 04 October 2012 - 10:22 AM, said:

Steady... please.

I realise it took longer than antisipated for 002 (but thats only while we worked out some workflow stuff out amongst our team now we are bigger). The UrTUpdater exists so that we can have short release cycles if we need too.

So rather than bitch and say "back to 4.1" and make the dev team all feel utterly miserable, how about report the bugs like you are and let us fix them.

That crouch bug is really annoying, and it looks like a back of the knee malformed. Thats a good set of proof in the video, but a demo also would have been great as we can debug with the gamedata demos :)

Note: remember my warning to everyone about "if you can't be nice, or its not in the dev teams interest to have you around you will be gone / banned or muted" ? That applies here, so watch yourself s please.

Hey

Sad to say that our server crashed tonight, the same way it crashed before this latest update. Most people left.

Thought the server crash was beat.
Anywhere I can gather logs that might help you with this?
:(

|30+|LtStriker

#53 User is offline   Tizz Icon

• Account: tizz
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:38 AM

View Postn0un0urs, on 06 October 2012 - 02:31 AM, said:

Tizz -> The hit bugs that someone showed are very very very specifics. Don't tell me that it happened a lot of times that you shooted exactly as the video showed. Knees or not, the most important thing is to hit wherever it takes the hits.
4.2(.002) is good enough for the competitive play since it has the Auth system. A competitive scene doesn't care about these facts. It should care about the identity of the players. The rest is left to the player's adaptation.

Well, I haven't been so much active recently, so I can't tell whether or not it's really problematical, but after talking to my mates, it looks like it's enough to make players stick to the 4.1.1 version, even with the auth system. For the competitive scene, hits reliability is much more important than pheripheral features such as auth system.

#54 User is offline   cyrus Icon

• Account: cyrus
  • Main tag: [PCC]

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

Thanks, Dev Team! No sweat here on Ubuntu 11.10 x64. Updated the game files with no errors. This update fixed my auth problems.
Also, (not sure if this was a problem server-side or client-side) this update fixed a problem I was having seeing scores/stats/player list while connected to a server I help run. After both the server and the client were updated, that problem went away.
4.2.001 has been totally playable. Some interface issues were my biggest problems (viewing scores/stats in-game, for instance) but easily ignored - just kept telling myself that I did not need to know the score to have a good time. Even better now that it is back.
So, from my perspective, great job! The update is a solid improvement over 4.2.001 for both servers and clients. I know there is still work to do, but you guys are knocking it out. Well Done!
Disorder... Chaos... Anarchy... Now THAT's fun!

#55 User is offline   origin Icon

• Account: origin
  • Main tag: ppr.

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:12 PM

Yo guys.

Just found

Yo guys.

Just found a new bug on urt 4.2002.

When someones DC, on uniy server for exemple, he stays immobile (normal xd) but he's crouched.... and we cant boot him , but we can shoot at him (me and the opponent).

Nvm, maybe that was exceptional, but that was annoying.

cya
DO WHAT YOU WANT CAUSE A PIRATE IS FREE,
YOU ARE A PIRATE.
Horny Kitty.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#56 User is offline   Pilou42 Icon

• Account: pilou42

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:51 PM

After having played 4.2.2 some hours, it's a success for me, I just miss more players for CTF.

Here is the (short) bugs list (or feature requests) I've encountered that was not present when I was playing 4.1 version.

1) colored pseudos: it's impossible to distinct dead people, plus on some TS servers, even dead people still appeared in white (i.e. alive). I'd prefer like before(the medic highlight is nice though).

2) When I do Alt + Tab, and then I come back to game, the Windows 7 taskbar stays on top of fullscreen Urt (maybe it was already there in 4.1 but not in Mitsu builds).

3) I know I ramble, but the lack of Mouse4 and Mouse5 support forces me to do a weird script with Autohotkey. In Mitsu builds, there were support for mouse4 and mouse5 (I guess it was limited to Windows Vista++).

This post has been edited by Pilou42: 06 October 2012 - 06:51 PM

#57 User is offline   azzs Icon

• Account: azzs

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:28 PM

Hi

I noticed that right arm has now 2nd highest priority (after head). So now, no matter where you shoot it will register as right arm if its inline with bullet.

#58 User is offline   FrankY Icon

• Account: franky

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

You do it really fast, Frozen Sand, GOOD JOB!
We can't pretend that all works to the perfections, I really appreciate your efforts!
So go on!

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942