• Account: sneaks
  • Main tag: =-KMA-=

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:59 AM

Hey, I'm planning to make a return to Urban Terror and mapping. See yous soon

#112 User is offline   Delirium Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: delirium

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:35 AM

It's really good to see a lot of quality work being produced, keep killing it guys!

#113 User is offline   zietsh Icon

• Account: zietsh
  • Main tag: [dswp]

Posted 05 June 2015 - 07:01 PM

will we be able to just set flags/attributes that will make materials shatter/breakable, icy etc. or will we have to make our own animations on certain events?

I am wondering if i could/should start a map and then I can set flags/attributes later to certain objects/materials because we will get standardised things...

I dont know how it works/ will work.

Or should we all go ahead make our own models with animations?

And make physics manipulations for icy as an example if we want our icy to be some other color or something like that?

PS: Been playing around with the editor for a while now. Just nothing with animations or physics done yet... and I don't want to make anything unnecessary :P

#115 User is offline   zietsh Icon

• Account: zietsh
  • Main tag: [dswp]

Posted 06 June 2015 - 02:44 PM

Well, after playing around with destruction and damage a bit here is my opinion how this would be easy for mappers:

I don't know if this is bad or good for game design but here goes.
You seem to be able to generate/create the damage on each side (the object that hits or the object that got hit). And what seems to me to be the best solution is to make the bullets/guns deal a certain amount of damage and let the mappers just set the amount of damage to be taken until an object is destroyed (instead of the object damaging itself if it gets hit by a certain object/actor whatever).

Another idea came to mind while playing around.
Doors could be shot open by spas. Example: door is locked/ cant be opened by the red team, you then can shoot open the lock and door opens as if you opened it the normal way. Just a simple animation which removes the lock and makes it look shattered.. would not even need an animation other than a little bit smoke and boom lock is broken and door opens like magic. Would be fun for bomb mode where red kind of infiltrates a bomb site. Or TDM/CTF for a more dynamic playing-field.
I guess this could be done some how with trigger collisions. I am not sure how this would be done - just an idea at the moment. (I have not the slightest clue how this could be done. The "animation" part yes but not that it gets triggered when shot by a certain weapon)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#116 User is offline   tintir Icon

• Account: tintir
  • Main tag: MsT*|

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:46 PM

So I haven't really done much update here, but I decided it was time to tell you guys what I've been working on.

I'm still working on moving more models over to UE4, so they can be useful for me.
This time I went on importing some barrels:
Posted Image
Posted Image

I also went on making the box from my map, to a model, so that I can easily move it around etc.
Posted Image
I think I'll continue using this crate, as I like it alot. Gonna be very useful for map balance.
I found another crate, which I might use sometime:
Posted Image
Posted Image

I tested out the rest of the lights, and will be using it later on my map. I think they look good!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I wanted to import a market too, so it wouldn't be boxes all over the place. I had an empty place at the back, which I wanted to fill out, and I found it perfect for that corner.
Preview on model:
Posted Image
In my map:
Posted Image
Posted Image
A little more work, and it should be done.

On the other corner I decided to add a few trees. My future plans are making it like on the hill. You should be able to hide in the shadows, and sneak up on the houses.
Posted Image
And I added some trees just for details near the left house.
Posted Image

If you didn't notice, then I scaled the texture of the landscape, as it was just a green landscape before. With some testing, and shader compiling..., then I think I found my values. I think it looks alot better, and with grass it'll defently look way better.
Waiting for 4.8, as the light building is causing problems...
Posted Image

The hill and the bottom part is almost done. Soon I'll be moving to the top of the hill and work my way back. Else I'll be looking into making the houses alot more detailed instead of being boxes with holes, and a roof on. Else I might be wandering over to other projects, and make progress there too.

Snippets of old stuff made:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#117 User is offline   Ntr Icon

• Account: ntr

Posted 07 June 2015 - 07:43 AM

Why are the barrels so low poly, what's that an 18 sided cylinder?
Make it more rounded, remember this not idtech 3, polygon count wont affect the framerate thta much.
Post processing and anti aliasing are a much bigger performance hit than poly count or resolution of textures.

#119 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: kronik

Posted 08 June 2015 - 05:41 PM

Looking at this image:

Posted Image

Might I suggest importing that into blender and using the fabric simulator to make the fabrics look more realistic? The fabric simulator is quite easy to use and you could easily choose a specific point in th animation to use as the position of the model. This would provide a much more realistic looking market environment.

• (17 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942