• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Urban Terror 4.3 Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#251 User is offline   killspree Icon

• Account: killspree
  • Main tag: ds`

Posted 05 April 2016 - 01:02 AM

Perhaps keep the groin dmg the same but make the hit mesh smaller so only include the actual groin area, have separate but dmg on the backside.

If the groin hitbox is smaller than the helmet hit area (lot smaller) the extra dmg is more fair when someone actually aims for it instead of being coincidental also less bleed out.

Have also noticed you will still get a helmet hit when you aim for the face area perhaps it's done to make it more useful to actually wear a helmet but to me it makes more sense if at least the helmet hitsound is removed from the face area but I can imagine this means splitting up the hitbox for face/helmet.

This post has been edited by killspree: 05 April 2016 - 01:02 AM

#252 User is offline   Solitary Icon

•   former FS member   
    Programmer
  • Account: solitary
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 05 April 2016 - 04:07 AM

View PostBladeKiller, on 04 April 2016 - 06:52 PM, said:

Shall we put the groin/butt damage back to what it was in 4.1? It was part of the torso or vest in 4.1 so it had the same damage. In 4.2 this area was included with the legs. When this was brought to our attention we decided to create the new hit zones instead of just making the area torso/vest.

I think the 4.1 damage on all weapons was perfect. I'm not sure why the damage in 4.2 was changed.

One issue I've noticed is that the new weapons, the Colt and Glock for example, are not really balanced in terms of the existing guns (DE and Beretta). The Colt has more recoil than the DE, yet does less damage. A similar point can be made for the Glock. And the MAC isn't even a viable weapon to use in-game. I'd like to see guns introduced to the game for a reason.

The four primary automatics (LR, M4, G36, and AK) are perfectly balanced at the moment, and each has trade offs and benefits. It adds complexity in terms of team composition when choosing weapons. If new primaries are introduced, they need to fit within the game and force players to weigh the trade offs. Introducing weapons which are significantly worse in terms of balance (Colt, MAC, etc.) has no purpose.

I think the current state of 4.2 is much better than the early release. I'm glad you guys are making releases when they are "ready", and not setting release dates forcing you to release something that isn't ready. Great work.

This post has been edited by Solitary: 05 April 2016 - 04:12 AM

#253 User is offline   Azle Icon

• Account: azle
  • Main tag: .aCe.

Posted 05 April 2016 - 04:36 PM

View PostBladeKiller, on 04 April 2016 - 06:52 PM, said:

Shall we put the groin/butt damage back to what it was in 4.1? It was part of the torso or vest in 4.1 so it had the same damage. In 4.2 this area was included with the legs. When this was brought to our attention we decided to create the new hit zones instead of just making the area torso/vest.

You could maybe put it back to the same damage as in 4.1 but allow bleeding even when the player is wearing a kevlar.

EDIT: I agree with solitary overall.

This post has been edited by Azle: 08 April 2016 - 12:08 AM

Azle
Visit http://urtimes.info for Urban Terror News !

#254 User is offline   dwn Icon

• Account: dwn

Posted 05 April 2016 - 04:36 PM

2 years for know the problem of groin , nice improvement gg
2 years for know the ak spray groins is op as *@!#
you are in the right way or not $$

#255 User is offline   OMG-I-Tkd-Kenny Icon

• Account: omgitkdkenny

Posted 06 April 2016 - 10:54 AM

I'm just happy that this game is still alive and getting updates. Let me play for a couple of weeks and then I'll be back bitchin that my spud gun only fires farts ;-)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#257 User is offline   Fenix Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: fenix

Posted 08 April 2016 - 11:19 AM

From my personal perspective all the initial problems discovered in 4.2 codebase was due to the fact that the gamecode has been worked on by too many different programmers without any sort of coding guidelines and no general roadmap to follow. At the time that I left the development team I remember the gamecode being full of patches here and there, most of which I did myself so I'm kinda blaming me also. What would be the correct way to go imho would be to completely rewrite the gamecode but that's not something you can do with 1/2 active programmers, which is the reason why the game would benefit from being open source at this point. Since with the, hopefully future/near, release of HD you are basically killing the 4.x branch I don't see any drawback in making the source code available to the open source community to gain benefits from contributions. Speaking clearly, we aren't talking about revealing classified stuff here, it's still a > 10 years old videogame we are talking about, and probably no one will give a damn about it, but it could be worth trying.

This post has been edited by Fenix: 08 April 2016 - 11:20 AM

#258 User is offline   pedrxd Icon

• Account: pedrxd
  • Main tag: |EsP|

Posted 08 April 2016 - 03:44 PM

View PostFenix, on 08 April 2016 - 11:19 AM, said:

From my personal perspective all the initial problems discovered in 4.2 codebase was due to the fact that the gamecode has been worked on by too many different programmers without any sort of coding guidelines and no general roadmap to follow. At the time that I left the development team I remember the gamecode being full of patches here and there, most of which I did myself so I'm kinda blaming me also. What would be the correct way to go imho would be to completely rewrite the gamecode but that's not something you can do with 1/2 active programmers, which is the reason why the game would benefit from being open source at this point. Since with the, hopefully future/near, release of HD you are basically killing the 4.x branch I don't see any drawback in making the source code available to the open source community to gain benefits from contributions. Speaking clearly, we aren't talking about revealing classified stuff here, it's still a > 10 years old videogame we are talking about, and probably no one will give a damn about it, but it could be worth trying.

When UrTHd release i would appreciate that the gamecode will be released, for get help from the community or if someone want stay on quake.

This post has been edited by pedrxd: 08 April 2016 - 03:45 PM

• (30 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942