• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Suggestions for 4.2 Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   Juno Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: juno
  • Main tag: ~SG~

Posted 01 January 2008 - 10:14 PM

It would be nice to fix dropping flag bug/feature. :-)
If flag didnt fall or just fallen and player want grab/return cannot do that.

#42 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 01 January 2008 - 10:18 PM

I don't think a tutorial should contain each and every setting one can do. There's a menu for it, lol :)

The tutorial would be 60 minutes long, boring as hell and people wouldn't remember anything from it :D

#43 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 01 January 2008 - 10:42 PM

sorta like a manual, faq and other assorted helpful items...

#44 User is offline   Doctor_X (old) Icon

Posted 02 January 2008 - 03:03 AM

Minor tweaks to an otherwise awesome game:

When picking up grenades and use ut_weaptoggle grenade, you don't know whether smoke grenades or HEs will come out first. That means you have to look down at the weapon selector to find out. That is a bit annoying but would be easy to fix. Just create these commands:ut_weaptoggle HE and ut_weaptoggle smoke.

When someone dies he might drop some grenades. The problem is you cannot see if they're about to blow or not - i.e. whether you can pick them up. So to be safe you have to wait 3 seconds before walking over his body - a delay that slows down the game unnecessarily. A visual distinction between "hot" grenades and grenades that can be picked up would be sweet.

Once in a while some jerk joins and starts killing his teammate. After 3 TKs he is kicked and then rejoins immediately. This takes no time due to the /reconnect command and fast load times in UrT. Next thing you know you're getting killed by him again. Is it possible to make a 10 min temp ban on his IP when he gets kicked for TKing? And the same question goes for when you vote kick someone - 10 min temp ban? Even 5 minutes er perhaps just 2 would be enough in both cases.

#45 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 02 January 2008 - 04:59 AM

When picking up grenades and use ut_weaptoggle grenade, you don't know whether smoke grenades or HEs will come out first. That means you have to look down at the weapon selector to find out. That is a bit annoying but would be easy to fix. Just create these commands:ut_weaptoggle HE and ut_weaptoggle smoke.

I think that would be great. If people still wants to cycle through grenades, they can write a script to do that.

When someone dies he might drop some grenades. The problem is you cannot see if they're about to blow or not - i.e. whether you can pick them up. So to be safe you have to wait 3 seconds before walking over his body - a delay that slows down the game unnecessarily. A visual distinction between "hot" grenades and grenades that can be picked up would be sweet.

There is an audio clue tho. You can hear the sound of a grenade dropping on the ground. But yeah a visual hint would be nice too.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#46 User is offline   DJ Schuby Icon

• Account: djschuby

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:20 AM

Here's a bug that could be fixed for 4.2. I'm pretty sure this has probably come up already but I haven't been able to find it so I'll go ahead and post it.

Say you are using the g36 and you press n to set it to automatic fire. After a few rounds you decide to switch to another gun. While you are using this new gun, you die and you spec someone on your team who is using the g36. He has his g36 set to semi auto. You see that he's kicking some ass with it so you decide to switch back to your g36. You switch back and instead of being on fully auto like you like it to be, it's on semi auto because you speced someone who was using it on semi auto.

This happens to me all the time and I always run out into battle and can;t figure out why my gun isn't shooting. Then I realize that the weapon mode changed for some reason. Anyway, I just now discovered what triggers the fire mode to change by itself. It's quite annoying and I'd like to see it fixed.

#47 User is offline   Muffie Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: muffie

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:23 AM

tell u the truth i think it happens with more guns then the g36 because i sometimes find my guns on burst or semi and i know that i did not willingly do it.

#48 User is offline   ]BoS[Killer (old) Icon

• LocationIndiana

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:30 AM

Did anyone notice that the UMP settings are "Automatic" & "SPAM" ? Ahhaa instead of Burst?

#49 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 02 January 2008 - 06:27 AM

1.  Autopickup needs to be fixed.
    I find it annoying - when in a firefight - and I'm about to switch to my pistol... only to select a grenade OR even worse a smokegren.
    So I guessed I walked over it at some point and I'm totally smoked by the enemy >_<
    Make it an option to have it autopickup or not. So if it's off - You aim and press USE to pick stuff up.
    Also If you need to switch weapon, perhaps this would work so you don't have to trow away it first.
    You get a messege saying "Replace NAME with NAME" - Press USE and you're set.

1.1  Also... When you pick stuff up they are placed in diffrent spots of your gear.
      I think they should always be placed in the default starting layout - 5. Grenade 4. Smokegrenade 3. Pistol 2. Secondaries 1. Primaries
    (I'm unserten of the places of the grens, but you get the generally idea.)

FINALLY SOMEONE WHO FEELS THE SAME WAY! tytyty

Perhaps a solution would be to allow players to decide which weapons they want to be able to cycle to. Nades could be removed from the cycle so you can't scroll to them, but if you hit the nade key, you can still use them.

Everyone who says "use toggle":
If you think toggle is a viable alternative to scrolling through weapons, you have never used weapon scrolling. :lol:

#50 User is offline   DJ Schuby Icon

• Account: djschuby

Posted 02 January 2008 - 06:28 AM

tell u the truth i think it happens with more guns then the g36 because i sometimes find my guns on burst or semi and i know that i did not willingly do it.

Yeah, it happens for all the guns I was just using the g36 as an example.

• (18 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942