Urban Terror Forums: Preparing Public QA testing - ALL ABOARD - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (25 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Preparing Public QA testing - ALL ABOARD Rate Topic: ****- 13 Votes

#212 User is offline   woody Icon

• Account: woody

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:09 PM

I understand,and understood the first time : its just alpha,its normal for a few things to not work or look as you wanted.
And the programmers just did theyre job : do the animation as a raw thing,not giving it quality on looks and keeping some realism to it.
//just a sketch,the "skeleton".

Letting that aside for a bit...
You avoided answering my original question : why use new skins,with the same specifications as old weapons,even after you changed the looks of some weapons ?
Changed the way ak103 looks,as well as ump45,my favorite secondary [until testing p90,because banelli being a spas clone...not that interested in it]

Or was that the answer ?
Meaning that you guys just placed those skins there,not giving those new weapons individual specs,just because you only needed to test them as they are,like animation ?
What more could it be involved in making a weapon,besides the design/looks/skin [with laser/silencer] and specs [reload time/fire rate,mags/damage/probability] and so on ?

Cause from my point of view,half of the job has already been done [skin & animating it].

I thought that changing specs would be easy.

This post has been edited by woody: 27 December 2010 - 11:15 PM

#213 User is offline   thewonderboy Icon

• Account: thewonderboy

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:56 PM

they will change weapon specs..... You can shoot revolver as fast as you can even tho the animation is not made based on the current specs.
P90 is unique gun btw.
New sniper might not be rigged so it doesnt work
Benelli was said to be slug sg but so far its a spas clone (spas is buffed btw)

But yea your opinions.

See the lovely Mrs. Search Function?
She wants to make out with you.
~OOM91

Jelly? Yes very jelly... in fact, I am * jam. No amount of sandwich spread can express my emotions.
~IIL_NODERUS

#214 User is offline   woody Icon

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:26 AM

How do you know specs will change ?
I know i havent been around the forums lately,and did not read all the usual stuff...but still,i wouldve seen somehow those news.

Or someone wouldve showed me until now a topic where a FS member is saying that specs will change after Alpha is over [or when beta starts,or when the final release sees the light of day]

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#216 User is offline   woody Icon

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:06 AM

Well,i just cant imagine it would be that hard to change the specs on a weapon.

I mean,i thought that after doing the complete model,including texturing,then doing the animation,and afterwards the sound...i thought that the specs of the weapon would be made last.

Im just trowing this out there...

So what your saying now,its that p90 is a complete new weapon,from scratch,build from nothing,started from 0,right ?

I for one,cant tell the difference between a weapon started from nothing to a skin added on a current weapon,as long as i know the specs.
So the only difference between a normal player like me,who hasnt seen the back door of Urban Terror,will only rely on those specs...but a FS member knows stuff that regular users dont.

So,getting to the point...if p90 is a new weapon,why in this clip,made by you,the p90 kinda looks like it has the mp5 specs ?
Same ammount of ammo,and even the same name.

You can notice that even the icon at 5:30 is the same as mp5.

In regular terms,so that everybody can understand,are the current new weapons just skins placed on cloned weapons ?

DE = magnum
Glock = beretta
benelli = spas

I would understand it this would be confidential or something that only FS should know.

And theres no need to explain the whole process of changing the specs,cause i know i wont understand why not just do the 3rd and last part you mentioned,since there is a model weapon,along with textures on it [and animated],its allready based on another weapon...so why not just send it to the department where you change specs ?

#217 User is offline   TwentySeven Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Engine Developer
  • Account: twentyseven

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:32 AM

We're changing the weapon specs. Alpha means we're not feature complete yet.

#218 User is offline   Pussnboots Icon

• Account: pussnboots

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:59 AM

View Postwoody, on 28 December 2010 - 01:06 AM, said:

Well,i just cant imagine it would be that hard to change the specs on a weapon.

*facepalm*

#220 User is offline   quiladeth Icon

• Account: quiladeth

Post icon  Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:27 AM

i tryed downloading the new alfa 4.2 but i cant manage to extract the files can you help me? thanks on advance to your quick resposce sinserely QUILADETH

• (25 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942