• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ut4_cambridge_b1 [BETA] Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#31 User is offline   Swiiitan Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: swiiitan
  • Main tag: wG*

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:59 PM

Solitary i respect your opinion but i do not agree with you, i hate camping aswell but i think it is an important part of the game. I know urt is supose to be a fast pased game and it is but face it, camping is big part of the game aswell, pro teams dont allways have rush tactics they also have camp tactics.
But sure there is a little bit to many boxes there but i still think removing them all are bad and the benches sure they can be half benches noproblem but i disagree totaly on your 2nd suggestion, those small extra areas are special for a map i think it makes it less boring and without them the map would feel so empty.
Ingame: Swiiitan
Clan: **Saft

#32 User is offline   MajkiFajki Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: majkifajki

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:10 PM

You'll see with time that experienced players can contribute to your map more than hundreds of hours of testing on any given public server.

Very wise advise (as usual - Uncle Rayne). Must remember that.

#33 User is offline   Delirium Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: delirium

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:39 PM

Woah settle down children :>
The comment which struck me most was

the main issue that TS Cambridge faces is the camp factor
and I'd believe anyone who has played the map more than someone whos loaded it up once or twice.

ontop of that Soli's points are quite valid, most of the things had been added in except for the buildings at west end where scrims on the 'fixed' version would have shown that the wall being an issue.

The flare effect was just a fun thing :) I liked it too and it doesn't cost much to have sitting there.

Cheers for the feedback

#34 User is offline   Solitary Icon

•   former FS member   
    Programmer
  • Account: solitary
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:55 AM

I agree JustMe... that camping is also a valid strategy, heck I've camped the hell out of this map too. I'm not trying to remove camping completely from this map, simply reduce it.

#35 User is offline   Swiiitan Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: swiiitan
  • Main tag: wG*

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:02 PM

Okey :)
Ingame: Swiiitan
Clan: **Saft

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#36 User is offline   slackin Icon

• Account: slackin
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:36 AM

View PostDelirium, on 08 August 2011 - 08:54 AM, said:

They were older textures in a pre-alpha not the old version, the textures I've used in beta1 will not be the same in beta2. The map will be less orange and more white

Love you Del <3 (no homo)

View Postmajkifajki, on 08 August 2011 - 10:09 AM, said:

@Del
Just please, make areas a little differ from each other :)

Humm, interesting thought, but honestly its supposed to be a vision of Cambridge, England and the variation in the map is on par with the real life place. I'd say leave that aspect be personally.

View Postflajaz, on 08 August 2011 - 01:23 PM, said:

btw, fix the gamma in the levelshot.

hahahha, never noticed

View PostSolitary, on 08 August 2011 - 02:12 PM, said:

Few notes about team survivor (TS) I should have sent your way the other day but because of the match I couldn't really pass them on lol -_-

1. Remove the backrest on these benches (make them half benches) so they are not so campable, currently the main issue that TS Cambridge faces is the camp factor. It is a map which has fast flanks and great spawns which are often over shadowed by the campibility of the map.

2. Reduce campability of Upper Fountain. This is the position on the map which is most often camped by teams causing cambridge gameplay to slow down, if you could bring in the walls highlighted a bit (or perhaps add a fence with player clip) it would go a long way to reduce openness of this area and tendency for teams to camp it.

3. Open up the lower fountain a bit more. The lower fountain is a high pace, high traffic location in TS cambridge. Remove these boxes for TS and the gameplay will be much faster paced.

Really dig the effect on the sun :happy:
Looking forward to future betas <3
Oh also Kick Flip! Huahuaha :biggrin:

IMHO, everything solitary said was DEAD ON.

View Postmajkifajki, on 08 August 2011 - 03:27 PM, said:

Well - if we go with logic titled "I play UrT longer then You, so no matter what I say, I'm right" we should close this board and let only FS members to discuss.

HAHA, about half(or more) of the dev team hasn't played the game as long as solitary and I, but that's neither here nor there. solitary's opinion is a very valid one as he is a skilled player who loves the game and knows the community very well.

View PostSolitary, on 08 August 2011 - 03:41 PM, said:

Generally speaking any map which provides good league play provides good public play aswell. My main point was I've played the map in many matches and it has a campy tendency which can be reduced and that is what my suggestions would accomplish.

The map is just so huge, its gonna be a slow map. The last thing it needs is stuff to make it slower! <3

View PosttheRipper, on 08 August 2011 - 05:16 PM, said:

cambridge is mainly used for ts/leagues/pugbot.

so there. our opinion counts more :)

^^ QFT not that popular outside league play.

View Postmajkifajki, on 08 August 2011 - 07:31 PM, said:

First of all, my intension was not to flame or offend anyone.

Second - I feel convinced now and have no arguments left - shut up shall I now.

Opinions are always welcome bro, if not by anyone else in this thread, at least by me! But I am sure Delirium is listening to your input and taking it into consideration, don't stop giving input just because this particular input wasn't as liked by the community as others.

View PostJustMe..., on 08 August 2011 - 07:59 PM, said:

Solitary i respect your opinion but i do not agree with you, i hate camping aswell but i think it is an important part of the game. I know urt is supose to be a fast pased game and it is but face it, camping is big part of the game aswell, pro teams dont allways have rush tactics they also have camp tactics.
But sure there is a little bit to many boxes there but i still think removing them all are bad and the benches sure they can be half benches noproblem but i disagree totaly on your 2nd suggestion, those small extra areas are special for a map i think it makes it less boring and without them the map would feel so empty.

lmfao, man. I am on solitary's team and .... lol, we camp the HELL outta that map. Not saying camping is bad, but if its TOO campy it will start to suck. Map is naturally VERY campy due to side and layout, but its still a fun map. I personally feel that it does not need any further camp aids though. (compared to _fixed_

View PostSolitary, on 09 August 2011 - 12:55 AM, said:

I agree JustMe... that camping is also a valid strategy, heck I've camped the hell out of this map too. I'm not trying to remove camping completely from this map, simply reduce it.

^^ qft man if I had the demo of us vs pnk in that scrim, lololol

This post has been edited by Slackin: 12 August 2011 - 02:38 AM

[img]http://i188.photobuc...n35/urt/sig.jpg[/img]
/*----------------------------------------------------------------------
All normal mapped(bump mapped) and specular mapped .|^|.
Just a few of many, and more to come.
----------------------------------------------------------------------*/

#37 User is offline   Skaterdude Icon

• Account: skaterdude

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:35 PM

I wanted to try this map out but for some reason, when the games tries to load the map, it crashes my UrT client.

I am using Mitsubishi's 64 bit client.

Any idea why the map won't load for me?

#38 User is offline   Crazylys Icon

• Account: crazylys

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:12 AM

Oh my... I've been asking for an update of one of my old favorite map before.. And now I just noticed you did it. :biggrin: click..click..download..

This post has been edited by Crazylys: 24 November 2011 - 12:12 AM

#39 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: Pwny|

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:03 PM

there is a bug in the red spawn on ctf where one door is blocked by an invisible wall.

This post has been edited by nitro: 17 January 2012 - 04:03 PM

Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#40 User is offline   Delirium Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: delirium

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:41 PM

http://gotdelirium.c...iew/cam_016.jpg

Just a little tinkering of the saturation of color in lighting and the texturing, screenies taken with gamma 1.4

Thoughts? too much saturation/not enough color? lemme know :)

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942