• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Why are people not switching to 4.2? Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

4.2 pub servers are almost empty despite the 4.2 beta being default dl

#33 User is offline   Creation Icon

• Account: creation

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

Hello, i play both versions of the game with the same weapon. From my point of view when playing 4.1 i have a better accuracy with that weapon, head shoots or not, than i have on 4.2. Still i like the developing pattern of the game, even bots seem to work better now :)

#34 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

View PostCreation, on 22 April 2013 - 02:04 PM, said:

Hello, i play both versions of the game with the same weapon. From my point of view when playing 4.1 i have a better accuracy with that weapon, head shoots or not, than i have on 4.2.

Because you actually have to be good at aiming now :P
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

#35 User is offline   Creation Icon

• Account: creation

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

View PostSilverFoxZ, on 22 April 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

That is a possibility but imho a good challenge :)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#36 User is offline   x3r Icon

• Account: x3r
  • Main tag: 24/7.

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:29 AM

View PostItsMe, on 12 April 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

There is a _significant_ difference in Linux between the sensitivity settings in 4.2011 compared to 4.2010 and all before.
I used to play with a sens of 0.7 in and now I have to set it at least to 1.4 to have the same speed (with no acceleration turned).

I would recommend turning off mouse acceleration:
cl_mouseAccel "0"

I think part of the reason people are not switching is because 4.1 has zombie mod and SR8 only mod etc

I have no idea why FS hasn't made it so you can have SR8 only servers just by changing some cvars.

I really miss playing on |DB| SR8 Only

This post has been edited by x3r: 23 April 2013 - 10:29 AM

#37 User is offline   Divinity Icon

• Account: divinity
  • Main tag: /eVo/

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 13 April 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

Can you expand?

We hear “Performance issues” a lot with out explanation as to what those issues are.

4.2 is not a system upgrade of 4.1 but more of a bug hunt and fix. If there is an issue with performance then it's an unintentional bug and if posted we can add it to our bug tracker.

For me personally it's the "stutter" that's been reported in another thread. I'm skeptical a demo will show this. I suppose I could buy an HD camera and record my screen so you can see it.

#38 User is offline   Nikki Icon

• Account: nikki
  • Main tag: diRf!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 13 April 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

Can you expand?

We hear “Performance issues” a lot with out explanation as to what those issues are.

4.2 is not a system upgrade of 4.1 but more of a bug hunt and fix. If there is an issue with performance then it's an unintentional bug and if posted we can add it to our bug tracker.

Pretty sure he's talking about the stuttering issue mentioned in the 4.2 area.

I'm also still getting the stutter with the update to .012 with the stock client

**Sorry, Divinity, didn't finish the thread and see your reply. lol

This post has been edited by Nikki: 23 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

#39 User is offline   Pez Icon

• Account: pez
  • Main tag: strayA#

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:35 AM

Having trouble with the updater seems to be a big problem as well. stopping half way with an error which requires a restart of the update for example. i haven't had any problems but there's a lot of people complaining about it on other forums.

This post has been edited by Pez: 24 April 2013 - 07:35 AM

#40 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:53 AM

View PostSilverFoxZ, on 22 April 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

i find the 4.2 models really disconcerting to aim at. i don't think it's a question of being "good at aiming."
i also feel like I get a disproportionate amount of leg hits. i've looked at my stats in 4.1 on occasion, and I hit legs <10% of shots (checked a few SS from 100+ kills/20 min ctf, and average was like 9%). i checked my stats in 4.2 after a few games and was hitting like 30% legs or more. crazy. i aim upper torso and my aiming ability is not an issue.;) not sure if anything is different or the new models are just throwing me off. usually have no problem adapting to models in different games. maybe just the nature of a game with a lot of 200+ pingers on ghetto connections.:|

pez, who uses updater? cmon!
http://www.f1m.fr/up...r42_full012.zip
http://maps.goreclan...r42_full012.zip
http://www.ftwgl.com...r42_full012.zip

lol @ ftwgl being a "fast link." not when outbound is capped at like 25 megabits gfg

This post has been edited by don: 24 April 2013 - 07:55 AM

GlaD-don
Past teams:
Partners in Terror | The Dark | Team Terror | Noobs Gone Wild | Xor | Blight Gaming | Area 51 Gaming | Team Lzuruha | Besserman6 | Console | No Care Bears | Zing | Pro5 | American Idols | Team Canada | No Defiance | Unlimited Gaming
<3 to the people who built and sustained the North American competitive community over the years. xil, r, vex, icu, bos, .e, '`|v|~, iF, -x-, ill, un, xor, glad & all the rest. thanks for the games

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942