• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Why are people not switching to 4.2? Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

4.2 pub servers are almost empty despite the 4.2 beta being default dl

#52 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

View PostBladeKiller, on 26 April 2013 - 08:13 PM, said:

I get stuttering when I increase the netcode values higher than the defaults. Reverting back to the defaults got rid of the stutter. This is easily reproduced by others on the dev team as well. Perhaps those who are getting this stuttering should try changing rate to a lower value and see what happens. No idea if this is the same cause of the stutter these other people are experiencing but it's worth a try.

can you tell me what settings we are talking about exactly and what values are considered default?
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#53 User is offline   Divinity Icon

• Account: divinity
  • Main tag: /eVo/

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

I'll give it a try. I think my rate is 25000.

#54 User is offline   Nikki Icon

• Account: nikki
  • Main tag: diRf!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

View PostBladeKiller, on 26 April 2013 - 08:13 PM, said:

I get stuttering when I increase the netcode values higher than the defaults. Reverting back to the defaults got rid of the stutter. This is easily reproduced by others on the dev team as well. Perhaps those who are getting this stuttering should try changing rate to a lower value and see what happens. No idea if this is the same cause of the stutter these other people are experiencing but it's worth a try.

I've already tested this pretty thoroughly for myself and it doesn't work. I have tried minimum, maximum and about 10 values in between for /rate. I've also tried changing cl_maxpackets to numerous different values. Updated, rolled back, etc my video drivers. Me and RJC sat on a server for about 1.5 hours about a week ago going through anything and everything I could change to change the performance and nothing has fixed it (with the stock client) as of yet.

#55 User is offline   Txc Icon

• Account: txc
  • Main tag: [Sk&Bh]

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:02 PM

View PostDivinity, on 26 April 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

It's documented in a couple of threads in the 4.2 support area. It's essentially brief pauses in the game (measured maybe in hundedths of a second) that some just make it "jerk" while others halt the entire game for a longer length of time (maybe a second, maybe a few tenths of a second) that make the game nearly unplayable. Certainly not for more than anything other than pubbing it.

Thank you .
So this is how it is called that kind of undisplayed lag .
I would say it really destroys pub games too , I thought it is just me until now , you know it is reasonable to suspect your own senses , too . I will check those treads .

don , who said that people with disabilities are smallminded , they might understand the technical limitations of MD3 .
Besides some people with disabilities can really surprise you & it is not excluded sometimes some to make you feel like you are really the invalid ;) .
Probably you haven't heard of the legendary hero '' One handed Swordsman '' for example .

About the topic people will switch to 4.2 , matter of time .

PS BladeKiller after you like StarCraft you like Alien indirectly at least , btw some (or maybe I shall say a lot ? hmm) parts of alien are literally copy-pasted in StarCraft .
I am not complaining about it still won't mind to hear the HR Giger's honest position .

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#56 User is offline   SamSpangle Icon

• Account: samspangle

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:40 AM

View PostNikki, on 26 April 2013 - 08:37 PM, said:

I've already tested this pretty thoroughly for myself and it doesn't work. I have tried minimum, maximum and about 10 values in between for /rate. I've also tried changing cl_maxpackets to numerous different values. Updated, rolled back, etc my video drivers. Me and RJC sat on a server for about 1.5 hours about a week ago going through anything and everything I could change to change the performance and nothing has fixed it (with the stock client) as of yet.
Have you tried playing around with the antiwarp setting? I did and and you can make the game unplayable with stutter if you set it too low.

I might barking up the wrong tree here so please don't flame me. Only been running my server for a few days.... :wink:

URT SpamRock [4.2] Public Server @94.126.42.74 - putting the fun back into Urban Terror!

#59 User is offline   Divinity Icon

• Account: divinity
  • Main tag: /eVo/

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

The question is why does 4.1 NOT do this with practically the same config whereas 4.2 has the stuttering?

There are no other variables to account for on my gaming partition. It has _nothing_ on it except UrT.

This post has been edited by Divinity: 27 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

#60 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:13 AM

View PostTxc, on 26 April 2013 - 10:02 PM, said:

don , who said that people with disabilities are smallminded , they might understand the technical limitations of MD3 .
Besides some people with disabilities can really surprise you & it is not excluded sometimes some to make you feel like you are really the invalid ;) .
Probably you haven't heard of the legendary hero '' One handed Swordsman '' for example .

Thanks for putting words in my mouth; although, in Bulgaria, perhaps it's the norm to assume physical and mental disabilities go hand-in-hand?

One handed swordsman? Pretty sure Jaime got his ass kicked trying to fight one handed ;)

About the topic people will switch to 4.2 , matter of time .

People will switch, but only when the option to play 4.1 is taken away. I'd like to see a tidy 4.3 release soon to wrap up the 4.2.x series of released, along with a working updater (I'm sure there are some tutorials online) and an announcement that support for 4.1.1 and 4.2.x has ended. Remove links to 4.1.1 from the site, and push a message from the master server to everyone connecting to 4.1.1 servers that 4.1.1 is outdated.

ps, my fps in 4.2 is fine. Try watching the CPU usage chart (ctrl alt esc) while playing. A lot of FPS issues are due to being maxed out on a single core, rather than being limited by the graphics card.
GlaD-don
Past teams:
Partners in Terror | The Dark | Team Terror | Noobs Gone Wild | Xor | Blight Gaming | Area 51 Gaming | Team Lzuruha | Besserman6 | Console | No Care Bears | Zing | Pro5 | American Idols | Team Canada | No Defiance | Unlimited Gaming
<3 to the people who built and sustained the North American competitive community over the years. xil, r, vex, icu, bos, .e, '`|v|~, iF, -x-, ill, un, xor, glad & all the rest. thanks for the games

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942