• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Why are people not switching to 4.2? Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

4.2 pub servers are almost empty despite the 4.2 beta being default dl

#21 User is offline   Divinity Icon

• Account: divinity
  • Main tag: /eVo/

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:54 AM

I'll have to play it and give it a test drive.

#23 User is offline   Txc Icon

• Account: txc
  • Main tag: [Sk&Bh]

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:05 PM

View PostBladeKiller, on 01 April 2013 - 07:47 PM, said:

Txc, if you look in zpak001_assets.pk3 in 4.1.1 you will see what was changed for 4.1.1. You will also notice no new zpak001.pk3 which would have had new qvm's in it if the code had been changed. You also would see the mod version changed from 4.1 to 4.1.1 if there had been a coder on the dev team at the time who could change the mod version but there wasn't. If you look inside zpak001_assets.pk3 you will see several different textures and .skin files in models/players/athena and models/players/orion. These are the player skins that were changed. This is when I added the cropped tops for the females. There was no upper_swat_b.tga for 4.0 females.

Well Txc already said :

'' ... probably you are right . I suggest that possibility , too . ... ''

It should be O.K. , I don't believe at all , but I only suggest & I do suggest opposite things with different possibility at the same time .
Do you think I am sure of my perceptions ?
& naturally I am most of all phlegmatic ...

Or do you like me to lie to you ?

Let's shake hands virtually , shall we ?

BTW a bit offtopic - no aprilfool joke in news this year ?

#25 User is offline   Juno Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: juno
  • Main tag: ~SG~

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:11 PM

Im conscious of fact that people mostly like things which already know. I prefer 4.2 more as it runs smoother for me. But still i like more these 4.1 toony style models.
I like these unpretentious and funny animations of 4.1 models. :) 4.2 model animations looks like improoved 3.x model animations, i dont like. :)
With my 75 fps 4.1 seems to be judder so much for me. 4.2 ftw!

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:59 AM

Don, please don't bully people who have cerebral palsy.

4.2 models are mocking people with disabilities. just sayin'
GlaD-don
Past teams:
Partners in Terror | The Dark | Team Terror | Noobs Gone Wild | Xor | Blight Gaming | Area 51 Gaming | Team Lzuruha | Besserman6 | Console | No Care Bears | Zing | Pro5 | American Idols | Team Canada | No Defiance | Unlimited Gaming
<3 to the people who built and sustained the North American competitive community over the years. xil, r, vex, icu, bos, .e, '`|v|~, iF, -x-, ill, un, xor, glad & all the rest. thanks for the games

#27 User is offline   Divinity Icon

• Account: divinity
  • Main tag: /eVo/

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

My testing of 4.2.010 leads me to conclude that a lot of progress has been made, but it's still got a ways to go from being competition ready. Haven't tested 4.2.011 yet.

#28 User is offline   ItsMe Icon

• Account: itsme
  • Main tag: bc`

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:11 PM

View PostMarkinho, on 17 March 2013 - 04:29 PM, said:

I've never noticed any difference in sensibility and since I'm a jumper I'm really picky about it
The only time I actually felt the difference is when I tried mitsu or some other optimized builds

There is a _significant_ difference in Linux between the sensitivity settings in 4.2011 compared to 4.2010 and all before.
I used to play with a sens of 0.7 in and now I have to set it at least to 1.4 to have the same speed (with no acceleration turned).

PS.
Why must we have that QL crap build into UrT with the acceleration? Because it is hip? UrT has a much slower gameplay than QL and we have no Rocketjumps nor a Railgun (what I miss a bit tbh ;))

--
ItsMe

#29 User is offline   raylewis Icon

• Account: raylewis

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

I think 4.2 has come a long way. I really wish that some of the modern conveniences of alternative clients in 4.1.1 would see themselves into the stock client (better audio, raw mouse, etc). I think a lot of players i've talked to have said that as of 4.2.011 the performance is the main reason they aren't playing, this includes me.

This post has been edited by raylewis: 12 April 2013 - 08:30 PM

#30 User is offline   sneakers Icon

• Account: sneakers

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

I would switch if there were more CTF servers reasonably near me...

I'd love to see a new CTF server in the style of Rambetter's classic San Diego CTF. West of Z would be cool if adapted for 4.2 also.

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942