What are you working on?

#122 User is offline   ti6 Icon

•   former FS member   
    2D Artist
  • Account: ti6
  • Main tag: <PWC>

Posted 28 June 2015 - 05:55 PM

Hi there,

pre-alpha work in progress. Would love to see another great map like orbital for urt hd. Still pretty unsure if this style would fit to urt, but time will show. I will work on it anyway. Sry for the sound, its pretty spooky.(:

http://youtu.be/VoGHFf4VBmk

Edit:

Well you dont see much of the map itself yet cauz i just focused on graphic and materials. If anybody is interested or want to give some advice... you are welcome. <3

This post has been edited by ti6: 29 June 2015 - 06:45 PM

#123 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: kronik

Posted 29 June 2015 - 06:39 PM

That is looking awesome so far man!! Are you planning on keeping the same layout or making a completely new map? If you decided to completely redo the layout, then maybe a better name could be had since I would assume that Orbital 2 would be at least loosely based on the same layout and design as the original.

Anyway, your materials look amazing! Keep adding detail!

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#126 User is offline   zietsh Icon

• Account: zietsh
  • Main tag: [dswp]

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:33 PM

Honestly I never felt like UrT had a "style" except that there was no style. (Does that make sense?)

And if it would have a style those spaced out designs or layouts that are totally detached from reality (like ghost town) always felt the best.
Then there are the urban environments that felt fitting because of a "parkoury" touch that these offer.

Oh and I like it if maps tell a story..

Fun over realism is the style or not :P ?

This post has been edited by zietsh: 30 June 2015 - 05:34 PM

#127 User is offline   Fredrik Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: fredrik

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:56 PM

I haven't read the story blogs, but it has to take place in the future. These people have extreme physical abilities. Their either genetically modified or cyborgs, we can't do that with current technology.

I like that your giving Orbital some love, it's one of my favorite maps. In case you haven't already, message Delirium asking if it's okay. He would appreciate that. :p

#129 User is offline   zietsh Icon

• Account: zietsh
  • Main tag: [dswp]

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:09 PM

If you "need/ want" maps in a certain style:
I'd suggest putting colour and texture palettes out there.
As speaking from a design aspect (for me at least) models and layouts develop with the mood/scene, which is often determined by and with the colours and lightning of textures. Or some fully textured (recurring models throughout "urban terror themed maps"), where one can see if it fits seamlessly into a environment and if so the theme is right.

Maybe there could also be "home maps" for the teams (I mean the different skins you can choose). Giving the skin/team you choose a story, with it a theme.
I wonder where DrPink comes from?

• (17 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942