• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

mod db info Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 08 September 2008 - 12:32 AM

Just make a g_gear-like cvar that controls what you want to pick up. Sort of like the UT weapon priority list, or the auto-switch-to-if-better from UT. Crouching works too, and is probably the most precise method, but it seems like it's also the most problem-prone. Power sliding through a stack of dead bodies will guarantee at least 4 nades.

#32 User is offline   satiable Icon

• Account: satiable

Posted 08 September 2008 - 02:38 AM

BludShoT link=topic=12158.msg162931#msg162931 date=1220818657]
I do think if at all possible a cvar for the new crouch weapon pickup thing would be great. Then everyone's happy.

I think this is by far the best solution if it's possible. I for one like the idea of this new crouch feature, but some ppl don't.

So for sure if we had a choice, you can't beat that imo. :-)

#33 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

• Account: bludshot
  • Main tag: [T]

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:14 AM

Power sliding through a stack of dead bodies will guarantee at least 4 nades.

This is true but, in this case, instead of a variable to save what weapons you would like to pick up, it would be better to have like:
cg_favWeaponsIliketoScrollThrough
ut_nextFavWeap
ut_prevFavWeap

#34 User is offline   TwentySeven Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Engine Developer
  • Account: twentyseven

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:16 AM

Hoooy.  You want to find a coder for me?

#35 User is offline   Stv Icon

• Account: stv

Posted 08 September 2008 - 11:27 AM

weee!  :-) ...

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#36 User is offline   Flash (old) Icon

• LocationShanghai, China

Posted 08 September 2008 - 03:09 PM

Hoooy.  You want to find a coder for me?

Yea, and don't forget some slaves for me btw.

#37 User is offline   codey (old) Icon

• Locationrepublic.stockholm.se

Posted 08 September 2008 - 03:36 PM

TwentySeven and Flash Bladekiller just hasn't gotten yet so I better spell it out. They are the slaves of the Urban Terror Community® and have to cater to any player's whim and wish. Now get on with the coding or it's off to the stone quarry for some real hard labour.

#38 User is offline   M3MPHIS (old) Icon

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:50 PM

Really decent suggestions. Make the skin easier to spot and the NO unzoomhit is very nice.  but I would strongly encourage you to add to 4.2;

remove the spray on psg and sr8
reduce slightly the spray on auto weapons and decrease slightly the damage then it will be sooooo nice and people will actually continuing playing the game once they reach a decent level. It's not very motivating to play when it comes down to so much luck(spray).

Finally, do not make the same mistake you have done for every new update don't change maps that ppl do play like abbey casa turnpike change the maps that people do not play because obviously there is something wrong with THOSE maps and NOT the maps that ppl actually play. So focus as mentioned on maps like village, ricochet etc
Docks was such a popular map in 2.x and I'm sure a lot of people would still love it. Just make the water transparent and the map brigther it's way too dark even with the highest gamma. This will remove camping faggots :)

m3m

#39 User is offline   Nightcrawl (old) Icon

• LocationSweden

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:52 PM

Not much to say about it than it sounds awesome.

Any ETA?

edit: nothing wrong about the spray that is. And no spray on snipers? Yea, lets make some railguns!

#40 User is offline   {C9}Wolverine (old) Icon

• LocationWashington State, USA

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:57 PM

Finally, do not make the same mistake you have done for every new update don't change maps that ppl do play like abbey casa turnpike change the maps that people do not play because obviously there is something wrong with THOSE maps and NOT the maps that ppl actually play. So focus as mentioned on maps like village, ricochet etc

Glad you think it was a mistake, some others of us like the changes. As for the ones "people do not play" maybe it's due to server owners just tossing servers up with the standard mapcycle? Or maybe it's because of players getting stuck on certain maps and refusing to learn the others? I mean why leave your beloved turnpike to play on another map because doing so would reduce your pwnage? I am willing to bet that I could put together a map with the exact same layout as casa but a completely different look and it wouldn't get anywhere near the gameplay. Why? Because people would assume wrongly that they would have to learn a new strategy to play it without even realizing its the same as casa.

Village was not included with 4.1 anyway......

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942