• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

mod db info Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   MazZer (old) Icon

• LocationSweden

Posted 07 September 2008 - 12:42 PM

Do you mean mapwise? If so that is up to the map artist

Yea it prolly is. But I don't think it can be done more detailed.
It's perfectly fine as it is though... 8-)

#22 User is offline   Loanna (old) Icon

Posted 07 September 2008 - 12:56 PM

Great news ! Everything sounds nice ! :mrgreen:

mmmhhhhh.... :sigh:  Docks, I missed it so much.

Pardon me but, I don't see teh need for teh crouch-weapon pick up thing, but why not. Why some people don't want to pick up weapons ?

Anyway it sounds like some people needed that, so good news :)

Will there be a client cvar for this, so gamers can choose between crouch pick up, and standing pick up ?

#23 User is offline   xer0kill (old) Icon

• LocationCorvallis, Oregon

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:33 PM

Will there be a client cvar for this, so gamers can choose between crouch pick up, and standing pick up ?

I've seen some people throw kevlar on their flags in CTF so if you grab the flag you get slowed way down when trying to make your getaway. It is really annoying. Other than that, yea it's cool to pick up actual guns and nades and such.

#24 User is offline   Bodhisattva Icon

• Account: bodhisattva

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:15 PM

I've seen some people throw kevlar on their flags in CTF so if you grab the flag you get slowed way down when trying to make your getaway. It is really annoying. Other than that, yea it's cool to pick up actual guns and nades and such.

kevlar on the flag is a minor inconvenience.  tac goggles on the flag are annoying.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   Spectre Icon

• Account: spectre

Posted 07 September 2008 - 07:23 PM

this is good, and some what realistic, if not crouch, maybe at least the action key or something

#27 User is offline   xer0kill (old) Icon

• LocationCorvallis, Oregon

Posted 07 September 2008 - 07:30 PM

Also, I've read several people say that picking up unwanted nades is very annoying. This way you have control over which things you pick up. It doesn't take much to get used to.

Really? That's ridiculous! If you don't want them, toss them at the enemy! I'm always pretty stoked when I pick up some HE's in the heat of battle.

#28 User is offline   Bodhisattva Icon

• Account: bodhisattva

Posted 07 September 2008 - 07:39 PM

I agree, I like picking stuff up randomly.  The only time it really frustrates me is when it messes with my weapon toggles.

e.g. u just spent the ammo in your LR and are still in a fire fight.  wanting to keep shooting as quick as possible, you drop your weapon hoping for a pistol.  however u picked up a mp5 that u didn't know about and now its empty in your hands and you die.

personally, I like the weapon pickups as is and crouching may change things a lot (especially if sliding doesn't count as crouching)

I think a better fix would be if when you dropped your weapon it switched you to the biggest gun you have that isn;t empty

#29 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:08 PM

Also, I've read several people say that picking up unwanted nades is very annoying. This way you have control over which things you pick up. It doesn't take much to get used to.

Why not just make it to use +button7 to pick items up instead of crouch? So powerslide weapon grabbing is possible (and fun!) :P

#30 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

• Account: bludshot
  • Main tag: [T]

Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:17 PM

Wouldn't you pick up weapons while powersliding though? You're crouched afterall.

I do think if at all possible a cvar for the new crouch weapon pickup thing would be great. Then everyone's happy. I for one like the crouch weapon pickup idea and would probably keep it enabled. If there does get to be a cvar for this, I think the default that ships with the game should be crouch pickups turned ON.

All this stuff sounds really good!

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942