• +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

mod db info Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   xer0kill (old) Icon

• LocationCorvallis, Oregon

Posted 08 September 2008 - 05:11 PM

It is fucking annoying that most people will vote to cycle if the map that pops up isn't one of the top 4 most popular. Even veteran players are guilty of this shit. I don't know how you could be playing for 5+ years and never get sick of those same 4 maps. I've only been playing about a year and I'm already sick of it.

I'm about to scream for the removal of Abbey just because that's the only map anybody wants to play on CTF. Why? Probably because it's the easiest to learn. It's boring though! There's only a couple of actual routes and they're connected all over the place. Abbey CTF was a nice try, but to me it's just a nighmare version of the original Abbey.. I try to escape but everywhere I go there's just more and more Abbey!

I seem to be of a small minority that likes to play most every map there is. (Except, thanks to everyone else, Abbey.) I'm not super fond of Tunis or Thingley because they both feel like a big grid to me, all squares and whatnot... But once in awhile I don't mind screwing around on them.

I think, for whatever reason, we have a serious problem here. UrT right now has 26 official maps, and 18-20 of them basically never get played. Is there anybody else out there who gets enjoyment out of most of these maps??

#42 User is offline   {C9}Wolverine (old) Icon

• LocationWashington State, USA

Posted 08 September 2008 - 05:13 PM

I try to escape but everywhere I go there's just more and more Abbey!

:lol:

#43 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

• Account: bludshot
  • Main tag: [T]

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:04 PM

Well in defense of memphis, they Did wreck Rommel. Taking out the back tunnel/long tunnel pretty much removed the map from competition and almost removed it from pubs. IMO. Or it may just be that people didn't wanna play the map cuz BludShoT's Shaft was taken out of it  :wink:

#44 User is offline   {C9}Wolverine (old) Icon

• LocationWashington State, USA

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:10 PM

Bludshot, I don't want to hear about your shaft! TMI!

#45 User is offline   xer0kill (old) Icon

• LocationCorvallis, Oregon

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:55 PM

Bah! I still think Ramelle is pretty good fun. Like any map, I'd only get sick of it if it were played too much. From what I heard of the old tunnel system, I'm glad it was removed. It sounds pretty cheap, especially for CTF.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#46 User is offline   Bodhisattva Icon

• Account: bodhisattva

Posted 08 September 2008 - 09:23 PM

The old tunnel system on rommel was awesome.  Now, ramelle simply has no flanking routes & ends up being a huge TDM game.  The tunnels to back of red base & back of blue base were the heart of the map.

#48 User is offline   Shadowdragon Icon

• Account: shadowdragon

Posted 09 September 2008 - 11:51 AM

Hopefully besides the 4.1 releases of maps and remake of old maps hopefully a few new maps get put into the cycle.  About LMS, its a combined of Team Survivor and FFA,  Basically last person standing is the winner and get awarded 1 point (practically begged for this gametype to be back).  As for the maps being remade I will keep quiet until a dev member postes those maps on this forums. 

#49 User is offline   Bobbelin Icon

• Account: bobbelin
  • Main tag: ]Vz[

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:37 PM

people really complained about picking up weapons they don't want? @_@
i always found it nice to pick up 2nd along the way, doesn't matter what it is, only bad thing what can happen is gettin an empty gun :P
does this include picking up extra ammo?

#50 User is offline   DiMiTrI (old) Icon

• LocationItaly

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:52 PM

deathcRUSH aka DiMiTrI

[01:38:42][@deathcRUSH] http://www.moddb.com/mods/urban-terror "You now have to crouch to pick up a weapon; no more gathering of weapons you don't want."
[01:38:46][@deathcRUSH] go fix it pg``
[01:38:52][@deathcRUSH] tell them is not a good thing
[01:38:55][@deathcRUSH] ffs
[01:38:56][@deathcRUSH] !!
[01:39:23][@deathcRUSH] it could be good just for kevlars and helmets
[01:39:31][@bobbelin] aah
[01:39:35][@bobbelin] u gotta be kiddin me yo
[01:39:45][@bobbelin] shit sounds horrible
[01:39:49][@deathcRUSH] ye
[01:40:18][@deathcRUSH] if u have an lr with 10 hp and joram running in ur ass and u see a sr8 in the ground
[01:40:23][@deathcRUSH] nfdojgnaifmgad
[01:40:33][@deathcRUSH] u sit down
[01:40:34][@bobbelin] asdffffff
[01:40:47][@deathcRUSH] and u got joram in ur ass

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942