Urban Terror Forums: My proposals for the new version of urban terror : maps and bots - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

My proposals for the new version of urban terror : maps and bots Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   satiable Icon

• Account: satiable

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:31 AM

Hmmm weird. I haven't once ever seen a bot use a nade that I can recall. :|

#22 User is offline   20eazykills Icon

Posted 19 June 2009 - 03:23 PM

with me bots crash when either i am shot or when a door is being opened while pressing run and forward.  occasionally it is when i am being shot, if i shoot back it will crash but if i dont it will be just fine

If you take the 3rd party downloaded maps out, then bots should work fine. They do for me.

#23 User is offline   Creation Icon

• Account: creation

Posted 19 June 2009 - 03:31 PM

Well all I did was drag a copy of the pak0.pk3 file from my Quake3 baseq3 directory to my q2ut4 directory and typed bot_enable 1 followed by devmap q3dm<1 through 13>. I then just exec a script file that had all the bots already set up. Works great except it’s kind of freaky. Just don’t use grenades as I think the system used to run the bots does not have the code the mod has so it does crash when you try to use them.

Don’t think playing it as a mod under Q3 will really solve anything as more than one or two of us seem to have very little problems at least getting bots to work under UrT.

Tell ya what give it a go and if it still locks up let me know and I’ll post my q3config file. Maybe there is something in there that I set but cant remember that makes it all work.

I did copy pak0.pk3 from ioquake3 to ~/q3a/q3ut4/ and when i try to start the game i get this error :
Sys_Error: recursive error after: User Interface is version 3, expected 6

Maybe this does not work on linux or maybe on opensuse 11.0

#25 User is offline   Creation Icon

Posted 19 June 2009 - 06:52 PM

Well first of all i have the quake3 point release 1.32 already installed(i can see other servers on quake3 multuplayer on internet) . It was installed, after i put pak0.pk3 from the original quake3 game, in baseq3. I use the latest version of ioquake3 1.36 .

I have a intel core 2 duo at 2ghz with 2gb of ram and a nvidia geforce 7300 gs video card, regarding the memory, issue so i will set hunkmegs back to 1024. Regarding the 3rd party maps, i have to say that i don`t have any 3rd party maps to avoid any issues caused by them.

So let me get this right: you want me to try playing Q3 maps but placed inside the q3ut4 directory, and thus playing them under UrbanTerror?

And as an ideea: can u tell me how to create a map pack just like the one inside urban terror? My ideea is that if all the 3rd party maps are inside a pack maybe they will not crash anymore. What do you think about this suggestion?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#27 User is offline   satiable Icon

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:07 PM

I just removed all third party maps from my q3ut4 folder, fired up a server with 3 bots, and within 1 minute the server crashed. Map was casa. I don't use nades, and obviously there are no doors in that map.

#28 User is offline   H3NRY Icon

• Account: h3nry
  • Main tag: .um

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:26 PM

By the way casa locks up on me as well so don’t use that map. ;)

i think thats all i need to say sati :)

#29 User is offline   satiable Icon

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:54 PM

Yeah but he said he never moved any third party maps out when it did crash on casa, but I did, so I was just saying. :wink:

#30 User is offline   Creation Icon

Posted 20 June 2009 - 08:22 AM

Frankie V

Well if you tell me all the steps or give me a link to a guide i will give it a try. The map pack will contain the following maps : padgarden, padkitchen, padshop, runtfest, ut4_boxtrot_v1, ut4_orb, ut4_paradise, ut4_superman_b4, ut4_village, ut4_vypla, ut_berch, ut_forrest, ut_laneway and ut_laneway_2, ut_liquid, ut_nuclear, ut_once, ut_paese, ut_scottbase, ut_stone_ville . I hope that if all these 3rd party maps are in one pack maybe they wont crash anymore when playing with bots.

Regarding the Q3 maps , can u recommend a site ?

satiable

The map casa crashes even if no 3rd party maps are located in the q3ut4 folder  :-)

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942