• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A Little Talk About the Animations Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

• Account: bludshot
  • Main tag: [T]

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:46 PM

The reload animation in the crouch position uses the same animation as the reload in the up right position. I/we have not yet decided just how this action should be played out as having the player pop up a bit in my view should be the risk a player should take in a decision to reload. This will be worked out during player testing involving players who have a better idea as to how the game should be made rather then me having to make a decision that could screw things up.

I acknowledge that, as you said, the fine tuning and stuff will be done after play testing, so these are things that are still going to be worked on.  However, in my opinion, the 1st person view should always indicate to the player what their exposure/positioning is. So if I'm crouching behind a box, far enough that in 4.1 there's no way someone could hit me because I'm behind the box, then if I go to reload and my view doesn't bob me up so that I know I'm in peril, then imo how I look in 3rd person shouldn't be different than that.

Anyhow, I saw the new vid: Everything looks great. I understand these are WIP's.  My only comment might be that in the running backwards animation it looks like he would be off balance if it was real life (that he would fall over backwards).

#43 User is offline   WiseMan Icon

• Account: wiseman
  • Main tag: -VA-

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:17 AM

The running looks better..
nice work  :-D

#44 User is offline   Avocadoo (old) Icon

• LocationHungary

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:41 AM

The running looks sweet, but the P90 is keeps very much on this video:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=wBKY9lR2_3g

P90 looks like a wing...

#45 User is offline   Rayne Icon

• Account: rayne

Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:05 AM

Great job with animations Frankie, reloading looks very smooth. I got one question, in 4.1 you can sprint and aim (not run, sprint, E key). Will that stay in 4.2 or will the gun drop to players chest making him unable to aim until he is back to running or walking. Sorry if I'm jumping ahead it just crossed my mind while i was watching the video.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#46 User is offline   Yas Icon

• Account: yas

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:45 AM

just to show this is what i was thinking... to keep the head the same height (as not to loose perspective in first person) the legs should be a bit straighter when crouched walking... which would make it harder for those campers to move around too sneakily.
30 second mockup:
Posted Image

edit: maybe you could make the stationary crouched 3rd person reload animation height a bit lower seeing as you arent gaining an advantage in a firefight by reloading, you are using up clips, making sound and basically a sitting duck, so ducking lower while reloading might make sense, but the way you have it how is fine too.

#48 User is offline   Masha (old) Icon

• LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:15 PM

btw new player model is wearing half sleeve so FPS view will be like wearing globe yeah?
then it will be much nice and cool on screen :D
cuz Urt current version looks like wearing full body tights...

#49 User is offline   VANGUARD5 (old) Icon

Posted 03 September 2009 - 11:49 AM

Well, I specially like the new backflip deathanimation, that looks spectacular and that is what this game is all about
I hope you gonna make more of it. The current headshot animation for example is a little to boring for my taste.
Also, I hope you gonna make a new jump animation.

#50 User is offline   lifted (old) Icon

• LocationWisconsin

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:32 AM

This post isn't about the crouching animations, but the new sr8 3rd person animations.  I haven't seen a thread started on that yet so I am adding my question to this thread.

When standing still, unscoped the rifle is held so it appears to be pointing to the side, what happens if you no scope fire the sr8? does the animation do a quick change to point forwards as in 1st person view and fire the same as when no scoping in 4.1?

keep up the hard work frankie v!

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942