Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (11 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Future of the Sr8 Part Two

Poll: Mess with the sr8? (32 member(s) have cast votes)

Mess with the sr8?

1. Yay, this sounds good. (55 votes [48.67%])

Percentage of vote: 48.67%

2. Nay, don't like this change idea either. (58 votes [51.33%])

Percentage of vote: 51.33%

Vote

#11 Guest_Smurfy

Posted 10 April 2004 - 05:43 PM

Im all for making the sr8 slightly harder to use again (although i feel its balanced in bomb mode clan games). i know back when we where testing 3.0 for the QA team there where a few builds when a higher initial magnifcation level was used ( yes i know it changed but it was even higer), i feel that would be better alternative as people can get used to it and slowly improve where as the method suggested above seems based on how good your opponent is and not how good you are.

#12 Guest_lloyd

Posted 10 April 2004 - 05:46 PM

This will promote camping and slow gameplay.

Horrible idea.

#13 Guest_Averell

Posted 10 April 2004 - 05:50 PM

I agree with panda and smurfy..no need for jumpshot..jumpshot are more needed for snipers campers who hide behind box and want jump and fire behind their box..as a sniper you can rush with the rest of your teamates and make somes kills without need the jumpshot...and if you want put a penality for beeing touch..it must be only when the arm are hits and be the same for all weapons...snipe for me its not jumpshot behind box and not be able to aim correctly with a mp5 bullet in my feet or a beretta bullet in my kevlar shot that sound ridiculous imho...

#14 User is offline   Sachem (old) Icon

• LocationFrance

Posted 10 April 2004 - 05:56 PM

As I see it it's more about nerfing the sr8 than having the jumpshots at all cost...

#15 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 10 April 2004 - 05:57 PM

ok that sounds better it makes the Sr8 harder 2 use again you got my vote

but erm 20o of the place you are zoomed on or 20o from yourself? cause 20o over 500M is damn much

First off, 20o is 20o at any distance.

So, this tilt would probably be irritating enough to make me never use the sr8 (I rarely use the sniper in ET which seems like what this would look like). I was wondering if NOT unzoomed means that you never go unzoomed to see the reload animation. I still think that this is not worth it just to get a jumpshot back. Maybe if other things were adjust (like a reduction in reload time/time until you can switch weapons or the removal of the no scope penalty) then I could see this working. Just to get a jumpshot back I think it would be taking a big hit for something of small importance.

#16 User is offline   LORD OF DOOM (old) Icon

Posted 10 April 2004 - 06:12 PM

if you want the gun to be used leave it as it is... If you want it to rot away like the HK69 change it like you want.

#17 User is offline   Roadkill (old) Icon

• Locationroyal.stockholm.se

Posted 10 April 2004 - 06:14 PM

Leave it be when it comes to jumpshooting atleast.

#18 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 10 April 2004 - 06:19 PM

if you want the gun to be used leave it as it is... If you want it to rot away like the HK69 change it like you want.

Hey, I use the hk69 all the time. It's a great weapon.

#19 Guest_Smurfy

Posted 10 April 2004 - 06:21 PM

I have to say the more i think about it the more im asking myself why, Im not gonna make any silly statement about leaving if you mess up my precious game or anything, i want to ask some real opinions on
A: Jump shots
B: 20o tilt thing
C: a possible alternative to this tilt thing

Let me give you my anserws to why i dont want them i cant really make any usefull statements on public servers or TS or CTF game's as i really only play Bomb Mode Clan matches and as such can only give my opinion based around those rather narrow fields.
A:Jump shots, really not that usefull imo, there are only a few that can regulary pull of non straight foward jump shots anyhow and those that do have some degree of luck anyhow. (by non stright foward i mean strafe jumping at speed, not hiding behind a create and jumping up and down)

B: I feel it would drive players away from the SR8 apart from those really hardcore players that play it just to make the 1 or 2 amazing shots a map, from what iv seen in clangames i cant imagine this being practical, certainly the sr8 isnt overused in bomb mode with an average if estimate to be 1 or 2 players using it per team per map. I dont see how it really makes it harder to use apart from those who can move and aim, and frankly those who can do that well are in the minority of players anyhow. Another point id like to make is the point about me being in charge of my aim:) i can only imagine how frustrated id get if everyime i was about to shoot i have to re take aim cause someone hits me. It would make the sr8 totally useless at any distance apart from long distance.

C: As iv said above the alternative id like to see is a higher initial magnification, it would make it harder for people to use up close, but not impossible.

Id love to know for sure but im making the assumption that this tweak your suggesting is based purely on public servers where your right sr8's have long been a problem, its a shame for sure as imo the games so perfect in, Bomb Mode Clan games, its where the game becomes somethign special for me, never have i had more fun in a game. I honestly cant think of a solution thats going to make sense and balance every world of UrT as it covers 2 many differnt gametypes and playstyles. But the closest i can think of is the magnification

#20 User is offline   LORD OF DOOM (old) Icon

Posted 10 April 2004 - 06:24 PM

Hey, I use the hk69 all the time. It's a great weapon.

Every gun is being used, I was talking in general.

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942