Advertisement
  • (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Future of the Sr8 Part Two

Poll: Mess with the sr8? (32 member(s) have cast votes)

Mess with the sr8?

1. Yay, this sounds good. (55 votes [48.67%])

Percentage of vote: 48.67%

2. Nay, don't like this change idea either. (58 votes [51.33%])

Percentage of vote: 51.33%

Vote

#31 User is offline   rashly (old) Icon

• Locationlong island

Posted 10 April 2004 - 09:22 PM

jump shots should stay as is. jeez, i really hope the days of strafe jumping sr8 whores do not come back.

i do agree that the sr8 should have a little penalty if the person is getting hit while zoomed. i do not agree with the 20o thing though. i think there should just be a little randomness if they are getting hit. and i mean very little randomness. to the point of if they are aimed perfectly in the middle of someone's vest at a close distance they will still hit them towards the outer edges of the vest. if they get hit and are sniping from one end of algiers to the other and are aimed in the absolute center of someone's vest they will hit the person in the arms. of course no one aims in the perfect center of someone's vest, so this could either make them miss completely or get them a head shot. i do think that it should be a very slight penalty. 20o is way too much. i think a little randomness though would work out nicely if the person is getting shot.

#32 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 10 April 2004 - 09:23 PM

I think you people need to read the original post a bit better. It says it will take a random of anything up to 20 degrees, which means if you're lucky it's only 1 degree (= headshot) and unlucky you get fragged. Kinda like the psg when a kevlar/helmet shot was lethal 1 moment and unlethal the next... maybe introduce something similar for sr8 might also work, but 20 degrees ain't that much and less than it can't be that much of a problem.

What about lots of blood coming up the scope or something when u get shot in something else then kevlar or something ?

#33 Guest_QwertyG

Posted 10 April 2004 - 09:41 PM

Another good thing about this is it gives autoers the advantage they deserve if someone is stupid enough to use a sr8 in close range combat. Im sure sr8 was never meant to be used as a close range weapon and as such should have a disadvantage in this area. I mean long range they still gotta hit you which isnt really hard nor really easy so i dont see how its to big a problem overall.

#34 Guest_aegis|sbz

Posted 10 April 2004 - 09:49 PM

maybe we should just wait till the first release of etut cause ppl will be bitching abouthit bugs the first day.

and strafe sr8 jumps should just be banned

#35 User is offline   -SATAN- (old) Icon

Posted 10 April 2004 - 10:09 PM

you ppl ever read it good?? its gone be: jumpsniping back BUT with a hit penalty OR its nothing and it stays this way

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#36 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 10 April 2004 - 11:02 PM

Something like this would totally kill the psg1. It's only selling point is that you can fire consecutive shots. Really, the psg1 damage would need to be increased to compensate for this kind of penalty.

#37 Guest_Psyche911

Posted 11 April 2004 - 01:33 AM

SID, I think everyone is unclear on something. Will the player being shot throw all of the weapons off, or are we just talking about the SR8 here?

Either way, I think the weapons have a good balance right now. You don't see too many people using the SR8, and I have never thought jumpshots fit into the game, so I say leave it as-is. I don't see a need for any weapon to be changed. Q3UT 3.4 feels good, how about having a 1:1 port in the weapons too, please? Now quit changin' stuff, and get back to work on ETUT! :P
Just kiddin'. :D

#38 User is offline   -SATAN- (old) Icon

Posted 11 April 2004 - 02:19 AM

its bout Sr8 and PSG1 atm but realy annihilator PSG1 van shoot faster then a Sr8 cause of the bolt action so it has his good points and bad points but thats been this way for a little while now :lol:

#39 Guest_Anonymous

Posted 11 April 2004 - 02:33 AM

20o is to much i'd say 5-12o

#40 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 11 April 2004 - 02:58 AM

its bout Sr8 and PSG1 atm but realy annihilator PSG1 van shoot faster then a Sr8 cause of the bolt action so it has his good points and bad points but thats been this way for a little while now :lol:

I understand this, but where that second shot going to go after your rifle has kicked Xo.

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942