Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (11 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Future of the Sr8 Part Two

Poll: Mess with the sr8? (32 member(s) have cast votes)

Mess with the sr8?

1. Yay, this sounds good. (55 votes [48.67%])

Percentage of vote: 48.67%

2. Nay, don't like this change idea either. (58 votes [51.33%])

Percentage of vote: 51.33%

Vote

#21 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 10 April 2004 - 06:24 PM

Not just in pubs, but also definately in TS matches. I'm suprised you don't see it much in Bomb matches, because I do.

#22 Guest_panda

Posted 10 April 2004 - 06:30 PM

Anni...he is not saying that you aren't using it ffs :) ....But really look around...how many people REALLY uses it, and im not talking about once in a while on pubs when people get bored... But how many people uses it like i use sr8 and others use lr300 to take two examples

#23 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 10 April 2004 - 06:35 PM

If you want it to rot away like the HK69 change it like you want.

I was merely suggesting that it wasn't completely rotting away. HK69 takes a lot of practice and a lot of thought to be effective (and to not blow up all your teammates). But it can used in useful ways. I'll admit that not many people use it and also that we wouldn't want it to be as popular as the sr8 or lr. But it is a very effective anti sniper weapon.

#24 Guest_panda

Posted 10 April 2004 - 06:39 PM

hehe this is getting kinda off topic so this is the last im gonna write in this hk69 discussion :)

you say its a effective anti sniper weapon, well maybe you are a little right, but i would say you are very wrong (maybe 5 percent right and 95% wrong) :P

pff forgot to write this so i had to edit... : A very effective anti sniper weapon would be sr8 :)

#25 Guest_[=FPS=]m@X p@YNE

Posted 10 April 2004 - 06:42 PM

Ok! First off. Please please please dont tilt the angle, for the love of the game please dont do it. I use the SR8 regularly alternating between lr and sr8, mainly. Doing this will imho f*** everything up. I am all for making it a more "skilled" weapon to carry but hey..........

If you make it too difficult to handle no new players will take a liking to it and start praccying with it. I reckon it will then slowly fade away just like us old geezers who have no life other than fragging the crap out of silly little whingebags who cant stand the fact that the sr8 is the ultimate of weapons if handled correctly.

"IF IT IS NOT BROKEN..........WHY FIX IT??"

#26 User is offline   Peter Venkman (old) Icon

• LocationWestern NY

Posted 10 April 2004 - 06:47 PM

-
Im a little confused, so by getting the 'jumpshot' back, will the sr8 have the same movement penalty as running while strafe jumping? If thats the case, then I like the idea, although the 20o seems kinda harsh for the tradeoff.
-

#27 User is offline   Texas Gore (old) Icon

Posted 10 April 2004 - 06:54 PM

Hmmm...not sure on this. Ideally, Id like the sr8 of 2.6(a) back. I seem to remember less players using it then, but hey, maybe my memory aint so good... :P

#28 Guest_Raprap

Posted 10 April 2004 - 07:11 PM

:shock: omg i saw this topic and that made me join the forums :) i Would LOVE to be able to hit midair! that would make rusing easyer! maybe some ppl will camp but they will camp no matter and a good UrT player will be able to kill a camper with ease! and maybe ppl would stop screaming about lame snipers if we got the "20 degree" handicap :)

#29 User is offline   LORD OF DOOM (old) Icon

Posted 10 April 2004 - 08:08 PM

If you want it to rot away like the HK69 change it like you want.

I was merely suggesting that it wasn't completely rotting away. HK69 takes a lot of practice and a lot of thought to be effective (and to not blow up all your teammates). But it can used in useful ways. I'll admit that not many people use it and also that we wouldn't want it to be as popular as the sr8 or lr. But it is a very effective anti sniper weapon.

Play 1.27 and use that HK69.... it was too effective in the hands of smart people like the SR-8 is now it was changed and never became back like it was.... usefull

#30 Guest_QwertyG

Posted 10 April 2004 - 09:18 PM

OMG YES, finally something is being done to help autoers against campin sr8 whores. Good job, changes sound nice.

People are gonna camp regardless, at least this may help cut down on people camping choke points with sr8s for pretty damn easy kills. I mean you can hit a sniper a few times and they can still get off a lucky ass shot and kill you, I dont see how thats fair.

Its a 1 shot kill gun and needs to have some kind of penalties on it. I mean as it stands now there arent very many for a gun so powerful. PSG is great but yet I see hardly anyone use it, its not useless, neither is the HK, but yet no one uses them cause there simply looking for a way to get easy ass kills, and thats why people love the sr8 so damn much. Its great that that looking into tweaking this gun, GJ.

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942