Advertisement
  • (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Future of the Sr8 Part Two

Poll: Mess with the sr8? (32 member(s) have cast votes)

Mess with the sr8?

1. Yay, this sounds good. (55 votes [48.67%])

Percentage of vote: 48.67%

2. Nay, don't like this change idea either. (58 votes [51.33%])

Percentage of vote: 51.33%

Vote

#41 Guest_Fumle

Posted 11 April 2004 - 03:49 AM

I am a rail-whore and I really enjoy playing Instagib. It sounds like the proposed idea will make the SR8 even more like a railgun, however it will also make the sniper a lot more vulnerable.

In Instagib I strafe around and seldom do shots where I stand still, I do not think I am wrong when I say most of my kills come from jump-shots.

When I do pick the SR8 in UrT, I usually go without kevlar vest so I can gain the extra stamina. I use the stamina for strafing like a bunny on speed, so I defiantly do not camp.

How I see the game when/if the new modifications are made:
- Chances of me getting a second shot, if I miss the first, are very slim, I like the extra challenge.
- I can now kill while moving at high speed, also something I will like.

Now to sum the consequences:
- We get extremely easy snipers to kill, if you just spray the first shot.
- We get snipers with extreme firepower that will kill you, if you get into their scope.

#42 User is offline   Mav (old) Icon

• LocationGreenwood, Nova Scotia, Canada

Posted 11 April 2004 - 04:48 AM

I'd prefer it if the sr8 unzoomed while jumping and moving as it should. If that don't happen, just fix the pass thru shots to the head and the waist, and leave it alone otherwise.

#43 User is offline   Dark Devil (old) Icon

• LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 11 April 2004 - 05:55 AM

Sounds good.

#44 Guest_Ev!L

Posted 11 April 2004 - 06:44 AM

NO!
Not good ... :evil:
I really dont care much about the kickback, but the idea of shootin' and keepin' the weapon zoomed is totally lame, plz dont do that .. at least add a cvar for each client choice.

:(

#45 User is offline   sixtyVolts (old) Icon

Posted 11 April 2004 - 07:31 AM

I'd have to actually try it out or see it in action before I could make an opinion on these trade-offs.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#46 User is offline   mrp (old) Icon

• Locationuk

Posted 11 April 2004 - 09:38 AM

[quote name='"Annihilator"]Something like this would totally kill the psg1. It's only selling point is that you can fire consecutive shots. Really' date=' the psg1 damage would need to be increased to compensate for this kind of penalty.[/quote']

i think alot of ppl miss out on the fact that u can jump like a bast*rd with the psg ... a good player with psg can hit and b hard to hit by jumping madly whenever u see a player .. but getting 2 shots to hit consecutively before you are f00fed is mad hard.. But i agree .. by giving back the sr8 its jumpshots you will only rob the psg of its only advantage, its not like ANYBODY uses it at the moment.. least not euro side.

#47 User is offline   Roadkill (old) Icon

• Locationroyal.stockholm.se

Posted 11 April 2004 - 09:39 AM

I am a rail-whore and I really enjoy playing Instagib. It sounds like the proposed idea will make the SR8 even more like a railgun, however it will also make the sniper a lot more vulnerable.

In Instagib I strafe around and seldom do shots where I stand still, I do not think I am wrong when I say most of my kills come from jump-shots.

When I do pick the SR8 in UrT, I usually go without kevlar vest so I can gain the extra stamina. I use the stamina for strafing like a bunny on speed, so I defiantly do not camp.

How I see the game when/if the new modifications are made:
- Chances of me getting a second shot, if I miss the first, are very slim, I like the extra challenge.
- I can now kill while moving at high speed, also something I will like.

Now to sum the consequences:
- We get extremely easy snipers to kill, if you just spray the first shot.
- We get snipers with extreme firepower that will kill you, if you get into their scope.

Now, that rant clearly explains our high amount of losses lately :shock:

#48 Guest_Fumle

Posted 11 April 2004 - 10:57 AM

Dude, I can't worry about winning when I'm busy jumping :)

#49 User is offline   MeNoPausE (old) Icon

• LocationNew York, NY

Posted 11 April 2004 - 11:04 AM

I just have to add that we should leave the sr8 as it is w/o jumpshots, it is a good disadvantage for it but I don't know why it needs to be penalized anymore then it is now? If your playing against skilled autoers and you miss your first shot and they know your position, your toast. This has been a dead horse getting beaten beyond recognition and to kill the back and forth between autoers and snipers lets leave things be. The advantages and disadvantages seem pretty realistic and fair as they are. I love the sr8 but I don't stick with that one weapon, different maps require different strategies and you have to choose your weaponry and accessories accordingly. Based on the terrain or whether you are in close quarters can make the difference between a useful weapon and a useless one. The way things are now, I don't see the sr8 needing any change at all. Sniping will never go away, no matter how hard people try to hold it down... One last thing I don't understand though. The penalty change for the sr8 proposed seems to only help autoers in a close up battle where any sniper is going to change to his secondary most likely anyway. How would the pitch change penalty help autoers much in a far battle, or help them anymore then the penalties already applied for the sr8???

#50 Guest_panda

Posted 11 April 2004 - 11:52 AM

lol, i think one of the guys in this discussion wrote it perfectly... He wrote something like "finally some help to the autos against thoose camping sr8s"...something like that. And its true...its all that its about... Half of the poeple voting yes want to make sr8 worse so they can do better with lr,m4,ak,g36...the other half of the people see ":OOO sr8 jump shot back" and they get blinded from realising what this is.....A 20o raise would make the weapon useless vs g36 and people coming from the side spraying 1 hit and so on.

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942