• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Must See Movies... Rate Topic: ***-- 2 Votes

#21 User is offline   Yas Icon

• Account: yas

Posted 09 January 2010 - 03:11 PM

In Bruges is a great choice!

thanks for the tips Schuby, i'll look into them. I loved Ronin, so i'm expecting just as high quality from the other films on your list.
I watch anything from Studio Ghibli (especially Miyazaki... even though I find it had to find anything topping Princess Mononoke)
All the old Kurosawa films are great.

never go wrong with these (i always watch them when they come on tv):
Memento
The Usual Suspects

Last film to make me cry:
Gran Torino

Also: Jackie Chan is the worlds greatest entertainer. Some of his Hollywood stuff is hit and miss, but his old stuff still give me that warm fuzzy feeling inside.

#22 User is offline   Genesis Icon

• Account: genesis
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 09 January 2010 - 03:54 PM

howl's moving castle
17:32 slackin • i fire blanks

View PostBladeKiller, on 05 December 2011 - 10:46 PM, said:

There is no funstuff in HD.

#23 User is offline   speckknoedelsup (old) Icon

Posted 09 January 2010 - 07:53 PM

Leon the proffesional (directors cut)
Elfenlied (it's a series 13ep)
memento
Let the right one in
once upon a time in the west

any film directed by luc besson

#24 User is offline   Se7eN (old) Icon

Posted 09 January 2010 - 08:01 PM

yeah memento is awesome, i needed to watch it multiple time to get everything right :D

also

donnie darko
sweeney todd
MicroFvck Haterz >:]

#25 User is offline   Solitary Icon

•   former FS member   
    Programmer
  • Account: solitary
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:06 AM

Princess Mononoke is indeed very good, another comparable albeit not movie but anime is Gankutsuou its a very good 24 episode series.

Donnie Darko is on my to watch list :) heard good things about it.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   .:KEYHOLE:. (old) Icon

• LocationTrois-Rivieres, Quebec, Canada

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:08 AM

Kill Bill 1 & 2

#27 User is offline   Se7eN (old) Icon

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:23 AM

but watchout, donnie darko's sequel ( S. darko if i recall correctly ) is really but REALLY bad :P
MicroFvck Haterz >:]

#28 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:14 AM

spare me the self-righteous bs of elitist reviewers; don't tell me that movie with a dark bunny in the woods is even good; it's like that clockwork orange movie; just because it has a kid busting people with a bat and United Kingdom banned, doesn't mean it's good; Kubrick was only a good photographer [first that used double width film] that got lucky in picking a few scripts, mainly 2001; some s%$t he's done is really weak; e.g. Barry Lyndon, damn that s%$t was weak, exposed the hack.

edit: lynch, what a hack. screw shocking value, destroys art.

aronofsky, rightful aire.

now, cronenberg, that's some real art over there; watch existenz, you don't even have to be high.

This post has been edited by mitsubishi: 10 January 2010 - 01:23 AM

#29 User is offline   SubJunk Icon

• Account: subjunk

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:23 AM

Vanilla Sky - Needs full attention for full appreciation, it can be hard to grasp, very twisty, realistic sci-fi.
Triangle - Same as above, it's an intelligent sci-fi thriller, and I recommend watching it twice (the second time is like watching a sequel).
Pandorum - Interesting story, great suspense, unseen plot twists, not as intelligent as the previous two but still interesting, sci-fi.
Pan's Labyrinth - A Spanish film, this was listed as the best film of 2006 by most critics, and has a 100% Rotten Tomato rating with top critics, which is rare. It's a fantasy, not overly intelligent (which keeps it accessible to everyone) but is very atmospheric, engaging, mixes two stories together and feeds your imagination.
Let the Right One In - A foreign film, it's a very unique twist on a vampire story, if you liked Twilight then go away (and die :P), you won't like this. Has a 97% Rotten Tomato rating.
Ink - Great metaphors throughout, it's like a dual-reality adult fairy tail type movie, stylish, emotional, fantasy/sci-fi.
Reservoir Dogs - Typical Tarantino film; if you watch it for events you may be disappointed, but if you watch it for acting and dialogue quality you will love it.
Inglourious Basterds - Someone already said it but spelled it wrong. Another Tarantino one, but it's recent and therefore more exciting in less-subtle ways, as well as the subtle ways.
Sin City - The story's OK, but this is basically all about style. If you enjoy different films with fairly unique (or what was at the time fairly unique) direction, this is for you.

This post has been edited by SubJunk: 10 January 2010 - 01:24 AM

#30 User is offline   Solitary Icon

•   former FS member   
    Programmer
  • Account: solitary
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:27 AM

Lol mitsubishi Kubrick was a great director, most actors/actresses that worked with him said the same thing. All his movies were meticulously put together, he was a perfectionist and nothing short of one. I loved all of his movies, guess it's just a matter of personal preference.

Also The Sopranos another amazing television series.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942