• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Dead State Fix in 4.2? Rate Topic: -----

Continuity's importance, dead or alive.

#1 User is offline   Amiga777 Icon

• Account: amiga777

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:31 PM

Hey,

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but it's been on my mind awhile. When a player gets killed at least one thing (if they are WEARING it) is retained when the player is looking at their lifeless body: kevlar. This appears to be a problem for those who desire to sport other things, like a helmet and TAC goggles. Sure in reality, a helmet may fall off before or after a fallen soldier hits the ground (nice if an animation of that occurred by chance), but the goggles are tied 'round the head.

As I do use TACs a lot, I haven't been fond of seeing my face without them, when i'm fragged. If this can be fixed in 4.2 (before its too late) that would be great. Plus, those who don't watch im the upper left corner the text that says who recently got fragged, may be confused if they find a body, that looks a lot like themselves or other ppl. A little variety helps.

P.S.: Also, for the record, when one gets headshot'd w/o a helmet, they lose their head...but, the head can't be found anywhere. There are ten-year-old games like Blue Stinger out there where if you headshot the zombies, the head comes off, you'll still find the head on the floor not to far away (until you enter another room).

That'd be neat if both the lost head and dead body would stay around for a bit. It may be considered too much for this [already] M-rated MMOFPS, but may be neat to try in at least one of these versions...

This post has been edited by Amiga777: 23 February 2010 - 02:54 PM

#2 User is offline   Vortex (old) Icon

Posted 23 February 2010 - 03:11 PM

I could live without seeing a players head on the ground, but F1 to the idea of retaining the players gear when they die. It would be nice if the devs could shed some light on this, as I have often had the same thought, Amiga.

<iCu|sodtheone> HELLLLLLLOOOOOOOOO BABY
<_FatChick> oh hey. I was fraggin
<_FatChick> FYI im not fat or a chick
<iCu|sodtheone> OH :(
<iCu|sodtheone> y must u crush my dreams?

#3 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:08 PM

yes.

View PostAmiga777, on 23 February 2010 - 01:31 PM, said:

lose their head...but, the head can't be found anywhere

no, for that, the head explodes and scatters into nothingness hence you find no head; hence a proper implementation would be to show lots of blood splatter in surrounding walls/objects.

anyone watching Dexter? 8-)

#4 User is offline   Green Viking Icon

• Account: greenviking

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:57 PM

i honestly couldnt care less about something like this. it wont make the game anymore fun to play for me. and im sure they got other more serious bugs to fix :P

#5 User is offline   Yas Icon

• Account: yas

Posted 23 February 2010 - 05:14 PM

View Postmitsubishi, on 23 February 2010 - 04:08 PM, said:

anyone watching Dexter? Posted Image

lets wrap everyone in cling film and play knife stabbing only.

the medics and those with kevlars still have the outfits/decals, why cant the funstuffers too :<

#6 User is offline   Dark-knight Icon

• Account: darkknight

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:24 PM

View PostAmiga777, on 23 February 2010 - 01:31 PM, said:

Hey,

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but it's been on my mind awhile. When a player gets killed at least one thing (if they are WEARING it) is retained when the player is looking at their lifeless body: kevlar. This appears to be a problem for those who desire to sport other things, like a helmet and TAC goggles. Sure in reality, a helmet may fall off before or after a fallen soldier hits the ground (nice if an animation of that occurred by chance), but the goggles are tied 'round the head.

As I do use TACs a lot, I haven't been fond of seeing my face without them, when i'm fragged. If this can be fixed in 4.2 (before its too late) that would be great. Plus, those who don't watch im the upper left corner the text that says who recently got fragged, may be confused if they find a body, that looks a lot like themselves or other ppl. A little variety helps.

P.S.: Also, for the record, when one gets headshot'd w/o a helmet, they lose their head...but, the head can't be found anywhere. There are ten-year-old games like Blue Stinger out there where if you headshot the zombies, the head comes off, you'll still find the head on the floor not to far away (until you enter another room).

That'd be neat if both the lost head and dead body would stay around for a bit. It may be considered too much for this [already] M-rated MMOFPS, but may be neat to try in at least one of these versions...

this would be an awesome way to get rid of little snooby 13 year olds. make it so you have to put a rating on it so kids can't play M rated games.

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 09 September 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

there are no flaws in Urban Terror, only features.

#7 User is offline   Vortex (old) Icon

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:42 PM

I think it should be 17 ;)

<iCu|sodtheone> HELLLLLLLOOOOOOOOO BABY
<_FatChick> oh hey. I was fraggin
<_FatChick> FYI im not fat or a chick
<iCu|sodtheone> OH :(
<iCu|sodtheone> y must u crush my dreams?

#8 User is offline   satiable Icon

• Account: satiable

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:49 AM

View PostDark-knight, on 24 February 2010 - 11:24 PM, said:

make it so you have to put a rating on it so kids can't play M rated games.

So you're saying that you don't wanna be able to play this game anymore?

F1!

#9 User is offline   Delirium Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: delirium

Posted 25 February 2010 - 01:03 AM

View Postsatiable, on 25 February 2010 - 12:49 AM, said:

So you're saying that you don't wanna be able to play this game anymore?

F1!

qft

#10 User is offline   Dark-knight Icon

• Account: darkknight

Posted 25 February 2010 - 01:38 AM

no i will still play it but the little kids parents are not going to let them play it because of it "rating" so that gets rid of about 65% of whiny brats.

i don't whine.

This post has been edited by Dark-knight: 25 February 2010 - 02:25 AM

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 09 September 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

there are no flaws in Urban Terror, only features.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942