• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[MAP - BETA 7] PANDORA Rate Topic: ***** 2 Votes

#31 User is offline   Kolossus Icon

• Account: kolossus

Posted 21 December 2010 - 03:52 PM

It reminds me of UT2004 maps... good old times...

A question, how did you make the metal path in the middle of corridors for example?

#32 User is offline   Rylius Icon

• Account: rylius
  • Main tag: CMM|

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:35 PM

Mirror: http://hazewood.de/q..._pandora_b7.pk3

Love the little details you added, those redish decals are neat. Flashes on the skybox are just awesome :)

#33 User is offline   skaz Icon

•   former FS member   
    Level Designer
  • Account: skaz

Posted 21 December 2010 - 06:16 PM

View Postkolossus, on 21 December 2010 - 03:52 PM, said:

A question, how did you make the metal path in the middle of corridors for example?

There are three brushes, the right and the left ones with the same texture and the middle one with a different texture. Then, I adapted the texture size and the texture position to the brushes.

This version includes specular and normal textures (made by solitary) for the new graphic effects. :smile:

This post has been edited by skaz: 21 December 2010 - 09:32 PM

#34 User is offline   kronic Icon

• Account: kronic
  • Main tag:

Posted 22 December 2010 - 04:34 AM

Just a thought, since the map is so small... can you put in a door to go out side in the middle

#35 User is offline   MajkiFajki Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: majkifajki

Posted 04 March 2011 - 02:39 PM

I have this map on my server in TS mode. Works brilliant. Any chances to update? It's beta7 for now:)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#36 User is offline   cyboerg Icon

• Account: cyboerg

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:49 AM

This would be awesome CTF map even for leagues like uzl. Just make cap abit harder, make few sliding doors like in orbital, There we have such a nice map for competive play :)

IMO also some cool and shiny urban terror and/or urban zone logos would be nice on walls. =)

Gj!

#37 User is offline   loran Icon

• Account: loran

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:21 PM

View PostNulL, on 01 August 2010 - 03:49 PM, said:

There really is no excuse in this day and age for building a map in a massive box that encapsulates the whole map. Really, really no excuse. The problems with putting your map in a box include:
  • Bloated .bsp file
  • Extra redundant lightmap data - bloats peoples texture memory
  • Extra redundant renderable surfaces - slows peoples fps
  • Reduced VIS accuracy, or no VIS in the case of your map - really fucks up fps
If you want your map to be taken seriously, i can't tell you how much I recommend fixing this. If I was you, the first thing I would do the next time I open the map in radiant is fix this.

blablablabla... very constructiv comment! Please, explain how to fix every point you re speaking about or don't say anything. Send good tutorials url. Don't just say "there is no excuses"! Of course there is with people like you. Oh you now how to fix this this?! goood for you!Just wander over forums and tell everyone you know it better but keep it secret.
there is no excuse to be so stupid.

#38 User is offline   MajkiFajki Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:37 PM

NulL is one of the best mapper out there - he's like a God - he's harsh, but he's fair. Do some research with Google or kindly ask him for some links. If someone has so much knowlege and he's willing to share with people for free - he deserve some respect.

#39 User is offline   Rayne Icon

• Account: rayne

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:14 AM

View Postloran, on 02 April 2011 - 11:21 PM, said:

blablablabla... very constructiv comment! Please, explain how to fix every point you re speaking about or don't say anything. Send good tutorials url. Don't just say "there is no excuses"! Of course there is with people like you. Oh you now how to fix this this?! goood for you!Just wander over forums and tell everyone you know it better but keep it secret.
there is no excuse to be so stupid.

Are you aware of the fact he has written a crap load of tutorials, been active in Q3 and UrT communities for well over a decade.
And while you're barely able to create a LEGO like map he knows the shader manual backwards?

Perhaps if you knew how to use this magical thing called GOOGLE you'd find a tutorial on how to put a map in something other then a box.

Yeah Null why are you like that. Why are you keeping this a secret, tell us all how not to put a map in a box.

#40 User is offline   MajkiFajki Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:17 AM

Guys - I have found nothing.

http://www.tinyurl.pl?3anuQMRz

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942