UrT Game Suggestions Rate Topic: ****- 1 Votes

Suggestions for UrT's game play

#41 User is offline   Kolossus Icon

• Account: kolossus

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:19 AM

View Postlethalparasite89, on 25 October 2010 - 01:32 AM, said:

Okay, this is asking a lot, but I think this'll help out UrT a lot

[LIST HERE - Removed for space]

Some of these suggestions are really just random. The graphics engine, ok, is not the latest but if you knew how Urban Terror was born, then you would understand why it is what it is. And in the end, it's not bad. And it's free.

So it is for the water, by the way, it already splashes a bit when you jump in :P ahah

Option for bulles holes to stay entire game: This doesn't work even in the latest games. To be able to do this you should have a beast, not a computer. Because for you they're "holes", for the CPU they're "things that I need to render every second"... That's a huge work trust me, it will slow down the game till the impossible. There's a reason why in the option you can set a maximum of 20 seconds. :biggrin:

Don't Get tired when sprinting: Eh? Sorry but this sounds kind of unrealistic... and would unbalance the game. The breathing sound when you're tired int he game is a cool feature in my opinion, you can "acknowledge" a foe's presence by that! :D

Being able to go prone: This is not a bad idea, but the game is fast-paced, it wouldn't be much used in my opinion. Slower-playing games might need this more.

Friend or Foe ID system for Tactical Goggles: If it was for me I would have already removed the Tac-goggles. I hate it when some players spam smoke nades and put those tac on :| Plus, if they're your teammates, when you die you need to follow them in the game and you all see in green, damaging my poor eyes.

About all the gore, I don't want a horror game, plus this is a game also underage people can play so...

I just wanted to "reply" to some things. eheh No offence intended!

#43 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:56 AM

^It'd be interesting to hear what are those problems in 4.1, but I understand it might be better to disclose those next to a 4.2 release since people may become crazy about the 'suckiness of 4.1' so I'll understand if you don't.

#44 User is offline   v3l Icon

• Account: v3l

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:50 PM

I've many and all pretty filled with common sense :P

-make this 4.2 real. We've grown tired waiting. ^^
-working netcode.

Said this, i'd go for changes:

-Higher contrast/ better xhairs. Colors are "tedious" for those with chromatic issues like me. My eyes are fucked, i know, some help would be welcome.

-Higher or lower Spread. Dunno 2.3->2.5 weapons felt like harder to control, more skill in it. Absolutly lower MP with LRs and such.Right now spraying with autos feels too random.

-100 or nothing MP with SR8(or replacement). 50% random shots while strafing. C'mon doesn't make any sense. Adds ton of randomness wich we all don't want.

-LAsers. Bonuses from it are way too big.

-Give us back the chance to remove muzzleflash. Playing without seeing our weapons on hud is like "fuc*ing with somonelese penis"

-G36 accuracy while scoped. Ahh we do all miss the ol' good headpopping times with older g36. Pity we did it while the game was goddamn screwed. (3.7 did everyone forgot ?).

-Generally, weapon balance. Time ago u would've seen (in a clanwar of course) ppl using PSG, m4, spas, ump,mp5, g36 and sr8. Everything but HK. Every weapon had a sense. What about now? 4/5 LRs and 1 Sr8. Both sides. 3/5LRs and 2/5Sr8s on Casa et simila. 5/5 LRs on Pike. What the hell? time passed and we reduced the effective arsenal. Sounds weird.

-Arms hits. WTF? Legs hit can be actually usefull, but arms hit is just "ffs f*****g hits i aimed the torso and got stupid arms" 12% damage (or worse) wasted. Would u be so kind to add something like idunnowhat kind of crippling effect? a Light one would be cool.

-(the whole LCD universe asks for it) A WORKING V-SYNC! not the actual junk full of lag. Really, tearing is evil. Tearing is a creature of Satan. And we don't want Mephisto running wild every 0.XXXX secs from the top to the bottom of our monitors.Ow, and in-game FSAA/AF toggle, if possible!

-IRON SIGHTS! No. I'm kidding. I hate this coddish trash.

-Remove wallclips above the narrow on Casa. I just hate the easy kiddy sniping at narrow, considering how unbalanced is that part of the map. HE would send flying the take-a-easy-kill shooters. And reduce the insane amount of camping that only casa can produce.-

-Absolutly more Tpike-ish maps.But without the irritating pillars.PPl die in the pillars, here in Italy.

#45 User is offline   lebbra Icon

• Account: lebbra
  • Main tag: bw|

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:57 PM

There is some incoherence in your post v3l.
From one side you ask for a release ASAP, on the other side you would like almost all the UrT code should be rewritten.

Are you speaking about 4.3 maybe? :biggrin:
aka Dead f.S. - aka |CoN|-=V0l3ur=-, Playing UrT from 2001 - RedCap bot Developer

[img]http://www.dead.it/UrT/logop.png[/img]

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#46 User is offline   v3l Icon

• Account: v3l

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:19 PM

I don't think it would cause such a trouble to edit a few lines of code.

p.s.: i remember how those "informations" like damage, splash damage, impact type,etc etc, were easy to see in the old .pk3 packages. Now i think it's all included and kept secret in one of the .qvm files. I'm actually guessing, so i have no idea :S

#47 User is offline   Imp Icon

• Account: imp

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:48 PM

No set spawns for TDM. I don't know about you guys, but I find TDM sort of boring with set spawns. You stay on one side of the map the entire game and most of the time just get trapped inside the spawn as people pick you off over and over.

#49 User is offline   Solitary Icon

•   former FS member   
    Programmer
  • Account: solitary
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:24 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 02 November 2010 - 05:53 PM, said:

This insures that the hit mesh will always be glued to the player model regardless of the current state of the network connection between server and client. This includes the server going out of sync as well prevents anyone from knowingly glitching the animation to avoid hit shots.

Hallelujah!

If I recall correctly during the closed beta stage and even afterwards of Quake Live id software was often updating the hitmesh alongside modifying net settings.

This post has been edited by Solitary: 03 November 2010 - 05:24 PM

#50 User is offline   Solitary Icon

•   former FS member   
    Programmer
  • Account: solitary
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:35 PM

View Postv3l, on 02 November 2010 - 02:50 PM, said:

I've many and all pretty filled with common sense :P

-make this 4.2 real. We've grown tired waiting. ^^ patience
-working netcode. agreed I'd personally also like to see sv_fps raised aswell, there is a clear cut benefit in doing so. I understand unlagged may have to be modified to make this happen so it can remain a more long term goal.

Said this, i'd go for changes:

-Higher contrast/ better xhairs. Colors are "tedious" for those with chromatic issues like me. My eyes are fucked, i know, some help would be welcome. Quake Live does have a brightness option for the crosshairs -- this maybe something to look into. Also if possible raise the resolution on the crosshair sprites, I'm sick of seeing blurry crosshairs :(

-Higher or lower Spread. Dunno 2.3->2.5 weapons felt like harder to control, more skill in it. Absolutly lower MP with LRs and such.Right now spraying with autos feels too random. The current spread/recoil is fine, it is supposed to be random.

-100 or nothing MP with SR8(or replacement). 50% random shots while strafing. C'mon doesn't make any sense. Adds ton of randomness wich we all don't want. cg_scopering: use it to aim while having 50% MP

-LAsers. Bonuses from it are way too big. debatable. but thats a part of the weapon balance and currently the balancing on the items is perfect. It isn't possible to make one setup perfect, your team has to take up different roles etc. If you would like me to elaborate on this further just ask.

-Give us back the chance to remove muzzleflash. Playing without seeing our weapons on hud is like "fuc*ing with somonelese penis" Stop drawing your gun, personally I think its great the devs left muzzleflash on only along with removing fastsky. More standardization will go a long with with UrT.

-G36 accuracy while scoped. Ahh we do all miss the ol' good headpopping times with older g36. Pity we did it while the game was goddamn screwed. (3.7 did everyone forgot ?). I'm not sure about europe but in North America there are lots of players who are very good with the g36 and capable of turning the tide in matches using it.

-Generally, weapon balance. Time ago u would've seen (in a clanwar of course) ppl using PSG, m4, spas, ump,mp5, g36 and sr8. Everything but HK. Every weapon had a sense. What about now? 4/5 LRs and 1 Sr8. Both sides. 3/5LRs and 2/5Sr8s on Casa et simila. 5/5 LRs on Pike. What the hell? time passed and we reduced the effective arsenal. Sounds weird. I'll agree with this, although the weapons are different I think putting more emphasis on these small differences could result in alot more weapon diversity.

-Arms hits. WTF? Legs hit can be actually usefull, but arms hit is just "ffs f*****g hits i aimed the torso and got stupid arms" 12% damage (or worse) wasted. Would u be so kind to add something like idunnowhat kind of crippling effect? a Light one would be cool. What is "a Light one"? I think arm hits are a part of the game, personally I almost never hit arms almost always kevlar.

-(the whole LCD universe asks for it) A WORKING V-SYNC! not the actual junk full of lag. Really, tearing is evil. Tearing is a creature of Satan. And we don't want Mephisto running wild every 0.XXXX secs from the top to the bottom of our monitors.Ow, and in-game FSAA/AF toggle, if possible! In game AA/AF for sure please. I don't know why you would be using vsync though if you get more than 75 FPS. But if it does tear on 120hz that is very strange. Look into Triple Buffering

-IRON SIGHTS! No. I'm kidding. I hate this coddish trash.

-Remove wallclips above the narrow on Casa. I just hate the easy kiddy sniping at narrow, considering how unbalanced is that part of the map. HE would send flying the take-a-easy-kill shooters. And reduce the insane amount of camping that only casa can produce.- This I could not agree more with. Removing the useless weapclips ontop of maps would work wonders for gameplay. I remember when you used to be able from one side of narrow hallway on casa to the other. Too bad so many North American players complained about nading over the walls and effectively got it removed(if memory is correct).

-Absolutly more Tpike-ish maps.But without the irritating pillars.PPl die in the pillars, here in Italy.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942