Urban Terror Forums: Some hint on Mitsubishi optimized exe. - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (31 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Some hint on Mitsubishi optimized exe. Rate Topic: -----

#291 User is offline   Notono Icon

• Account: notono

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:36 AM

Hi, I use Debian Squeeze/Sid, I just downloaded the files and extracted it... when running ioq3-urt I get this on the crashlog

ioq3-urt for linux i386 (Dec 19 2010 18:54:52)
Couldn't load default.cfg

I thought that that file was like the q3config file, so I created the default.cfg with all the same commands as the q3config.cfg and tried running UrT again and got this message:

ioq3-urt for linux i386 (Dec 19 2010 18:54:52)
running for 0days 0h 0m and 1s
* VBO Initialized
* dmaHD Audio Enabled
^1ERROR: Could not open "sound/feedback/hit.wav"
^3WARNING: could not find sound/feedback/hit.wav - using default
Failed.
----- Client Shutdown (Client fatal crashed: VM_Create on UI failed) -----
Closing SDL audio device...
SDL audio device shut down.
-----------------------
VM_Create on UI failed

Any ideas?

#292 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:24 AM

That's the common error of not finding the q3ut4 files. Put it[the binary and other contents] where the ioUrT binary is. Or otherwise use +set fs_basepath.

This post has been edited by mitsubishi: 20 December 2010 - 11:02 AM

#293 User is offline   PyroBor Icon

• Account: pyrobor

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:23 AM

I noticed that sometimes it translate also nickname of the player. At least I think I saw that :P Is that possible ? is nickname also parsed to google translate? Because I think nicknames of players shouldn't be translated.
[img]http://cache.www.gam...9A15-FFCC00.png[/img]
It is all about fun!

#294 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:06 PM

It is, and I find it funny to be honest. But perhaps it could be changed.

#295 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 22 December 2010 - 05:14 PM

View PostPyroBor, on 21 December 2010 - 08:23 AM, said:

I noticed that sometimes it translate also nickname of the player. At least I think I saw that :P Is that possible ? is nickname also parsed to google translate? Because I think nicknames of players shouldn't be translated.

I had that altered today. It cuts the message into two parts and only translates the one with the message. A nice side effect is that the name can have a different color. Also, google may be smarter if its translation isn't distorted by an irrelevant part.

It only needs to avoid some quirks in initial grepping of messages (since there's no access to mod code). I'm researching it.

This post has been edited by mitsubishi: 22 December 2010 - 05:16 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#296 User is offline   rotarychainsaw Icon

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:23 PM

Does this work with 4.1.1? I am getting a crash on some maps with the simpleshaders turned on. Also, the textures looks weird with the new renderer, lots of crosshatch patterns and weird stuff. I was going to mess around with the ATI drivers and see if I could get it to smooth out again. Additionally, when going back to 4.1 and trying simple shaders, I could not see fancy water in Rammelle. That map will work right? Does ati not play nice?

#297 User is offline   foxylady Icon

• Account: foxylady

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:57 PM

Hi! Sometime ago i posted this: post and i didn't get solved yet. I think it is related with the optimized executable. Maybe there is someone here who can help me ;)

#298 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:55 AM

View Postrotarychainsaw, on 27 January 2011 - 09:23 PM, said:

Does this work with 4.1.1? I am getting a crash on some maps with the simpleshaders turned on. Also, the textures looks weird with the new renderer, lots of crosshatch patterns and weird stuff. I was going to mess around with the ATI drivers and see if I could get it to smooth out again. Additionally, when going back to 4.1 and trying simple shaders, I could not see fancy water in Rammelle. That map will work right? Does ati not play nice?

Use the vanilla renderer downloads, but I guess you know that since you knew how to switch simple shaders.

The story is simple: urt becomes proprietary, the 'bumpy'/pre-HD renderer this uses will not be updated to GPL most probably hence we can't do much about it.

(and 4.1.1 may be affected)

We could be trying to reverse-engineer it, but is it worth it? It may not even be legal.

#299 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:58 AM

View Postfoxylady, on 27 January 2011 - 09:57 PM, said:

Hi! Sometime ago i posted this: post and i didn't get solved yet. I think it is related with the optimized executable. Maybe there is someone here who can help me ;)

This appears to be a generic issue with the window manager/video driver/x-server/SDL subsystems. (ioquake3 does generic stuff to bring up windows via SDL so it's 99.9% they can't do anything about it)

#300 User is offline   gEnia Icon

• Account: genia

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:50 PM

Hi Mitsubishi, over many month of testing I can assert that only with your bin (and only with them) my system suddenly, during the game, power off. No log. Seems like no power. I've tried everything. Just to tell you.

Nothing strange during normal use or with standard urt bin. (3 users) 16/24 on.

UPS SMART APC 1000
Thermaltake PSU 700W (179W used)
quad core intel
Changed video card nvidia GeForce GTS 250 (8800 gts before)
Changed lot's of driver
Changed lot's of kernel
opensuse 11.2 kde

Any ideas? Something to try?

• (31 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942