• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Learn Level Design Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#41 User is offline   Swiiitan Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: swiiitan
  • Main tag: wG*

Posted 25 June 2011 - 01:53 PM

thx rob :) and thx picola i needed that :)
Ingame: Swiiitan
Clan: **Saft

#42 User is offline   MajkiFajki Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: majkifajki

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:26 PM

I like text tutorials. Long, comprehensive and explaining subject "deep". Pics are not necessary.

#43 User is offline   xandaxs Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: xandaxs
  • Main tag: CMM|

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:31 PM

Totally disagree maj...

But well, it's different opinions about the same subject.
Maybe it'd be good to have text tutorials along with images and Videos?
So it is both deep with information and clear on realization?

#44 User is offline   MajkiFajki Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: majkifajki

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:51 PM

My nickname - it has two parts
majki - and - fajki:D

Well - If You want to learn how to make car chair, that's okay. If You want to learn how to make car as a whole - this means hard, boring work.

My personal opinion, no insult intended.

#45 User is offline   xandaxs Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: xandaxs
  • Main tag: CMM|

Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:24 AM

I believe 1st of all we should be very grateful the FS team released some tutorials for the whole community to learn.
They did more than they had to, all along, and we often forget it..

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#47 User is offline   LynXIII Icon

• Account: lynxiii
  • Main tag: C.M.M.

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:47 PM

Requesting a tutorial regarding HD mapping.

Such as shader-examples for fancywater, bumpy-texture/shader stuff (how to make them in gimp/Paint.NET or whatever). Also compiling tips and whatever else there is to it that I can't remeber right now or even don't know yet.

I know there are topics in the forum about that already, but a short summary in this tutorial section would be great. Even if its only a link collection.

Thanks in advance :biggrin:

#48 User is offline   cec. Icon

• Account: cec
  • Main tag: C.M.M.

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:20 PM

I just thought about some topics you can write about. As LyncXIII mentioned, a tutorial about mapping in HD would be great. What has changed in comparison to mapping in 4.1? We know about that nice bump-mapping feature that 27 implemented but are there any other things mappers should know? Are there any new entities – I read something about cubemap_probe (and what is its/are their function(s))? Will you upload a new urbanterror.def for UrT HD (or at least the currently latest that version of it that every mapper has the same .def-file because at the moment you have to download it from other sources and sometimes it’s not the same)? Generally, it would be good for new mappers to open a download area in which you can download all the files needed to start mapping (or at least give links to Radiant/etc.)

And I’d like to see a tutorial about lighting. How to get a good lighting in a map and how to create a nice atmosphere.
Do you like to show us how do _you_ make your maps – and why? I read you're building them not in Radiant but in a modeling-program. Why is it better to do so and why does it save fps (if I got it wrong please correct me). At this point, you can show us how to improve the fps of a map. Some maps look very awesome but they lag when you're in a fight with 10 other players.
I don’t think there is a tutorial about gameplay in Urban Terror (or at least for UrT 4) because it differs very much from other shooters because of its speed and possibilities like walljumping, sprinting and sliding. It would be great to see you commenting about your way of getting a map’s layout that fits in Urban Terror’s gameplay.

Well, that’s much :D But I think most of us (newbie- as well as advanced-)mappers like to know about. And I don’t expect you to do it immediately but it would be great if you inform us if you are going to do any of them. :)

Btw: Will you add all the other tutorials of delirium’s wiki (I know you, Null, made most of them)?

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942