• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

After Release Party Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   Ronaldlee Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: ronaldlee

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:22 PM

View PostBarbatos, on 16 August 2012 - 11:15 PM, said:

A pack with a lot of bugfixes (including the server crash fix) is currently being tested by the team. We'll release it as soon as possible - it means in (one or) a few days. Thanks for your patience.

Just checking in with you to see if you have made an updated release.

#42 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:28 AM

View PostFrankie V, on 19 August 2012 - 03:44 PM, said:

Would someone please explain why a game like Urban Terror would really need features like multiple cores or processors when the game runs fast enough on a single?

We get a fair number of feature requests with out explanation as to how such addition would be of benefit to the many with out bias of personal preference.

well, i was asking if it was possible or planned because i was hoping to increase performance on my beloved imac .. i am running urt on its lowest settings and with the regular build in 4.2. i can't run it at 125 fps (same for 4.1.1.) .. i get severe drops .. i don't really know what else to do, so i thought the use of all cores .. .four that is .. might be useful ..

since this is an imac i7 .. late 2010 i am rather annoyed that i have to deal with performance issues of that kind .. and mac being mac .. i can't just casually get rid of my graphics card (ati hd 5750) and buy a better one ..

i figure i might not be the only one dealing with that issue ... that's the reason i was asking about the use of multiple cores..
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#43 User is offline   Ronaldlee Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: ronaldlee

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:41 AM

View PostKarlMariaSeeberg, on 20 August 2012 - 03:28 AM, said:

well, i was asking if it was possible or planned because i was hoping to increase performance on my beloved imac .. i am running urt on its lowest settings and with the regular build in 4.2. i can't run it at 125 fps (same for 4.1.1.) .. i get severe drops .. i don't really know what else to do, so i thought the use of all cores .. .four that is .. might be useful ..

since this is an imac i7 .. late 2010 i am rather annoyed that i have to deal with performance issues of that kind .. and mac being mac .. i can't just casually get rid of my graphics card (ati hd 5750) and buy a better one ..

i figure i might not be the only one dealing with that issue ... that's the reason i was asking about the use of multiple cores..

I have 4 cores, but set urt to run on just one core. That works for me. And if I am using Ts3 that also solves other issues created when trying to run both (give each a core). Urt does not take much to run, but having a quality video card is a real plus.

#44 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:29 PM

View PostRonaldlee, on 20 August 2012 - 04:41 AM, said:

I have 4 cores, but set urt to run on just one core. That works for me. And if I am using Ts3 that also solves other issues created when trying to run both (give each a core). Urt does not take much to run, but having a quality video card is a real plus.

good for you .. but as far as i know there is no way of assigning applications to specific cores in osx ... and turning off cores can't be easily done...

but please enlighten me if you know a way to force osx to run urt on only one core
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#45 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:35 PM

I had a iMac too in 2009/10 (I dont remember wich version it was but i think it was the up to date one at that time) and it ran just fine on full graphics settings, even while recording.
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#46 User is offline   gutsanglory Icon

• Account: gutsanglory

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:43 PM

View PostBarbatos, on 16 August 2012 - 11:15 PM, said:

A pack with a lot of bugfixes (including the server crash fix) is currently being tested by the team. We'll release it as soon as possible - it means in (one or) a few days. Thanks for your patience.

Is it ready yet? Is it ready yet? Is it ready yet? Is it ready yet? Is it ready yet? Is it ready yet? Is it ready yet? Is it ready yet? Is it ready yet? Is it ready yet?

Trying to be patient...really I am. I thank you for your efforts, and I'll continue to twiddle my thumbs until the patch is released.

GUTS

This post has been edited by gutsanglory: 20 August 2012 - 04:46 PM

#47 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:11 PM

^^ Its ready!!!
They only have to wait for harddisks to drop in prices (since thai flood) HAHA

Yea, the pre_002_release party!

My wish:
1 Fixes for updater, servers and os-compatibility
2 Ingame fixes for crouch_slide_stamina bug and medic bug

Later they may fix all messages, notfication, auth, animation whatever. But above 2 wishes are most important for most, i think

When is it meme time again? xD

This post has been edited by Driller: 20 August 2012 - 05:12 PM

#49 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:05 PM

Soonâ„¢ all rights reserved by Frozensand.
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

#50 User is offline   haduzz Icon

• Account: haduzz

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:11 PM

wht will the new update/patch include ? Fix of all these bugs in the main post?

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942