• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[4.2] Update 4.2.004 Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   Tricky Icon

• Account: tricky
  • Main tag: [EH]

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:31 AM

Got a few people together last night and Dan updated our server, so Red bull in hand we go to join but the server is borked.
After a little bit of a discussion we figure that the updater has given us all random stuff on account of the mirrors being laggy.
we found that pak 9 to12 were the culprits did a bit of comparing uploaded the correct ones so we could all get the right em and presto.
It would be nice if the updater could check what it gives us.

After checking out the new skins and going wow love em we got down to it and totally forgot about the animations looking for bugs etc and
had a freaking good time of it.
Ty FS.

As for Denzel in his gray pant's we all know he's a bit of a star and a tearaway so we should give him that.
The lady does look a bit flouro though but hey she is an individual so yeh fun over realism every time for the ggs and the laughs.

Lovin it.

#42 User is offline   Pez Icon

• Account: pez
  • Main tag: strayA#

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:26 AM

its getting better, but why are the players movements still not smooth? (jumping mostly)

#43 User is offline   luke31801 Icon

• Account: luke31801

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:06 PM

this patch don't work on ubuntu 12.04 (sorry for my bad english)

#44 User is offline   hieronymuz Icon

• Account: hieronymuz

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:30 PM

Why can't you just accept criticism? Is it really that hard to say "Yup, okay, I admit that the new skins are a little too grey/black for some people, although I myself do not see any problems with it I acknowledge that it poses a problem for some people and therefore needs some rework"?

Instead the responses to very polite and legit criticism are "your gamma is set too high" and "you do nothing but complain". This is nothing but unprofessional.

I, too, think that you did a great job so far with the updates and that 4.2.004 is almost ready for competitive play and I also like the new skins, but I too have to say (and mind you my gamma settings are standard settings) that the red team's skins are too dark. If I could choose between red and blue I'd almost always go for red now, since I feel it gives you an advantage over the other team.

#45 User is offline   Orbit Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: orbit

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

View Postluke31801, on 29 October 2012 - 12:06 PM, said:

this patch don't work on ubuntu 12.04 (sorry for my bad english)

Why not?
Works fine here.

This post has been edited by Orbit: 29 October 2012 - 01:35 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#47 User is offline   H0i Icon

•   former FS member   
    Modeler
  • Account: h0i

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:15 PM

View Posthieronymuz, on 29 October 2012 - 01:30 PM, said:

Why can't you just accept criticism? Is it really that hard to say "Yup, okay, I admit that the new skins are a little too grey/black for some people, although I myself do not see any problems with it I acknowledge that it poses a problem for some people and therefore needs some rework"?

Instead the responses to very polite and legit criticism are "your gamma is set too high" and "you do nothing but complain". This is nothing but unprofessional.

I, too, think that you did a great job so far with the updates and that 4.2.004 is almost ready for competitive play and I also like the new skins, but I too have to say (and mind you my gamma settings are standard settings) that the red team's skins are too dark. If I could choose between red and blue I'd almost always go for red now, since I feel it gives you an advantage over the other team.

If you consider the context, people were saying the skins are pink - this is in fact, due to high gamma. If you are a developer you receive all kinds of criticism, pointing out flaws created by the user in many cases, such as the pink because of high gamma in this case. The reply stating this was very polite, and not impolite as you claim.

Personally I think the new red blends in a lot less with "orange" maps such as casa, making it a lot easier to see on those maps just like the blue team. And yes, if we find imbalances or problems, for example in the grey/black of course they will be fixed.

As for "you do nothing but complain", nobody said this.

#48 User is offline   Brainie Icon

• Account: brainie
  • Main tag: psyp.

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:44 PM

My only remark would be about the models. First, I think the legs are a little bit too fat (maybe it's just too fate for the girls, not the man, excuse me for my women tastes :D).
For the grey characters, maybe you could just make the kevlar red or blue depending on the team they are in.
If we see the red team too dark... I think it's our responsibility to adjust our gamma settings because of the maps.

Thanks for this update! It's getting better and better by the time!
Psychologic People - Team Canada - Psychology in Urban Terror
ClanBase Writer and Referee - Ask me if issues

#49 User is offline   zyzz Icon

• Account: zyzz

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

I was just pointing out from my view that the blue team might have a disadvantage if red is harder to spot than blue. But to be true I always thought that red was easier to spot anyway so maybe that balances it. Time will tell (for me at least).
My problem is, that I'm a bit color blind and often miss people anyway and the update made it even harder for me.
(Asking for a colorblind models is too much I guess as that would require even easier to spot models and anyone would use them. :))

#50 User is offline   hieronymuz Icon

• Account: hieronymuz

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

View PostH0i, on 29 October 2012 - 02:15 PM, said:

If you consider the context, people were saying the skins are pink - this is in fact, due to high gamma. If you are a developer you receive all kinds of criticism, pointing out flaws created by the user in many cases, such as the pink because of high gamma in this case. The reply stating this was very polite, and not impolite as you claim.

Personally I think the new red blends in a lot less with "orange" maps such as casa, making it a lot easier to see on those maps just like the blue team. And yes, if we find imbalances or problems, for example in the grey/black of course they will be fixed.

As for "you do nothing but complain", nobody said this.

I'm not talking about skins being pink (I personally didn't encounter this problem, though it seems to be a problem for some people), I'm talking about the red team's skins being too dark, which docDude, zyzz, partly Driller, Fredrik, postit and partly beautifulNihilist also have already mentioned.

I also wasn't adressing directly FrozenSand, but several users (for example n1n who told docDude to "get some new glasses" or LtStriker who said "you do nothing but complain"), I apologize if this came off wrong. BladeKiller's response was fairly polite.

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942