• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[4.2] Update 4.2.004 Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   Juno Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: juno
  • Main tag: ~SG~

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:10 PM

Ups... side buttons still not working... i have to be drunk.. :)

#62 User is offline   wraith Icon

• Account: wraith

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:11 PM

BK.. plz whatever you do, i hope you never consider leaving the team as those other artists did.. imo you're the very foundation of this whole thing that has kept it all together all these years.. not anyone else (even though they may think so.. i know at least one person that thinks that, however they are a joke).. if you left, i, for one, would be gone for good.. hang in there!

#63 User is offline   phd Icon

• Account: phd

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:19 PM

Reply to player visibility Blue VS Red.

1- I love the new models
2- I am OK with the current animation. There are some minor details to correct, like climbing a fence (although I haven't seen it myself)
3- Red can be easier to spot on some maps and blue on other maps, that is why competitive play usually require the map is played from both side. I mean, isn't that obvious?
However, if choosing Male #1 instead of Female #2 (sorry I do not know their personal names...) has an advantage, in terms of being more or less visible, then I think this is problematic.

Let me rephrase that.
There are 4 models for Blue and 4 models for Red. (right ?)
Each can have Kev/Helmet or not.
If you put the 4 different models in Blue (or Red) on the map.
The four models should have about the same "visibility".

(That is what I think, and I might be wrong.)

Otherwise, when playing in comp, people will always choose their player model with respect to the map.

What do you guys think about that ?

#64 User is offline   n1n Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: n1n

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

View PostBladeKiller, on 29 October 2012 - 08:10 PM, said:

N1n I did a gradient with RGB red and a darker shade of red. Then there are other layers on top of that for shading and texture. If you look at the screenshot MajkiFajki uploaded on the first page you can see it is very red and not pink. I do see red differently from you due to being female. Males do not see red as well as we do due to a difference in the way our eyes are made. The gradient adds some blue but this does not make pink. Pink is white and red. I think it is very rude of you to post what you think is better than what I have done. I find this insulting. You could have posted that picture as a suggestion but you choose to show it as an insult instead.

BTW, the red team uses black vests so what is so bad about a black top. I shouldn't have bothered listening to all the people who don't like the orange skins. It's always the same thing. I listen and try to do what people ask for and then get nothing but grief for the effort.

now now BladeKiller, aren't you exaggerating just a little bit? ;)
never meant to insult anyone of you, if it did harm you from what i said i truly apologize!
the point about me being a man and being colour-blind is now an insult and discrimination, how you feel about that?
i may have not been precisely about colours since none of us really care if its named "pink" or "crimson" or "fuchsia" or "maroon" or whatever the name would be, it is just not red any more(check RGB, if G and B arent +/-5% similar).

and yep, guys just liked the orange prison suit, never the less experimenting is also something considered as positive, because you show you CARE, and try to make a difference.

i've also mentioned some solutions to this issue, but noone really cared. make more skins in different variations, and/or enable server admins to pick their own [official] set of 8 skins they would like to have on their servers. problem solved through customization :)
"hey don't like my uber-camo skins? gtfo of my server whiner!" ;D
<sXe>

#65 User is offline   hieronymuz Icon

• Account: hieronymuz

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:28 PM

I listen and try to do what people ask for and then get nothing but grief for the effort.

No, what you get is criticism. You will get criticized your whole life and criticism is valuable and important if you want to improve yourself. I know it is hard to deal with criticism, I myself am not very good with it either. I am trying to change that, I have to if I want to be successful. Most people who are successful once had to learn to appreciate criticism.
Whereever you go, whatever you do, you will have to deal with criticism. If you want to work in a job with some kind of responsibility in the future you will have to deal with criticism. When working on a project like Urban Terror, you too will have to deal with criticism. I don't understand why several people from FrozenSand feel the need to justify what they have done here.

The "professional" thing would be to evaluate the criticism and if the resources are there invest the time to fix the problems that come up.

Now don't understand me wrong, we all appreciate the work you do, trust me. But you have to understand that you're also responsible for a game lots of people love. Of course these people care about the game as much as you do and some of them take the extra time to go on the forums here and offer their view of things. We are not insulting you or the time you invest in this game. We simply criticize.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#67 User is offline   zyzz Icon

• Account: zyzz

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:39 PM

Maybe the color discussion is a translation problem. I know that the english pink color is a combination of red and white. Whereas in german it's more often refered to as a red and blue combination (like magenta).
But is it really that important? :)

#68 User is offline   Doe.TwainColts Icon

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:09 AM

Just to remember we have a crash problem pending and loosing players crash by crash,
but if you want talk about colors and brightness, still I dont understand why
a lot of maps with new textures are so dark (well, since 4.1.1)
like ramelle casa uptown (and please remove that boring whistle in ut4_commune gartens).

Now continue the meeting about pants skirt and garter....

omg no!!! Now someone could really ask for skirts stuff actually :biggrin:

Self slap!

#69 User is offline   Juno Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: juno
  • Main tag: ~SG~

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:32 AM

N1n I did a gradient with RGB red and a darker shade of red. Then there are other layers on top of that for shading and texture. If you look at the screenshot MajkiFajki uploaded on the first page you can see it is very red and not pink. I do see red differently from you due to being female. Males do not see red as well as we do due to a difference in the way our eyes are made. The gradient adds some blue but this does not make pink. Pink is white and red. I think it is very rude of you to post what you think is better than what I have done. I find this insulting. You could have posted that picture as a suggestion but you choose to show it as an insult instead.

BTW, the red team uses black vests so what is so bad about a black top. I shouldn't have bothered listening to all the people who don't like the orange skins. It's always the same thing. I listen and try to do what people ask for and then get nothing but grief for the effort.

Hey, i think You overreacted on n1n words. :) I dont find this insulting. We can say its cultural difference.

According to colors etc. At first i say i liked and still like orange skins.
But still there is problem of overall visibility of skins or of perception comparing to last version of red skins. Habits are second nature.
I dont refer to fact i like or not new skins and colors (i like) but now problem is not only abut visibility.
Now i have problem with recognizing reds. I was shooting many times to red team mates. I was shot as well. In absolutely new situations. This gray overall look is confusing in very first moment.
One could say: minimap dumb! If i be forced to use minimap more what could say new players?
Even more.
Standing near metro (jeep side) on TP and looking toward pillars i see player. I should recognize him at once (like in previous versions) but i cant. I see gray model. Its about half second before marker over my team mate shows.
May be it can help. :)

This post has been edited by Juno: 30 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

#70 User is offline   zyzz Icon

• Account: zyzz

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:53 PM

View PostJuno, on 30 October 2012 - 10:32 AM, said:

Hey, i think You overreacted on n1n words. :) I dont find this insulting. We can say its cultural difference.

According to colors etc. At first i say i liked and still like orange skins.
But still there is problem of overall visibility of skins or of perception comparing to last version of red skins. Habits are second nature.
I dont refer to fact i like or not new skins and colors (i like) but now problem is not only abut visibility.
Now i have problem with recognizing reds. I was shooting many times to red team mates. I was shot as well. In absolutely new situations. This greay overall look is confusing in very first moment.
One could say: minimap dumb! If i be forced to use minimap more what could say new players?
Even more.
Standing near metro (jeep side) on TP and looking toward pillars i see player. I shout recognize him at once (like in previous versions) but i cant. I see gray model. Its about half second before marker over my team mate shows.
May be it can help. :)

Haha and I just shot a blue teammate in 3 different situations because I recognized him as red (I don't think before shooting :p). I hope I get used to it.

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942