• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[4.2] Update 4.2.005 Rate Topic: -----

#51 User is offline   hanskan Icon

• Account: hanskan

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

View PostKarlMariaSeeberg, on 04 November 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

i noticed my app file was created on August 4th ... tried to pull this out of the directory .. ran the updater again but didn't get to download this file again ...

i am running an imac i7 os x 10.6.8 (snow leopard) ... any ideas?

edit: how to solve this funky issue

so my problem was caused by this old app file that wasn't overwritten when i did the update ...

i deleted the latest pk3 file (#13) and i deleted my app file so the updater was forced to download the whole package again as well as filling the gap of the missing app file with an obviously later version of it (october 1st) ... running smooth now

I'm having the same issue with the Mac client – but UrTUpdater does NOT create any .app file! So no way to launch the game at all. I tried with an old updater and downloaded the new updater. Can anyone confirm the problem with the Mac .dmg? Or Share the app file with me?

#52 User is offline   jagdkampf Icon

• Account: jagdkampf

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

Hey guys,

As i welcome the UrT updater as a more sophisticated way to distribute updates... I'm a little confused, about how you guys allways have to add an extra instruction message to every update to overcome this and that bug and/or a missing feature :-)

Well, as long it is gameplay related that seems to be acceptable.

but C'mon ... the updater itself? lol ...do you guys have any sort of quality and/or review system before you release somthing ?How could it be that no one actualy noticed that the install itself isn't working ? xD ...

its cute to see, that you purly act amateurish with such critical things like your reputation to be at stake;-)
--Remember just because something compiles, it doesn't necessairly works at all :-)
So please please please try to avoid such critical mistakes in the future!

Thanks for a great game and (at least up till today),the loughs, at update release days ;-)

cheers
JagdKampf

This post has been edited by jagdkampf: 05 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

#53 User is offline   hieronymuz Icon

• Account: hieronymuz

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

not trying to nag, just wondering: why did you change the animations/hitbox system back to earlier versions? i felt how it was in the previous version it was awesome, the difference in accuracy is huge also. while in 4.2.004 i had 30% acc, i am back to 20% in 4.2.005 because of all the glitchy animations

#55 User is offline   docDude Icon

• Account: docdude
  • Main tag: =jF=

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

Despite all the ups and downs with the animations, I really like the new colouring of the models. That change also shows your willingness to take feedback from the community. Thumbs Up for that Posted Image

This post has been edited by docDude: 06 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

My ambition is handicapped by my laziness.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#56 User is offline   FrankY Icon

• Account: franky

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

Good Job Frozen Sand! Go On! :laugh:

#57 User is offline   matt Icon

• Account: matt

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:02 PM

View PostBladeKiller, on 05 November 2012 - 11:07 PM, said:

jagdkampf, you do realize we are just hobbyists, right? We are amateurs so do not expect perfection like you would get from a multi-million dollar dev house like Valve. We are working on a better updater but we are not full time developers on a payroll. It takes us a long time to do things because we only work on this game in our spare time. Comparing us to professional development houses is not realistic.

I thought with http://www.frozensand.com/ a company is behind all this. Anyway you could just update http://www.desura.co...s/iourbanterror and have professional Steam-like shipping mechanism.

#59 User is offline   garcassgrinder Icon

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:09 AM

Thanks Frozen Sand for your passion to work on such a project and to share with us.
Frequently Updates shows you guys spend a lot of your spare time to realize a
reasonable quality of UrT.

New Skins looks awesome ... :cool:

by the way @all: had same issue by using the UrTUpdater.x86. Have just delete the wrong files and run the Updater again, second run was successful. :wink:

#60 User is offline   speedywizard Icon

• Account: speedywizard

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

Thanks guys - the game is really awesome!

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942