Urban Terror Forums: UrbanTerror 4.2 with dmaHD sound system - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

UrbanTerror 4.2 with dmaHD sound system Rate Topic: ****- 3 Votes

UrbanTerror 4.2 with dmaHD sound system by p5yc0runn3r

#41 User is offline   ObScUrE Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: obscure

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:33 AM

Topic is now pinned! :]

BenQ-XL2420T|Filco-Ninja-TKL-MXRed|Logitech-G403|AKG-K70201000010 01101100 01110101 01110100 01010010 01100001 01110101 00100100 01100011 01101000~The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.~

#43 User is offline   p5yc0runn3r Icon

•   former FS member   
    Engine Developer
  • Account: p5yc0runn3r

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

View PostBarbatos, on 22 April 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

All these awesome features will be included in the official client in the next version. :) Thanks for the hard work p5yc0runn3r.

Thanks go to TTimo for including them in the official build :)
Thanks also go to the QA staff.
dmaHD developer | engine developer | crazy person

#44 User is offline   Gnurkus Icon

• Account: gnurkus
  • Main tag:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:17 PM

Looks all promising but it doesn't work for me. I downloaded the file, put the suggested cvars in my autoexec and launched the game. When entering the server and starting to walk around I get white / grey screens all the time, combined with a nice windows 'bleep' sound. They only go away if you keep on pressing keys untill it returns again. If you wait a bit and than walk again you can see a red bar in your lagometer.

Nvidea GeForce GT 640
Intel Core 2 QUAD (2,83 ghz)
4,00 GB RAM
Windows Vista

#45 User is offline   p5yc0runn3r Icon

•   former FS member   
    Engine Developer

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

View PostGnurkus, on 24 April 2013 - 02:17 PM, said:

Looks all promising but it doesn't work for me. I downloaded the file, put the suggested cvars in my autoexec and launched the game. When entering the server and starting to walk around I get white / grey screens all the time, combined with a nice windows 'bleep' sound. They only go away if you keep on pressing keys untill it returns again. If you wait a bit and than walk again you can see a red bar in your lagometer.

Nvidea GeForce GT 640
Intel Core 2 QUAD (2,83 ghz)
4,00 GB RAM
Windows Vista

The changes to this build only include sound, mouse and timer changes. No graphics changes at all. So in this case a screenshot would help a lot.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#46 User is offline   Gnurkus Icon

• Main tag:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

After trying some more things out I noticed that the white/grey screen shows up when I press ALT. This bind is on my alt key: bind ALT "+speed"

Taking a screenshot of this moment is not possible, this is right after:
http://i35.tinypic.com/20po7ye.jpg

You can see the low fps and the red line. I don't have this bug on the normal version allthough I have the stuttering problem there (it's on other sections of the forum).

To ad to that: When tabbing out of the game and going back both the brithness (also in the normal version) changes and I can see the windows mouse cursor in game.

This post has been edited by Gnurkus: 24 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

#47 User is offline   p5yc0runn3r Icon

•   former FS member   
    Engine Developer

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

View PostGnurkus, on 24 April 2013 - 03:29 PM, said:

After trying some more things out I noticed that the white/grey screen shows up when I press ALT. This bind is on my alt key: bind ALT "+speed"

Taking a screenshot of this moment is not possible, this is right after:
http://i35.tinypic.com/20po7ye.jpg

You can see the low fps and the red line. I don't have this bug on the normal version allthough I have the stuttering problem there (it's on other sections of the forum).

To ad to that: When tabbing out of the game and going back both the brithness (also in the normal version) changes and I can see the windows mouse cursor in game.

You should not get 36fps with that CPU and GPU. Check that you have latest NVIDIA drivers and set your NVIDIA settings for UrbanTerror to use a single processor. You can also set the UrbanTerror process to single processor affinity from the Task Manager while the process is running. This should make the game run faster.

For the mouse cursor problem set 'in_mouse' CVAR to '2'.

This executable was compiled on Ubuntu 12.04 using mingw and thus could result in some incompatibility with some machines. The official build will be compiled with VS 2010 which should be more overall compatible.

#48 User is offline   Gnurkus Icon

• Main tag:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

View Postp5yc0runn3r, on 24 April 2013 - 03:45 PM, said:

You should not get 36fps with that CPU and GPU. Check that you have latest NVIDIA drivers and set your NVIDIA settings for UrbanTerror to use a single processor. You can also set the UrbanTerror process to single processor affinity from the Task Manager while the process is running. This should make the game run faster.

For the mouse cursor problem set 'in_mouse' CVAR to '2'.

This executable was compiled on Ubuntu 12.04 using mingw and thus could result in some incompatibility with some machines. The official build will be compiled with VS 2010 which should be more overall compatible.

Hum interesting. Setting in_mouse to 2 also seems to have solved the ALT key problem. It stopped giving me this white/grey screen. I have stable fps normaly. It only happened when I was pressing the alt key. Anyway seems to be solved with this solution, thx :)

#49 User is offline   Tizz Icon

• Account: tizz
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:47 PM

Hey p5yc0runn3r ! :)

Just a quick question : with your build, demos are stored in a very odd folder, something like C:>Users>Tizzfitz>AppData>Local>VirtualStore>Programfilesx86>Urbanterro42>q3ut4>demos

Is there any way to have them stored in some folder like back in the 4.1 days ? :-) (like C:\ProgramFiles\Urbanterror42\q3ut4\demos)

Thanks !

This post has been edited by Tizz: 25 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

#50 User is offline   p5yc0runn3r Icon

•   former FS member   
    Engine Developer

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

View PostTizz, on 25 April 2013 - 09:47 PM, said:

Just a quick question : with your build, demos are stored in a very odd folder, something like C:>Users>Tizzfitz>AppData>Local>VirtualStore>Programfilesx86>Urbanterro42>q3ut4>demos

Is there any way to have them stored in some folder like back in the 4.1 days ? :-) (like C:\ProgramFiles\Urbanterror42\q3ut4\demos)

This build is the official build with the added features. So the demos are stored as the official builds. In my case it is storing them relative to the installation folder namely '.\q3ut4\demos'.

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942