is that a teaser?
Smiles open many doors.

#262 User is offline   eya Icon

•   league admin   
    www.urban-zone.org
  • Account: eya
  • Main tag: UZ|admin

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:19 AM

oh, you guys are going to love this. derattizator, one of the sweethearts you banned, approached me and asked me to tell you that:

It's too late for April's joke gyus from FS. Well I'm really very shocked from this news and I still think that it's a prank only. Anyway it looks like I am banned 4ever from this game, all competitions too. I will not try to make fake accounts I just leave from this game to shadow and seclusion. "Auth Down, due to the data theft we can not trust it! Thanks" Keep your dream FrozenSand. You banned me without verifiable proof and reasons, remember that

AND
then proceeded to tell me that he actually did try a hack. I told him to f**k off initially but reconsidered. This is just too good not to share :D

in case he decides to send in more "advocates", I got the valiant attempt at defending/busting himself logged :)

#263 User is offline   Darks Icon

• Account: darks

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:33 AM

Some bans don't surprise me :3. Thx AC :).

#264 User is offline   zvezdicazaspanka Icon

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:44 AM

Hi,

Man, I honestly do not care, I am just playing and enjoying this game (for this i thank FS) for years on a little known, local, but at the same intl' server (where I also happen to be an admin, a poor one for that matter).

All I know is, some respected players are on the list. Some claiming (I believe 1 of them) to have cheats only to catch cheaters (to review demos etc).

On the other hand... permban for past use ... If it's your decision, fine. Your game, your call. Just let people create new accounts and start clean, building their rep again from zero. Because we want to play with the best: If they are not cheating, even better.

I just want to let you know, that based on this, from now on we will probably all count on FS AC technology and that admin work quality WILL GO DOWN... (when Auth is back online)

I suggest a re-boot with a new version, a modified Auth and that we all start clean and see where we go. This would clarify things, because personally I do not care if someone cheated massively 3 years ago as long as they do not do it now. I know I made my own mistakes (in real life, I never cheated in UrT).

So: stop the fuss, make a 4.3 version with a new Auth (a little mod should do it), say when it's going online (take a few months) and let's all move forward (off course, here allow me to say that 4.1.1 still rocks, so make it better), because some of the most childish things in the last couple of days, came from FS, not the community. And we all know how the community can be like...

Because of AC and the theft, kill 4.2 and it's game and drama over. Life's to tough anyway.

anyway... all we really want and need is to go over this together and stronger. If the AC is really 100%, just go for it full time. But I believe it to be wrong to punish all for past actions, which have no connection to today's playing. Just start it tough with 4.3 (or 4.2.15 or whatever) and let's move on. Because I really think that only online cheats (while playing) should result in tempban. Want it otherwise: I own a couple of chainsaws, does not mean I will mess people up in real life. Where does it stop - mind police?

Best,

zz

This post has been edited by zvezdicazaspanka: 20 August 2013 - 11:46 AM

#265 User is offline   Juno Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: juno
  • Main tag: ~SG~

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:10 PM

Excuse list continued:
- "IT IS A GAME, IT NOT THE REAL LIVE but there a real person behind"
- "How would you react if your name will be on the list next?"
- Having cheats for catch cheaters.
- "I own a couple of chainsaws, does not mean I will mess people up in real life. Where does it stop - mind police?"

Last one convienced me. Mind police.

This post has been edited by Juno: 20 August 2013 - 12:10 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#266 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:11 PM

View PostRobDistorted, on 20 August 2013 - 03:52 AM, said:

We are not so special that we should have to provide such info. If you don't trust us then that's your choice, and you are free to make said choice. Many people do trust us and have wanted an AC for ages.

oh of course you are special...

what you, rob, are basically saying is that we can go *@!# ourselves if we don't believe in your ac thingy...that's the whole point: there is no choice for all of us cause in the end those who are banned based on evidence provided by the ac stay banned even if they don't trust you.. you catch my drift? we can believe whatever we want cause it does not matter to you, telling us we are free to choose is cynical ..

this is sadly the display of arrogant behaviour from your side .. take a look at your buggy release history and then explain to me why we should trust your current ac software?

you are in bitter need to convince people this thing is save... and right now you don't seem to care at all..

i can tell you that on the german urt forums the lack of proper info on how this thing works (without spoiling your efforts of course) and why it is save .. give those accused leverage..

thanks for frankie's attempt to find a simple explanation for what ac does (#250) ... i still feel we could use some further info on why this thing is failproof..

View PostFrankie V, on 20 August 2013 - 08:29 AM, said:

They can submit for a review at contact.at.urbanterror.info

and thanks for opening a channel for those who are accused and feel treated unfairly..

This post has been edited by KarlMariaSeeberg: 20 August 2013 - 02:11 PM

if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#267 User is offline   Juno Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: juno
  • Main tag: ~SG~

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:20 PM

I dont care how VAC on steam works. Still can play. Why? Because i didnt break rules. Simply.
Of course on other site is MIND POLICE.

#268 User is offline   eya Icon

•   league admin   
    www.urban-zone.org
  • Account: eya
  • Main tag: UZ|admin

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:56 PM

lol juno :) you always drive the point home

#269 User is offline   zvezdicazaspanka Icon

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:17 PM

Hi all,

I am not saying there should be no AC system or Auth.

On the contrary, it should! If it's 100%, I fully support it and yes, if I play dumb: I will play, what do I care (like Juno). Well, I do, 'cos I really like the game. If it's 100% ENFORCE IT - for the future, not the past!

The "if you've done nothing wrong, you should not fear it (you will not be affected)" is absolutely wrong. What woul dhappen if this was the moto in legislative proceedings? Remember the Nazis (or mind police)? Just sayin', no offence intended.

All I am saying is, sometimes there's a reason AC "misses". I know (not in real life, but in electonic life as I put it) people, admins on our servers, whom I trust completely. hell... if they are considered "cheaters" ... FS will loose the most experienced players and admins. Sure, new will come, but still... Some of them had installed (past perfect, meaning not installed anymore, but bits remain) and some have installed (present perfect, still have) cheats only to catch cheaters. Those who are in this mess will contact FS themselves (that's how much they care). It does not mean they use it online. where I play, this is how it's done to catch cheaters, to learn their tricks... and FS policy means all of my community are now what - cheaters?

Don't "more excuses" me: In the end the game is theirs, computer is mine. If I happen to install a cheat and immediately delete it after one offline use - I get banned anyway despite not using it online? Morality detector: this is not fair. In the end: yes, mind police. Over the boundary in this scenario, FS!

All I am saying: there were legit reasons (sometimes, others cheat, off course). There were cheaters, still are, do catch them, please. Cannot differentiate them? Start afresh and with strict AC implementation in the next version. So that the rules are set and clear... then there can be no excuse. Now? You've made a mess, panic PR does not help, solve it as you like - it is absolutely your decision (this you have to make on your own). You withold info on our computers (IP etc.) - fine, you can do that, it is your right, you're secure with EULA. But at least 1 of our senior admins is now seriosly hurt (ok, some take UrT way too seriously, but hey, tha same goes for soccer/football and me).

Listen, I am a noob, playing on linux, don't even know how cheats work, am a lousy admin. But nevertheless I see some people seriously hurt because of this. Nevermind the cheaters (I still feel everyone should have a chance to start afresh if FS decides to set such rules), I am talking about admins here. You've gotta trust someone: or at least set the rules for the future, not today and implement them for the past (retroactive implementation is not fair).

So yes, FS, it's your game, I support AC (admin quality will drop), do implent it. Just consider how - unless you really want people to stay on 4.1.1. If your AC is really 100%, such strict ex tunc (retroactive) actions are not needded - you will cacth them on the next connection. Why have you done so? Conclusion: it is not 100%. If it's not: I honestly believe you've made at least one mistake.

This humble noob will not write here again, you read it.

It is your call, FS.

zz

added PS: just be absolutely clear: I never cheated, never installed one, only caught 1 cheater in my admin life (and even that was a bug related WH on win version in one map, textures). And I detest (despise) cheaters. Still... measures are just not fair no matter how you wrap them.

This post has been edited by zvezdicazaspanka: 20 August 2013 - 01:20 PM

#270 User is offline   Pat59 Icon

• Account: pat59

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:43 PM

View PostJuno, on 20 August 2013 - 12:20 PM, said:

I dont care how VAC on steam works. Still can play. Why? Because i didnt break rules. Simply.
Of course on other site is MIND POLICE.

Wow urt with steam ??

• (55 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942